Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

Oculae

Oh, phew! Yeah, I tried it when I got home and my girl's earrings came right out, so I was worried for you. Glad you got them out!

I finally had time to look over the outfit Volks included this year, and wow....I'm so sad that almost all of it seems to be made with pleather. Only the pants and underwear are normal fabric! I have an outfit coming for her anyway, but I'm still really disappointed. I thought for sure that at least the brown part of the costume would be fabric. 😢

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

marishade

I do like those sets. I am not a fan of white normally, but it does male their skin pop.

Edited by marishade

JJRed
1 hour ago, marishade said:

I do like those sets. I am not a fan of white normally, but it does male their skin pop.

normally, that’s how I feel with white outfits. I don’t like it so much. But since I win Clover, I think I look pretty good if I am able to get it hopefully.

Oculae

My favorite color to put Icons in is white! I'm also fond of gold, silver, and holographic, because those seem to go with everything.

20220923_092427.jpg.f9ae3cc869e675659792a0f433881283.jpg

20220923_201357.jpg.32a8188a4bbb5a7025d4c26be8f620ca.jpg

Muse here is going to be wearing white and gold once the rest of her armor comes in! Fantasy colors like the Icon tones or SmD blue are very fun to find clothes for.

• Like 7

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

dollbaby

Hi everyone! I'm new to Dollfie Icon. I'm very interested in Aisha. Was anyone lucky enough to win her this past lottery? I haven't seen any owner pictures of her yet. 

JJRed

Someone got their Halloween costume in the mail today finally.

F968E818-8FE9-40E7-8F77-A5B6EC906D8E.jpeg

• Like 7

Beani

Just so people know, only five (yes five!) of each Icon were available to win at Dolpa last week. Seems they really didn’t send many to Japan… but hopefully the online store lottery will have better odds. 

asianed
2 hours ago, Beani said:

Just so people know, only five (yes five!) of each Icon were available to win at Dolpa last week. Seems they really didn’t send many to Japan… but hopefully the online store lottery will have better odds. 

Honestly that doesn't surprise me. During the US Icon launch, there were 30-40 Icons for the in-person event. Each attendee was limited to enter for one specific doll (not for any doll or a skin tone, but one displayed doll) and all of them went home with people. 

Given that Japan is technically the secondary audience for Icon (unlike Volks's other products), it would make sense for a small number to be available for in-person purchase at DollPa in Japan.

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime

Icon hand sets have been restocked on Volks USA.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Wasabi
On 10/20/2022 at 1:03 AM, dollbaby said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to Dollfie Icon. I'm very interested in Aisha. Was anyone lucky enough to win her this past lottery? I haven't seen any owner pictures of her yet. 

I saw a few on twitter and she is gorgeous!
I'm entering the Japan lottery for her next week.

Spoiler

On 12/20/2022 at 5:25 PM, Beani said:

This makes me super anxious...
Almost debating entering for two of the dolls to increase my chances... but if it goes the other way and I suddenly end up with two...

NewDream

Will GL members be able to participate in tomorrow's, 1/14, lottery? 

asianed
5 minutes ago, NewDream said:

The site says VS/VIP only... So I'm doubting it. 

Wasabi

VS/VIP only, yes.

I'm praying that my VS application is completed in time. I submitted it on January 5th.
I placed another order on January 2nd and that was shipped yesterday. So hopefully the application goes through somewhere next week 🥺

Edited by Wasabi
Emoji wasn't showing up

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, Wasabi said:

VS/VIP only, yes.

I'm praying that my VS application is completed in time. I submitted it on January 5th.
I placed another order on January 2nd and that was shipped yesterday. So hopefully the application goes through somewhere next week 🥺

VS/VIP is only for residents of Japan so unless you have a postal address here it’s unlikely to be approved, unfortunately 😕

• Like 1

Yumeiro
21 hours ago, NewDream said:

Don't think you'll even be able to view the dolls if you log in.

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, Wasabi said:

VS/VIP only, yes.

On their website they say applications submitted by the 19th will be processed in time. 

