Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Beyond Time's Photo Randoms

lardroom
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Kaede looking cute yet dangerous in her motorcycle leather.

49637030758_5165755abc_o.jpg

I like how you used the riders jacket. I've been thinking of how to deal with the fact that the sleeve is almost certainly too big for a DD. Maybe ill use it like a fancy mantle or shawl like the black rider set.

BeyondTime

Mermaid dress on Ami.

49637672093_56844c91e1_o.jpg

• Like 4

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lardroom
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Mermaid dress on Ami.

49637672093_56844c91e1_o.jpg

SD16 looks so pretty and perfect in that dress.  If you don't mind,  how does Lady Oscar with her small bust and lady shoulders wear it?

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, lardroom said:

SD16 looks so pretty and perfect in that dress.  If you don't mind,  how does Lady Oscar with her small bust and lady shoulders wear it?

I haven't tried it on her yet.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Kikuchi. Makoto Kikuchi.

49661376567_25e144b3b5_o.jpg

49660555958_5d3e54c402_o.jpg

49661376212_b7e422c577_o.jpg

49661376362_901198606a_o.jpg

• Like 4

cfx
41 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Kikuchi. Makoto Kikuchi.

49661376567_25e144b3b5_o.jpg

Yes, love this.  @onion24@

Sad to read about the cumberbund fit though. I'm assuming it's the pose with the one arm making the sleeve look that long? It didn't in your other picture and when I tried mine on DDS. They are a little long as expected on DDS but didn't seem bad.

The Sporty Boyish jacket looks better in your picture here too; maybe the smaller bust makes it not stick out as much like a tent?

BeyondTime

I should have done it like this.

49662144181_cc033b8c88_o.jpg

6 hours ago, cfx said:

I'm assuming it's the pose with the one arm making the sleeve look that long?

Possibly, the jacket is probably a bit off her shoulder in this pose.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

lardroom
28 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I should have done it like this.

49662144181_cc033b8c88_o.jpg

Possibly, the jacket is probably a bit off her shoulder in this pose.

This one fits much better than the previous navy three piece suit. I was worried about the shoulders.

cfx

I never really thought about how those Marine Tricolor sets can work as idol outfits.

11 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

49661376362_901198606a_o.jpg

BeyondTime
20 minutes ago, cfx said:

I never really thought about how those Marine Tricolor sets can work as idol outfits.

When I first saw this one it screamed Makoto. It would work on Chihaya too, and the top has two sets of snaps so it fits DDS pretty well.

I wanted to get the other three, but couldn't afford all of them along with other stuff I wanted more. I chose to prioritize Makoto, since it was just made for her imo.

cfx
3 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I wanted to get the other three, but couldn't afford all of them along with other stuff I wanted more.

They are all still available now on both Volks USA and international in case that changes for you.

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, cfx said:

They are all still available now on both Volks USA and international in case that changes for you.

I know, they’re on my wishlist. I have a few things ahead or them, but Dolpa 42 and the Feb collection cost me a lot  

cfx
20 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

[...] Dolpa 42 and the Feb collection cost me a lot

Oh yeah. There wasn't quite as much for me in those though were still some of the better events for me, but also I don't have SDs to keep clothed and happy. :classic_laugh:

BeyondTime
12 minutes ago, cfx said:

Oh yeah. There wasn't quite as much for me

I was counting Ranko in that statement. XD

cfx
5 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I was counting Ranko in that statement. XD

I know, but you way outdid me in outfits for both events. XD

It's bad when I'm used to aftermarket prices to a point that Ranko seemed inexpensive by comparison. @onion16@

BeyondTime
On 3/15/2020 at 2:18 PM, cfx said:

I know, but you way outdid me in outfits for both events. XD

I liked pretty much everything blue & black label as well as a bunch of Tenshi no Koromo and Designers collection. Normally I don't go for stuff like the alchemist sets, but someone's mention of how detailed they were pushed me over the edge.

Edited by BeyondTime

BeyondTime

49664271988_4b7a778605_o.jpg

49665095342_0378d5fe39_o.jpg

49665095547_58c05f3def_o.jpg

49664812116_3ebf3a1972_o.jpg

49665095077_312faf0691_o.jpg

49665095652_930e6d4cd0_o.jpg

49664812706_b14e5e51d8_o.jpg

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 4

Singer Yuna

I’m not so used to see your Asuna that she surprised me xD Kaede looks lovely as always ^^
And the 007 Makoto is a killer I love her.

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

lardroom

I love that Kaede pose, emphasizing her backless top and beaded ties.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Singer Yuna said:

I’m not so used to see your Asuna that she surprised me xD Kaede looks lovely as always ^^
And the 007 Makoto is a killer I love her.

I've been playing around with posing and thinking up concepts for images, and I am trying to rotate the dolls I use so more of them are getting photographed.

Asuna's look fit the outfit I chose really well so I picked her to wear it. Uzuki has that cute schoolgirl look, and Kaede has a mature, sexy, and more than a little dangerous vibe.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, lardroom said:

I love that Kaede pose, emphasizing her backless top and beaded ties.

Kaede is a great character. As an idol she gave up a career advancing opportunity to play a small venue that just happened to be important to her oldest fans. Great concept for a person.

That top was made for SD16. In order to get it to fit properly for the photo I had to shove a Volks stand extender into it on the side so it was pulled tight. Otherwise there would have been an obvious gap under her breasts.

One thing about photography is you sometimes need to improvise to get the look you want. For example you can use your hand to hold the doll steady for photos as long as you crop your hand out of the final image. I ended up having to use the clone stamp in Photoshop to remove the part of the stand extender that showed in the image, but you look at the photo you'd never know she had a metal bar shoved in her top's strap. For photography I recommend a remote shutter release as an early purchase, it can really help with doll photos, and indoor low light photos.

lardroom
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I ended up having to use the clone stamp in Photoshop to remove the part of the stand extender that showed in the image, but you look at the photo you'd never know she had a metal bar shoved in her top's strap. For photography I recommend a remote shutter release as an early purchase, it can really help with doll photos, and indoor low light photos.

This Nikon D3500 comes with an app for wireless remote shutter control, which is great for a $300 purchase. I haven't tested it out yet, though. I do need a tripod to make it work.

Edited by lardroom

BeyondTime
25 minutes ago, lardroom said:

This Nikon D3500 comes with an app for wireless remote shutter control, which is great for a $300 purchase. I haven't tested it out yet, though. I do need a tripod to make it work.

There are a number of things you can do to improvise. One would be to get a tabletop tripod, those should be pretty cheap, and then put it on top of something like a stack of boxes or the same surface the doll is on. You can also do things like stack books on top of a surface and put the camera on that, but think textbooks, not paperback novels.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/983551-REG/manfrotto_mtpixi_b_pixi_mini_table_top.html

This one is designed in way that lets you strap it to things like tree limbs or poles in addition to being a tripod.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/239963-REG/Ultrapod_PD02010_2_Black.html

I took this one in San Diego, and didn't have a tripod. I put the camera on my laptop so it had a flat surface and then used the timer function to take the photo.

49667781896_e5eb4433e5_o.jpg

BeyondTime

Race Queen Mio

49684917493_15a032857c_o.jpg

Mio is now hiding back in her box from embarrassment.

• Like 6