Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Yukari

Can´t see pictures in threads

Yukari

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I just signed up and feel a bit awkward to start my forum life with a problem right away, but here goes.

I had been lurking the forum for a while and everything was fine, but all of a sudden, I can´t see any pictures in threads any more. (The header pictures show up alright.)

The problem shows up in both of my daily go-to browsers (Waterfox and the original pre-quantum Firefox).

It does not make any difference whether I am signed in or out, I´ve cleared cookies and cache and given the site permission to load images in. All to no effect.

In some threads (such as the "Ch-ch-ch-chaaanges" photostory) I see placeholders where the pictures used and ought to be, with the properties "spacer.pngapplications/core/interface/js/spacer.png"

In others (such as "Kizuna and Chitose"), the posts that ought to have pictures show up as empty.

I only noticed the problem this morning, when I wanted to check out the latest installment of K-2´s photostory, but as I had not looked at any picture threads the days before, the change may have come about with the update of the forum software on Thursday, or even before. The only change I have made to my browsers since I last looked and everything was fine was to install the fix for the recent bug that disabled most Firefox add-ons.

I can see the pictures in Chrome, Vivaldi, and Palemoon (another pre-Quantum Firefox fork), nevertheless, I´d still like to fix the issue in my go-to browsers if I can.

Maybe someone has an idea what may be at the roots and if there´s anything I can do ?

BeyondTime

I’ve been noticing that pictures take longer to load for the last few weeks. Not really an answer, but I wanted to add the observation so Averis has it. 

Slowness loading and broken links could have nothing to do with the forum itself, but they are symptomatic of something. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Yukari

In the meantime, I have noticed the problem on a couple of other forums as well. So whatever causes it probably has nothing to do with this forum in itself and is more of a browser issue. (Or a more general matter of compatibility between some browsers and forum softwares.)

I guess I´ll have to look into alternative browsers after all ...  :( 

Nevertheless, if someone with better programming knowledge than mine comes across this and happens to have an idea how to get at the core of this issue, I´ll be happy to hear it. Switching to a different browser will fix the symptom, but I´d really like to know more about the cause.

Edited by Yukari

K-2

I'm not sure if this is it or not but there is a relatively new content blocking feature that came with one of the recent Firefox updates. Up in the address bar (?) on the left side of the site address, there is a lock icon and sometimes a shield and/or a circled "i". Click on one of those three icons and a drop down menu will appear. On this menu see if adjusting one of the content blocking options helps.

Otherwise Kizuna and Chitose is also posted to the Dollieh Sanctuary forum (shameless plug). http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11737#p132566

See if the images show up for you there.

MVSig.jpg

Yukari

Thanks! I´ve tried it all now ... I´ve given Dolldreaming.com express permission to load images and set cookies, tried different browser settings to handle content, tried it with the browser in safe mode and checked out everything suggested on the Firefox support page but nothing has worked so far. :(

Your pictures show up fine on Dollieh Sanctuary (I had it in my bookmarks already, I´m also a fan of MadhVinyl), in both Firefox and Waterfox, though.

I compared some of the images that only show up as placeholders in the developer tools in different browsers and from what I can see, the src is different. In the browsers that display the image, the data-src and src are the same URL; in the browsers that don´t, the data-src is the site where the image is stored but the src has been changed to forum URL followed by  "/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png".

I also took another look at the other boards where I´ve had the problem and they are also Invision boards. I found two threads online asking for help with a problem similar to mine (images don´t show up on IPS boards; src changed to "/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png") and in those cases it was suggested that it might be connected to the lazyLoad plugin.