Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Janeway

DDP chat and information

Janeway

Mods not sure if this has been done if so please late me know.

I have ordered some ddp parts and a #6 head. Working on getting  my ddp girl Moka also going to see if obitsu hands work on this body.

Janeway

Let's chat about eyes size. What size of eyes do people use with the #6 head? Guys feel fee to post pictures of your ddp girl's.

cfx

IMO DDH-06 pretty much needs 24mm eyes unless you like the look with a white gap both above and below the iris. As that head has tall but not so wide eye holes, a narrower iris design is better if you don't want the no-white look.

Not a DDP obviously, but Volks' discontinued standard model Miko is a DDH-06 with 24mm eyes and there's a closeup face picture here:

https://www.dollfiedream.tokyo/dd_en/model/dddy_miko/

Janeway

cfx thanks and l want her to look like a teen. 

Wonder  how  many  people  have a ddp girl?

I just hope when l buy her arms, legs and feet the all match. She well be semi white girl.

cfx

Since you mentioned Obitsu hands you probably know this but I'll mention it just in case: If you are buying a DDP body in parts you can't get the DDP hands because Volks doesn't sell them. Is there a reason you aren't buying the complete body, which should also cost less than building from parts?

• Haha 1

Janeway

cfx l live on a fixed income and can not afford a full body. So this is way l am buying parts. 

• Like 2

BeyondTime
51 minutes ago, Janeway said:

cfx l live on a fixed income and can not afford a full body. So this is way l am buying parts. 

Putting her together bit by bit can be fun too. I did that with my Shion.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Janeway

cfx cool. If you want to you can post your love for ddp here.

I am also waiting for some 1/3 bjd furniture to get here as well. I plan on making a  wall diorama for  my girl when l move.

Edited by Janeway
Spelling mistake

Janeway

kalisha your girl is cute. 

What size of clothes does she fit into? What  would be better 1/4 or 1/3.

kalisha

the clothes in this photos are from SDC Mina, MSD volks clothes fit well too, the skirt a bit sort but nothing too revelating, the azone 50 clothes fits well too, but the long sleeve are a bit long.

Janeway

Kalisha agree and l have some of clothes from both brands.

solebria

If you don't mind my terrible camera pictures, I can answer your question in regards to Obitsu hands and DDP hands as I have both!

Amane (left) DDP, Cleo (center) Obitsu 50 cm, Usage (right) DDS

Amane (left) is a DDH 09 on a DDP (DH-f3) normal skin body and Cleo (center) is an DDH 06 on an Obitsu (50 cm) white skin body. Don't mind Usagi on the right!

Now first of all, Amane had the DD2 10B hands and while they are tad too big for a DDP body, it didn't bother me as much as I wanted a cute pose for her (for a bit) ...but as time went along, the size started to be a problem for me. So with this discussion, I decided to change her hands to the regular DDP hands that came with the body 😅 I need to find the regular DD2 10 hands.

spacer.png

This picture shows the size comparison of both Obitsu and DDP hands along with skin tone comparisons. Obitsu hands are smaller and daintier making them incompatible with the DD hand joints/internal frame. All Obitsu's hands are harder and less flexible than DD hands. In my experience, Obitsu's V-sign hand opening/socket is even smaller that it won't even fit the joint all the way ...and DDP hands are a pain to remove from the internal frame since the hand opening is smaller than regular DD hands.

spacer.png

Now as far as fitting the arm socket, here is Amane (DDP) wearing Obitsu hands and while they do 'fit', the arm socket is not wide enough to fit the last section of the joint.

spacer.png

Meanwhile, Cleo (Obitsu) is able to fit DDP hands well! The skin tone difference might be noticeable here, but in regular everyday light, it's hardly noticeable.

Hopefully this helps!

Janeway

Solebria thanks for the pictures. What about MDD hands would they work?

Your girls are cute as well.

• Like 1

solebria
58 minutes ago, Janeway said:

Solebria thanks for the pictures. What about MDD hands would they work?

Your girls are cute as well.

Hmm. Unfortunately, I do not have an MDD nor MDD hands but, based on this post from jadepixel, they might look a little chubby and small for DDP. Now as for MDD internal frame with an Obitsu hand, it never occurred to me to test it out! As soon as I am able to get a hold on some MDD internal frames (both VolkUSA and Volks International are currently out of stock) I can test it out with Obitsu hands.

Also thank you! 💕

1 hour ago, solebria said:

... 😅 I need to find the regular DD2 10 hands.

My mistake on this part! I forgot that there are no DD2 H 10 (heart hands) regular size ...though I keep wishing there was.

Edited by solebria

Janeway

Solebria ok thanks and l well just  use what l have on hand for the time being.

Solebria what since of props dose your ddp girl use?

solebria
10 minutes ago, Janeway said:

Solebria ok thanks and l well just  use what l have on hand for the time being.

Solebria what since of props dose your ddp girl use?

I mostly use 1/4 props or for clothes anything that fits MSD. There will be just a couple of occasions when I will use DD or 1/3 size. Props like hand bags or jewelry can be interchangeable with my DDS girls and DDP/Obitsu. They might look a little bit bigger but nothing really off-scale. Another example can be when it comes to socks. DDP shins/lower legs are much chunkier than regular bjd MSD so any socks that don't stretch (particularly on the top part) might be a tight fit or not fit at all so I might try to fit non-stretch socks that are DD or 1/3 size. If they are short they fit nicely but sometimes they might look like knee-high or thigh-high socks which I don't mind. DDS size skirts might be a hit or miss depending of the type of skirt and if I am willing to do a bit of altering. Sometimes I use DD size skirts since MDD/MSD skirts can be a little too short.

As for furniture, I don't own much furniture (yet) but I believe MSD furniture is best with DDP as it is just a couple of centimeters smaller that a regular bjd MSD. However, from what I have seen, 1/3 size Sofas and Chairs don't look weird with a DDP sitting as some chairs and sofas can be on the bigger size in real life.

Janeway

Solebria thanks.

There is a esty shop that l love buying there furniture kits from and there are called DreamStudioDollHouse. I well post pictures when l get the 2 pices that l ordered.

Janeway

Bump for own pictures.

Has anyone dose a gothic ddp before?

I wonder if a person can make a ddp boy now that would be cool. 

jLazy

Are DDP limited to S bust?  I would like one with M bust but do not see one on the Volks website. 

Janeway

jLazy l'd yes for now. 

Mind you l am wondering if a MDD bust or obitsu 50cm bust can work on the ddp body. 

Janeway

Here is my ddp girl she a work in progress. Now to make my mind up who she is going to be.

20190610_142031.jpg.0e773722cc09e9e9f3d203a83d75c43d.jpg

Edited by Janeway
  • Like 2

Janeway

Now  l need to make my mind up what to name her Moka, Rini. I like both names.

The only thing that I have to get used to is how thick the vinly is and l may have to loosen her middle up so she can lean forward.

Poofiemus
On 6/2/2019 at 1:40 AM, kalisha said:

Here, a 06 in DDP body, she looks really cool in this body, in the photo she wear a 22mm volks eyes.

47984041503_af65d79c9b_z.jpgGreen by Carmen G, en Flickr

Oh my god STAR BUTTERFLY! You gonna make her a wand??

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Janeway

Was wondering where to get a navy Blue bjd wig with no bangs?