Juu Yuki

Uriko

Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Salica

pandy

Dolpa LA - "The merry unbirthday doll party" (alt to the volks tea party)

pandy

1040636541_unbirthdaybanner1.png.20c2da9ebb347a291310a102ef096816.png

Is it your un-birthday today? It is , Right ? Well, It happens to be mine too!
♤A very merry un-birthday to you and to all of your dolls!♧
Let's all congratulate ourselves and celebrate our un-birthday together at this nice Alice themed cafe with some treats or tea.
insidesugarbuzz.png.1917339edd84d5d493088bfd7cb58a90.png
Event location: Sugarbuzz Cafe
Address: 6386 E Santa Ana Canyon Rd, Anaheim, CA 92807
Time:  Sat September the 7th 4:00pm - 6:00pm (takes place during the volks tea party)

Come join us at our Independent Tea Party Alternative!  

This is a chance to meet some local So-Cal doll enthusiasts while enjoying some treats or tea. It will be held at the same time as Volks' Dolpa LA Tea Party, in the same city of Anaheim.  (We are not associated with Volks or Dolpa in any way. This is simply a fun alternative for those who could not afford or otherwise attend the official tea party.)

Please only bring one (or two dolls max) with you as space will be limited.  We recommend bringing a doll stand, but if you don't have one available, we will be providing a table cloth for the dolls to sit on. 

We will have a small display area with a few props for your dolls to pose with.  Please be very respectful of the props and keep them in the general area during the event.

You and your doll(s) are welcome to come dressed in the Alice in Wonderland theme, but it is not required.  Do keep outfits family-friendly as this is a public space.

There will be an Alice and doll themed trivia game that we will be playing with attendees upon arrival.  Depending on your answer, you may win a scale "Drink me" bottle prop or an Alice in Wonderland special pin set that we have created for this event.  Some pin sets are scaled specifically for dolls, and some are scaled for people to wear. 

Be prepared to spend a few dollars at the cafe.  Everyone is expected to purchase something, even if it's just a small drink or cookie. 

Please RSVP here or on Facebook so we know how many people to expect.  The event may be capped at a certain number due to space restrictions.  If you change your mind or otherwise can't attend, please let us know so that someone else may take your spot.

As this is a public setting, we ask that you please be respectful and mindful of other guests in the cafe. 

We kindly ask that you do not touch someone else's doll without permission.  If you need a doll moved, please ask one of the hosts of the event first.

We are not responsible if anything should happen to your dolls. It is your responsibility to keep an eye on your own doll.

- All of our volunteer event hosts will be wearing specific rosette ribbon pins so you can spot us apart easily from other guests. Please come to us with any questions you may have or concerns you may have during the event.

Below are the following pin designs available for trivia game participating guests: 

pinlayout.png.1dceb53111bbf045c76bc41584cf8837.png

(Pin badge art credit goes to: @Stellalina here on the forum) background for pin design by

Edited by pandy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

growcian
25 minutes ago, pandy said:

me and @acnon will be hosting a special meet during the well known tea party event. It is planned to mostly be for people who can't afford the tea party or have not much interest in it. 

Thank you. 😀

I've often thought, what do I get from the $100+ ticket for the tea party? Based on the Volks info page and testimonials of people who did attend in the past, my conclusion was the tea party is not for me. Having the option of an alternate gathering is very welcome news.

25 minutes ago, pandy said:

This meet up will be held in a different location then dolpa but within the same city at the famed tourist cafe in Anaheim called: creme and sugar gone mad!

Doing a search on Google for "creme and sugar gone mad", I got a result for a location called, "Sugarbuzz". Is this the location? (There are photos of the location with the signage, "CReME & SUgAR - COFFEE & DESSERT PARLOUR" but I don't want to make assumptions here.)

• Like 2

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

Sticks-Ara

This is a great idea. I’m sure the turnout will be huge. I’ll be there for sure too 🙂.

• Like 1

ajl

Oh. I've heard of this place before. Haha. I'll definitely be going to this one, but I'm sure you guys already knew that haha. 

