Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

baldylox
22 hours ago, Subaru said:

Serra's skin color is called "Petal" which is a bit cooler, and pinker in tone when compared to semi-white skin.
it's a close enough match to where it can be some-what passable since the make-up can mask the difference in color.

Jadepixel has a comparison on her blog here:
https://www.jadepixeldoll.com/dollfie-icon-serra-arrival/

The Serra I have is darker in tone than my SWS girls and almost exactly the same as the newer NS girls I own.  I also recall reading somewhere that the "petal" designation was due to the iridescence in the skin but they used NS as the base.... hence why I referred to it as NS.  😉 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Subaru
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

The Serra I have is darker in tone than my SWS girls and almost exactly the same as the newer NS girls I own.  I also recall reading somewhere that the "petal" designation was due to the iridescence in the skin but they used NS as the base.... hence why I referred to it as NS.  😉 

Billy

Oh, maybe I'm misremembering or something. Thanks for the clarification. Dx

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Cauldroness
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

Billy

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear your Serra has yellowed that badly?? I didn't know the Icons yellowed like that. Guess we should all keep an eye out for color changes in our girls! How do you store yours? Maybe sunlight is the culprit!

My Serra is a really close match to SWS -- actually, in some light, she's even paler!

For the curious, here's a comparison with two different backgrounds. Left is NS, Middle is Serra/Petal, Right is SWS.

51238318612_4bdb0b637b_w.jpg

51239031506_d89563e871_w.jpg

Edited by Cauldroness
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Lynn

I wonder if there's actually two different coloured batches of Serra out there now? I wasn't aware that vinyl could chance its colour that much in such a short time that Icons have existed. Or maybe that iridecense glow is the cause of it? I sure hope not, because if it is, you can't expose your Icon to the sunlight at all. But that iridecense effect looks best in sunlight, right?

• Like 1

abs2891
51 minutes ago, Lynn said:

I wonder if there's actually two different coloured batches of Serra out there now? I wasn't aware that vinyl could chance its colour that much in such a short time that Icons have existed. Or maybe that iridecense glow is the cause of it? I sure hope not, because if it is, you can't expose your Icon to the sunlight at all. But that iridecense effect looks best in sunlight, right?

Indeed, I’m wondering if it’s a different in the year of release?  Some of the official 2020 promo photos for Serra look warmer than 2019, but others not so much so it could all be lighting/editing…

Cauldroness

Hmm, I don't think it's a difference between release batches. I got a Serra from the very first release (2019), then swapped the head with a Serra from a later release (2020), while keeping the original body (2019). You can not tell that she's put together from different releases; her head and body are clearly the same color.

• Like 2

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

marishade

Just got an email from VolksUSA, theme is "futuristic". Updated outfit set, looks like some updated makeup and a romantic glance Clover!!!

I am glad I got my Lilac last year because I do NOT like the new makeup on her. I am sure a lot of people will though because it is more 'neutral?

I am so excited that they are teasing a romantic glance of Clover. I was going to skip this year and wait until next. . . But with a romantic glance Clover and the new outfits. . . I think I am going to enter the lottery.

I suspect the price increase is because of the outfits

Edited by marishade
grammar

BeyondTime

They are still DDIII, and the joints don’t match the vinyl which wasn’t really unexpected. The outfits are nice, and the makeup really fits the theme nicely IMO. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DaemonNoyz

Aw man, I love the new makeup for Clover and Lilac 😍 I'd trade my 2020 Clover for the 2021 version if I could! ❤

kranberrijam

Once again, I am DYING because I can't get one. 😢 I love each year's more than the previous, but these are DIVINE.

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Maia

I know right these girls are just so gorgeous  Serra and clover are my favs

Masteryoda1978

The new Lilac looks rave ready! I could see her with some glow sticks for sure!!! 

Irulazuli

Oh no they are gorgeous... I would love a Romantic Glance Icon one day, but they do not fit into my budget right now. I hope they are released again next year. Good luck for everyone who will be trying this time!

