Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Majikaru-Rin

My Cute Monster Girl Muses – Cyclops + Cyclops-Hybrid

Majikaru-Rin
Posted (edited)

When you’ve got multiple floating heads without bodies but still think it’s a good idea to start yet another project XD

I decided to create these two girls’ characters while I was having a bit of a stressful time trying to complete my multitude of assessment tasks for my Masters that were all due at the same time. I’m the type of person that can’t shut down my brain and it just kept going around in circles and driving me mad so I decided to draw, thinking it would take my mind off work for a little while.

2.png.2ae54384ba117528500ece428b5ce064.png

3.png.50daa326cbfd896e9a725f56efbc7615.png

Thus Sayumi and Shiori were born!

Every time I felt the stress creep in too much I’d sit down and draw little sketches of them and it was just a fun way of switching off. The more I drew them the more I wanted to turn them into dolls so now that I’ve completed this semesters work and am on a break I thought; why the heck not?

I’ve just ordered their heads tonight so thought I might as well create (yet another) thread here!

Meet Sayumi and Shiori!

1.png.7077f72b5460c3e370431ec773d3aac6.png

Sayumi is my Yami Kawaii/Menhera cyclops girl. She comes across quite cool and unfriendly to most people but she’s actually just pretty shy and is uncomfortable being around a lot of people. Despite her shyness she has a habit of standing up for people who are being bullied (despite never standing up for herself) and ends up in fights which is why she is more often than not always covered in injuries and bandages. It doesn’t bother her though since it adds to her Yami Kawaii/Menhera style. It does unfortunately make her seem even more intimidating to those around her so she doesn’t really have any friends. That is until she meets an equally shy and eccentric girl by the name of Shiori…

Shirori is my Fairy Kei clad human/cyclops hybrid girl. She has a third eye on her forehead which she is blind in; a genetic defect due to being a human/cyclops hybrid. She has a hidden much bubblier and cheerful side that comes out when she pretends to be a magical girl, a pastime she keeps secret and is a bit embarrassed about. She wears cute Fairy Kei clothes as a subtle acknowledgement of her childishly fun pastime. Outwardly though she is painfully shy and doesn’t talk much which has resulted in her being isolated by her peers, being half-human certainly hasn’t helped with the issue. This all changes when she meets the cool but very kind and brave Sayumi…

~*~*~

Obviously a lot of modding is going to be required here and below is how I’m hoping to mod them, along with a rough idea of what I want their face ups to look like. Here’s hoping I can pull it off!

Sayumi's head is a Parabox Hime Ane and Shiori's is a Parabox Sleeping Princess.

328756757_headmods.png.6bc5ac18cf7089d9727f5129fb2b4984.png

Clothing wise as mentioned above Sayumi will wear Yami Kawaii/Menhera and Shiori will wear Fairy Kei.

556161005_sayumiandshioriconcepts.png.7d692abe8d6bb20945745b16cdab329a.png

At the moment my primary focus will be modding and painting them once they’ve arrived. If they turn out I’ll then work on buying their wigs and making their eyes. Then the saving for their bodies and clothes will begin.

They’ll be the last vinyl project I start work on for a while since I need to focus on getting my other floating heads their bodies (this includes from my resin family too!)

Edited by Majikaru-Rin
  • Like 1

Majikaru-Rin
Posted (edited)

Sayumi and Shiori's heads arrived a few days ago and I just finished modding them today!

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be so that was a plus. This is the first time I've done such extensive mod work so I'm pretty pleased with the results. Shiori's third eye could possibly do with a bit more sanding to smooth it off but other than that they're ready to be sealed and given face ups 😊

1023834223_ShioriandSayumi.png.ade05384fdc604261dd5e4985b2f4db1.png

Modifications Done

Shiori

- Added third eye to forehead

- Removed excess vinyl on eyes (the eye sockets weren't cut open properly when she arrived for some reason)

- Mouth sanded off

Sayumi

- Eyes cut open to form single cyclops eye

- Mouth sanded off

Edited by Majikaru-Rin
  • Like 4

Majikaru-Rin

After quite some time of sitting around in a partially started state I finally finished Sayumi's head today.

Sayumi.png.4a7a95803ef0664468d92ab8b4c8e584.png

She ended up looking quite cute (although a little rough, as all my face ups are.) 😊 I'm hoping to buy her wig soon now that she has a proper face, haha~ 😋

Shiori on the other hand wasn't so lucky. I really don't like how her face up is turning out so I'm going to wipe her and give her a completely different design than I had originally planned (largely due to the fact the wig I wanted for her is now sold out... and I'm now realising it would have been too big for her anyway.) So I've decided to give her an albino look, she'll have silver/grey eyelashes as apposed to white for a bit more depth and her eyes are going to be changed to red. Here's hoping I can do her justice this time 😅

• Like 1

Majikaru-Rin

I finally got around to sealing Shiori's final (for now) face up (Had 3 major case studies to complete for University so poor Shiori got shafted for quite a few months 😖)

But here she is with Sayumi! Next goal for this project: order their wigs! 😊

806741137_SayumiandShiori.png.5ca3bdd1ad5f9f469e1d3792c4b76bb0.png

Shiori is proving to be quite hard to photograph (her faceup looks much cuter in person, haha~)

• Like 3

Majikaru-Rin
4 hours ago, hellFlower said:

oh i love these two heads! they're so unique and the mods themselves look great!

looking forward to seeing these two with their wigs!

Thank you so much! @onion14@

Majikaru-Rin

No huge updates to be had but I've ordered both Sayumi and Shiori's wigs! Sayumi's is actually awaiting collection at my post office, haven't had a chance to go get it yet. It's the same pink and purple Dollce wig seen in my first post. I'm glad I ordered it when I did; there's only 1 left!

I ordered Shiori's wig today so it'll arrive in a week or so (thanks to the crappy exchange rate it ended up being much more expensive than I would have liked, but oh well). I ended up going for a completely different style than her original design (which was a side ponytail).

She'll be getting this wig in white from Wigs2Dolls (they're the same company I got my first DD RAYNE's wig from all those years ago in 2014). The fringe will be cut super short to show off her third eye 😋

In other non-wig related updates, I ended up adding a few glittery stars to both their face ups after snagging a whole set of glitter for cheap while shopping and I couldn't resist...

1056484905_glittergirls.png.850cc7fdb9e58878373ee0418219456c.png

I'll post another update once both their wigs are here 😊

Edited by Majikaru-Rin
  • Like 1