• Like 1

pandy

Glad to hear all of you guys will be coming! :) it should be a fun time! I'm really looking forward to it as this is a really neat themed cafe and I feel we can have a lot of fun here.

In terms of the name change i saw that just now. It looks like it's still the same cafe but I know they recently moved location (still within anaheim) so I just got off the phone with them now and they said some items like their scones and cinnamon buns will be gone but they still have their signature cakes, cookies. Milkshakes etc but better / improved recipes. The alice theme and decorations are the exact same and it is just mostly a slight menu and name change. I asked about september and our party and they said it's still the same place and should be fine. 

I told them we went there last back in April and they assured me the changes are not much they just wanted to simplify the menu so it's not as crazy sweet as before and sense they get a lot of tourism they had to simplify some menu items.

Edited by pandy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

pandy

Hey all just wanted to say i will be updating the post shortly, I have been sick the past two weeks so hopefully sometime this week I will be able to go to creme and sugar to check things out and update the thread, most likely over the upcoming weekend. 

asianed

This is awesome! I'm definitely interested! 

• Like 1

c4tbus

i’m almost disappointed that i got into the tea party because it means i won’t get to come to this lovely event! i hope everyone has a great time and takes lots of pictures !!!🥰

• Like 1

nanika

I believe this is the meet-up information:

Pandy will probably post the information soon.  I could be wrong about the location, so wait for Pandy's update.

asianed

Awesome! I'm in for this and will have a +1 with me (and our dolls)!

• Like 1

pandy
13 hours ago, asianed said:

Awesome! I'm in for this and will have a +1 with me (and our dolls)!

alright sounds good! Looking forward to meeting you, your dolls and your +1 :] 

----------->

UPDATE: I just went to the location tonight and spoke with the manager. Some of the theme has changed a little bit and is now leaning a little on the 50s ice cream parlor aesthetic. 

However, Some of the old Alice elements from before remained there such as the giant prop keys by the doorway and a few of the wall knick knacks as well as the floor. The big red chair is gone but they do have some other neat pastel looking furniture for photos. 

Also as a note they now only sell sweet pastries and drinks. We are still sticking to our alice related theme as we feel it fits the aesthetic of the cafe. The overloaded unicorn shakes, Decorative cake slices and Disney themed food such as the mint julep knock offs are still being offered there. The menu really has not changed at all and I tried a item last night and tastes the same quality. 

This has always been a hot spot hangout for cosplayers as well as kids due to the decorative aspect and vibe of the shop. The staff is excited for our hangout and looking forward to seeing us! 

20190822_210831.jpg

20190822_210653.jpg

20190822_210644.jpg

Edited by pandy

acnon

As mentioned above, I'll be co-hosting and bringing a couple of my girls in cosplay if all works out.

We've got some cool swag for the event we've been working on so I hope you'll all look forward to it!

• Like 1

20 daughters, mistresses and wives & counting....

asianed

it looks like the cafe is a bit of a hike from Dollpa/hotel. Does anyone want to coordinate for a ride or Uber between the two?

nanika
22 hours ago, asianed said:

it looks like the cafe is a bit of a hike from Dollpa/hotel. Does anyone want to coordinate for a ride or Uber between the two?

That's a good idea.  I'd offer, but I'm not coming from Dolpa that day, so I'm just going direct to the cafe.

Here's a map to give everyone an idea of where it is located.

capture_001_24082019_010711.png

pandy
On 8/23/2019 at 5:30 AM, asianed said:

May be able to carpool possibly. 

Thank you for posting the map Nanika! 

Edited by pandy

Stellalina

Thanks for the credit!! I'm super excited and I hope people will like the pin designs I made!! Please everyone if you have time during Dollpa come by and have fun !! ^-^ 

• Thanks 1

blackrabbit

Was able to get the Alice in Wonderland door prop for our gals!

20190901_162558.jpg.83fb1d1d98ca6ae563a6d0c176bb5853.jpg

• Thanks 1

(⊙‿⊙✿)

acnon

That door is perfect!!

20 daughters, mistresses and wives & counting....

Stellalina

Can't wait for the meet today ! See you all in a few hrs!