Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Beyond Time's Photo Randoms

BeyondTime
  • Like 11

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime
  • Like 15

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime
  • Like 8

Xiongmao

Wow - if my Uzuki v2 and my Erica had a child I'd expect she'd look like your Uzuki v1.

I wasn't sure about my Yayoi at first, but when I put her default wig on she became complete. And then I found Iori and she became even more complete.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
  • Like 4

BeyondTime
  • Like 10

BeyondTime
  • Like 10

Yuns
On 3/26/2023 at 2:57 PM, BeyondTime said:

Your collection is amazing! And that kimono is gorgeous, I'm in love!

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
  • Like 6

Rajke

I really love the hat.

@onion24@

Nice shoot and love the Color’s.

@onion20@   This is a signature.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Rajke said:

I really love the hat.

I think it came with a Volks outfit. 

BeyondTime
  • Like 6

BeyondTime

I still need to work on refining my masking on these. Masking software seems to struggle with dolls, and things that work properly on humans don't work as well on our little plastic friends.

Still, here's M.O.M.O.

I haven't photographed her in a while, and I created a graffiti background with custom text as something special just for her.

52827714848_8006219ede_b.jpgM.O.M.O. - Cute Girl Outing-5717-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52827675335_e31d2e25d2_b.jpgM.O.M.O. - Cute Girl Outing-5719-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52827455094_290bf8acb8_b.jpgM.O.M.O. - Cute Girl Outing-5715-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52827713828_4fd91e1d76_b.jpgM.O.M.O. - Cute Girl Outing-5727-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52827675105_51d42f8810_b.jpgM.O.M.O. - Cute Girl Outing-5722-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52827272966_7373204ca0_b.jpgM.O.M.O. - Cute Girl Outing-5725-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52827273121_f41d965513_b.jpgM.O.M.O. - Cute Girl Outing-5733-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52827455739_b849e6179b_b.jpgM.O.M.O. - Cute Girl Outing-5737-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr 

Spoiler

For the record: I would never call a woman a B**ch in the real world, that's just rude and very derogatory, but in this image it fit the "street" theme, and with the associated text conveyed a sense of large attitude in a small but cute package.

The original composite image that I used for the background.

52830255229_766f28f159_k.jpgCustom Graffiti for M.O.M.O.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

I blended that image with a stock sidewalk photo. I got almost all the individual elements from Adobe Stock except the "style" graffiti text which I made in Photoshop, and the Xenosaga / iM@S images which I grabbed from the web and aged in Photoshop. It also highlights why it's important to take pictures of random things, the concrete and sidewalk are just photos someone took on the street, and they're nothing special except properly exposed and processed.

• Like 7

BeyondTime
  • Like 9

Xiongmao

My girls have that suitcase (in red), plus a less pretty version of your umbrella.

That wheeled suitcase design reminds me of when I was teaching in China, because almost all of the students had one.

We definitely need a how-many-outfits-can-your-girls-cram-into-the-Volks-suitcase thread.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

We definitely need a how-many-outfits-can-your-girls-cram-into-the-Volks-suitcase thread.

It would depend on the outfit. I think when you talk Designer Dollection it would be zero, and for a lot of other things it would one, or you'd risk damage to the outfits. For stuff like pants and shirts, you could fit a fair number in.

For photos I would fake it. Fill the suitcase with cotton wadding, and then place some clothes on top to conceal the cotton. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
  • Like 10

cinnabunroll
On 3/24/2023 at 12:05 PM, BeyondTime said:

Ahh your Uzuki has me excited to see MY Uzuki when she arrives!! So pretty!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Xiongmao

Uzuki is still my second favourite. After I acquired Towa it took 18 months to decide on her sister. We definitely made a fantastic decision. Kizuna AI was 3rd and she's awesome too - I love smiley DD and Shin Sato is going to be a popular addition to the household.

I think Uzuki (1 and 2) are pretty popular because her school outfit is starting to sell for silly money. It might also be because Shin Sato and the other Idolmaster releases go to the same high school.

Your Uzuki's fishnets are cool - that's something we don't yet have. I must put my Uzuki in her Smile & Sweets set sometime - I think it's my favourite of all my girls' default outfits.

BeyondTime

Tohsaka Rin has arrived, so the event may start now.

52854528811_6a13b0bdf9_k.jpgRin Tohsaka V1 - Cocktail Party-6001-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52854075232_eb6f735d3c_k.jpgRin Tohsaka V1 - Cocktail Party-6003-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52854659341_7fa2aa149c_k.jpgRin Tohsaka V1 - Cocktail Party-6004-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52854832509_d24d72fe39_k.jpgRin Tohsaka V1 - Cocktail Party-6005-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

52854832559_e4aee2ddb6_k.jpgRin Tohsaka V1 - Cocktail Party-6006-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

The logos are licensed as stock art for editorial use, so they should not violate any IP rights. I don't own any of the logos, nor am I affiliated with any of those companies. 

• Like 10

BeyondTime
  • Like 9

jazijaz

Wow I went through all the thread. I was so delighted looking at every picture, you have a big collection but all your girls are very well taken care of. Your photography and posing skills are amazing, your girls are all so beautiful. It makes me feel guilty when I have all my dolls in the same outfit for 1-2 years 😅 it's a miracle if I change them all 2-3 times a year. This thread inspired me to photograph my dolls more and change them often. Thank you for the photography tips, I screenshot them all so I can come back to them when I finally do a photoshoot of my dolls. 

BeyondTime
19 hours ago, jazijaz said:

It makes me feel guilty when I have all my dolls in the same outfit for 1-2 years

My girls usually wear bikinis or underwear when they are on their stands. It make it easy to dress them up for photos, and they're packed too close together for flowing outfits. Pants are an option for the ones on stands, but some of them have to sit on the edge of things, so they need something that lets them bend and which won't get wrecked.

antigone
On 3/26/2023 at 1:57 PM, BeyondTime said:

She looks very elegant. Well done

BeyondTime

I did this shoot yesterday, and failed to realize that I had left a florescent lamp on. I didn't have a good way to clean up the color cast so I ended up re-shooting it today...

Ever since shenanigans by a certain someone, my idols have been hanging out with the Sailor Moon crew.

53083092388_1da31c3bf5_h.jpgYayoi - Makoto - Makoto - Minako -Athletes-7054.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53083092268_a7ea739bb2_h.jpgYayoi - Makoto - Makoto - Minako -Athletes-7056.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53082999775_ee74651c5a_h.jpgYayoi - Makoto - Makoto - Minako -Athletes-7057.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53082594476_1d4682a82c_h.jpgYayoi - Makoto - Makoto - Minako -Athletes-7061.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53082594351_2f80ae2bab_h.jpgYayoi - Makoto - Makoto - Minako -Athletes-7062.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53083091888_b89a507d64_h.jpgYayoi - Makoto - Makoto - Minako -Athletes-7066.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53082027177_f340f8c2ea_h.jpgYayoi - Makoto - Makoto - Minako -Athletes-7065.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

53082594001_7ad275e4e9_h.jpgYayoi - Makoto - Makoto - Minako -Athletes-7070-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 6
  • Haha 1