Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

JChiibs

Little Bites

JChiibs

47908819771_0f40b0e9c4_z.jpg

Tama: "I'm all done making my gyoza. Can I have some thing to cover them with so they won't dry out before dinner?"

40942391443_638638e7f6_z.jpg

Tama: "I like the size of these noodles but I think we need to make more."

Mommy: "You do realize they are going to expand once they cook don't you?"

Tama: "Yah but we need make lots so I can have yummy soup if I get sick."

Mommy: "You never get sick. You would just want to pretend you are sick so you could snuggle in bed and have someone cook for you, letting you be really spoiled."

Tama: "Maybe..." 😁

~~~~~

Really exhausted from playing with various egg noodle doughs today trying to figure out what one works best and if any could be used for gyoza. Tried some the other day without eggs and just used water and they failed completely as noodles. I was expecting more of the same today. Brown rice flour makes decent noodles but would not hold together for shaping the gyoza. Garbanzo/chickpea flour worked for both but always makes a strangely firm noodle no matter how it's cooked. But the red lentil flour (in the pics above) works brilliantly and very close to the texture of wheat noodles. I was really expecting that one to fail. I've missed gyoza a whole lot so I'm just delighted that the lentils worked far better then I ever expected. Plus they are color-change noodles. Uncooked red lentils are reddish-orange but turn yellow once cooked.

As usual Tama has been delighted that we have been able to work on food, even if it is time consuming. Plus making MDD sized real food is just fun. I honestly didn't think I would be able to make Tama sized gyoza. I used an old gallon milk jug lid to cut out the circles (I use a wide mouth canning jar ring for the full-sized ones in the background) and cut out the center so the dough was easier to pop out. Even if I could cut them out I was highly doubtful if I could fill it, let alone getting the folds in properly. I keep cracking up that it's possible. We won't know until later if they cook properly or not, but it made me really happy getting a pic of Tama with his gyoza. It has been really fun doing some small cooking projects with him since he was always my little helper in the kitchen. Food updates may not be thrilling to anyone else but for me it is helping me connect with Tama in ways that have been vacant the last two years and in turn not make all the DD stuff not feel so overwhelming. And being able to share the photos here like I used to makes me really happy as well. I hope I remember to take a pic of Tama holding one of his gyoza so the scale is easier to see properly. They are tiny compared to the full sized ones.

~SK

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Smalllady1980

She’s so cute! I love those doe eyes of her’s.

JChiibs

7981323236_6a226de8b9_z.jpg

I know it's hard to tell but Tama has a 45cm Obitsu male bust. No worries though. He likes making people happy. 😁

~SK

• Like 1

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

RainbowNanaki

It's nice to see you posting photos here!! <3

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

AeroHail

Aaa he's such a cutie!!

JChiibs
13 hours ago, RainbowNanaki said:

It's nice to see you posting photos here!! <3

I've been trying to when I can. Life is just really, really slow for me anymore. Most of my energy has been going towards just trying to rediscover recipes I can have and testing them out. Tama still hangs out with me in the kitchen and makes sure he gets his daily snuggle allotment. 😁 

11 hours ago, AeroHail said:

Aaa he's such a cutie!!

Thank you. 😊 Tama was my first DD and even though we are nearing 30 DD now, he is still my favorite and my 'Little Prince.'

~SK

DollsnBooks

He's adorable!  I'm so glad you shared about the red lentil flour, because I can't have wheat, either, and I sure miss jiaodze (or gyoza!) It's great that you're connecting with this cute little guy. Looks like he's a big help! :)