Miabird24

Iffy on lilacs new makeup, I kinda preferred the dark lips because it was more goth, but I love the rest 

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Even with mismatched joints, these blow the blue SmartDolls out of the water. The face ups are so well done on these dolls, they make Blue Singularity look like a cheap knock off.

Sorry to all the SmartDoll lovers out there, but that’s just how I feel about it. ><

• Like 6

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

And I actually prefer the less intense makeup on Iris...but now they've made Serra more intense and idk how to feel about that.

But the jackets! And the shoes! And more realistic vinyl dolls for my crew!

On the other hand, $800 I really need to be saving for Elsa!

asianed
46 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Even with mismatched joints, these blow the blue SmartDolls out of the water. The face ups are so well done on these dolls, they make Blue Singularity look like a cheap knock off.

Sorry to all the SmartDoll lovers out there, but that’s just how I feel about it. ><

Welcome to the world of Volks resin dolls and artisan faceups on vinyl dolls. :)

Speaking of a doll buying experience, I'd put buying an Icon to be more like getting a resin doll from Volks more than a vinyl (limited or not). When I got my first new resin from Volks, I realized it was a completely different product tier and experience. This even plays out in the product listing page. You don't take delivery of an Icon, you welcome one home! They also come with certificates listing pertinent information, much like the COAs that ship with Volks resin dolls. Packaging-wise, the Icons share more with their DD counterparts (plastic boxes with cardboard separators), but at least the boxes aren't the traditional yellow ones used for most DDs.

Maybe someday they'll do an FCS-like experience with customization and welcoming ceremonies...

• Like 2

baldylox
21 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear your Serra has yellowed that badly?? I didn't know the Icons yellowed like that. Guess we should all keep an eye out for color changes in our girls! How do you store yours? Maybe sunlight is the culprit!

Ummmm.... no.  She hasn't faded or yellowed at all.  She's basically brand new and there are no signs of odd coloration.  

As others have said, there may have been more than one batch of this skin tone made and there may be slight variations of it.  Or maybe the iridescence has caused some of the Serras to look lighter than others.  I'm not sure.  I'm only going off what Volks stated in the past and what I've seen in person.  The Icons are so rare it's hard to see any others in person to compare with.  So yeah....  😉 

Billy

Subaru
13 minutes ago, baldylox said:

Ummmm.... no.  She hasn't faded or yellowed at all.  She's basically brand new and there are no signs of odd coloration.  

As others have said, there may have been more than one batch of this skin tone made and there may be slight variations of it.  Or maybe the iridescence has caused some of the Serras to look lighter than others.  I'm not sure.  I'm only going off what Volks stated in the past and what I've seen in person.  The Icons are so rare it's hard to see any others in person to compare with.  So yeah....  😉 

Billy

Do you happen to have a link where it says that Petal is the same as NS? 
I tried looking but I haven't been able to find it.

When I last saw Petal in person I always thought it was closer to semi-white. But now I'm hearing conflicting answers <_>

If not, could you take a comparison picture with your girls?

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

baldylox
1 minute ago, Subaru said:

Do you happen to have a link where it says that Petal is the same as NS? 
I tried looking but I haven't been able to find it.

When I last saw Petal in person I always thought it was closer to semi-white. But now I'm hearing conflicting answers <_>

If not, could you take a comparison picture with your girls?

It was during the first release of the Icons.  Not sure where exactly it was written but I recall it being in a bunch of info listed about them... like along with what bodies they used and what sized busts etc.

I can try to take some pics this weekend with a NS and a SWS for you.  :) 

Billy

BeyondTime

Looking at Cauldroness’ photos, SWS seems to be the closer match. I can’t recall what skin tone they matched at the LA Dolpa. 

38 minutes ago, asianed said:

Welcome to the world of Volks resin dolls and artisan faceups on vinyl dolls.

Agreed, having three SD myself I know exactly what you mean. Opening those boxes is always a treat. 

Yumeiro

No fantasy ears, hm... I might be safe.
I'm very happy with Serra. But I do love the mismatched joints on "mint skin"/Clover. And now, Lilacs face-up looks great!
....😬

BeyondTime

Serra is really tempting. If she was f3 I’d be sunk for sure.

I'm hoping they sell that outfit separately.