Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MarQ

Fair price for a cortex smartdoll body?

MarQ

What do you think would be a fair price for a cortex doll body without head and also without any clothes?
In my option the absolute maximum would be 99€ = 110$ = 12.000 Yen.
This is considering the fact that it is made with injection method in mass production and compared to other similar dolls on the market.
Off course development costs money but that has to be split over thousands of bodys and some years of production.

I categorize a price tag like this:  cheep / fair / expensive / rip-off.

Danny tends to do rip-off:
For example a simple white T-Shirt without any print or special fabric for 4.900 Yen = $44  😵 , that's a joke in my option.
https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/tops/products/nice-t-shirt

Edited by MarQ
  • Like 1

magique

Given the fact that it's Danny I'd expect $100 minimum 🤣 

I would pay $150 max, but I think that anything above $200 would be an absolute ripoff. Obitsu sells SD vinyl bodies for $200 so, since cortex is injection molded, it would be ridiculous to pay the same. 

• Like 2

Eiko82

A vinyl SmD body (without head or clothes) costs 344 USD and a bra set doll is 470 USD.

Danny has stated in the past, that Cortex would be over half of a vinyl doll. I'm assuming that he meant the price of a bra set or apparel vinyl doll. For argument's sake, let's apply that to a body without head or clothes, then my guess is that a cortex body will be somewhere in the 200-250 USD range. 

• Like 1

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

cfx
On 5/21/2019 at 7:25 AM, MarQ said:

What do you think would be a fair price for a cortex doll body without head and also without any clothes?
In my option the absolute maximum would be 99€ = 110$ = 12.000 Yen.

Yeah, there's no way that's happening. As @Eiko82 said, Danny has made the comment about "half the cost" at sometime in the past but he was vague about it as far as I recall, to the extent it could've well meant half his cost, not the retail price. Based on what Mika went for, and the curated hybrid dolls he sold at a doll show, it's likely the maximum discount compared to the vinyl body would be 10,000 yen, and more likely to be around 7,000 yen; in other words, the minimum cost for that body would be 28,000 yen and more likely to be 30,000 yen.

The skin parts are injection-molded instead of vinyl, but the internal frame is the same for both dolls. The assembly isn't trivial as shown in his recent youtube video that was linked elsewhere here.

growcian
5 minutes ago, cfx said:

Yeah, there's no way that's happening.

This is true because...

23 minutes ago, cfx said:

The skin parts are injection-molded instead of vinyl, but the internal frame is the same for both dolls.

...back when you could actually purchase the frame by itself (and *only* the frame), that was 12,000 yen.

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

demonmiko

This pretty interesting. It's such a shame that he's been teasing so much with the Ninja grade kits and whatnot without actually giving us any sort of price to work off of, it's really hard to say what the final price would be, but for an assembled Cortex hybrid sort of girl, I don't expect it to be more than $100 cheaper. I would expect it to be closer to the half-price or below mark for the DIY assembly kits, if that ever happens though. Just watching the video Danny put out, the assembly itself seems to be pretty involved.

Silent

Edited by AmaFromEU