It's in red under the "please note" section here. 
https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/ext/special/2212_dp48_icon.html

If you don't hear by the 18th I would contact them directly. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
23 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

VS/VIP is only for residents of Japan so unless you have a postal address here it’s unlikely to be approved, unfortunately 😕

This, but I’m also a bit surprised/weirded out that Wasabi was actually able to purchase this membership at all, given that they said they’re in Europe in another thread. It seems like an oversight of Volks to not have region-locked the sales for VS/VIP (it does say in the fine print on the page to buy it that it’s for Japanese residents only, but..), considering the Icon lottery pages are region-blocked. I assume it will get refunded but this can’t be the first time it’s happened. (Edit: Wasabi, I would contact them if it doesnt get approved and is stuck in a weird limbo, but also if it -does- get approved because if it does it will be by error, and you would have lost money from it as I doubt it would let you enter for the Icons with it anyway.)

In case there is confusion, VS/VIP aren’t ‘rank-up’ tiers from GL, GL is the non-Japan-resident version of VS/VIP - non-JP residents aren’t eligible just as JP residents aren’t eligible for GL. So it’s not a membership tier they’re locked behind, but geography. 

You could get a proxy to enter for you, though. 

Edited by Monty

asianed

If the only requirement is to provide a Japanese address, then there are services that provide that (Tenso comes to mind). For a fee, they provide forwarding for mail and packages; especially useful for stores that do not ship overseas. 

Monty
7 hours ago, asianed said:

If the only requirement is to provide a Japanese address, then there are services that provide that (Tenso comes to mind). For a fee, they provide forwarding for mail and packages; especially useful for stores that do not ship overseas. 

Have Volks changed how strict they are with addresses? I seem to remember people trying this in the past and having orders cancelled but that was a while back. I haven’t tried it but I was under the impression I wouldn’t even be able to put my JP friend’s address on my Volks account, unlike sites like amiami where I can have a bunch of addresses to ship to.

While you can change your address by editing your info, you can’t actually change your country without emailing them directly, which would be suspicious if your address coincidentally needed to change to a Japanese one only for the duration of a Japan-only lottery. While I don’t think they’re strict enough to ban your account for it, it’s likely they’d just quietly remove you from the entry pool if they suspected something was up.

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Monty said:

Have Volks changed how strict they are with addresses?

I kind of doubt that. I am pretty sure they VS/VIP locked them because they want them to be Japan only. I'm pretty sure the limited number they had at Dolpa, as well as the fact that we already had a shot in the North America release, adds up to them wanting their Japan customers to have these without a bunch of North Americans taking them in the lottery. 

It's almost like the Japan event is treating the Icons like the D'Coords we get in the rare events that VolksUSA gets them for. If so that would mean the the Icons are being treated as a VolksUSA exclusive item much like the Akibahara or Tenshi-no-Sato exclusives.

I know that still leaves Europeans / everyone else in the cold, and I'm not dismissing that. It would be fairer if there were a VNA (Volks North America) membership that you got through Volks USA that was allowed in the current GL Japan events, and GL was everyone who isn't eligible for VNA/VS/VIP. That way they could lock us out of some Japan based events without locking everyone else who wants these products out. They could do a VS/VIP Icon lottery & a separate GL lottery if they wanted to then. 

• Like 1

Wasabi
On 1/15/2023 at 9:13 AM, Monty said:

This, but I’m also a bit surprised/weirded out that Wasabi was actually able to purchase this membership at all, given that they said they’re in Europe in another thread. It seems like an oversight of Volks to not have region-locked the sales for VS/VIP (it does say in the fine print on the page to buy it that it’s for Japanese residents only, but..), considering the Icon lottery pages are region-blocked. I assume it will get refunded but this can’t be the first time it’s happened. (Edit: Wasabi, I would contact them if it doesnt get approved and is stuck in a weird limbo, but also if it -does- get approved because if it does it will be by error, and you would have lost money from it as I doubt it would let you enter for the Icons with it anyway.)

In case there is confusion, VS/VIP aren’t ‘rank-up’ tiers from GL, GL is the non-Japan-resident version of VS/VIP - non-JP residents aren’t eligible just as JP residents aren’t eligible for GL. So it’s not a membership tier they’re locked behind, but geography. 

You could get a proxy to enter for you, though. 

I have two Volks accounts:

• The GL one, which I use for my usual orders
  • The one I originally made, which is registered to a Japan address.

I revived that second one for this purpose. I have friends living in Japan, so with their permission I used their address. I've even been in contact with Volks to make some account adjustments. (When I originally made account two years ago I didn't enter the furigana for my name, but it turns out that you can't order unless that field is filled out. You can't change that yourself, so I had to ask Volks to adjust it on my behalf. Which they did.). 

My biggest surprise was that it accepted my (very foreign) credit card for the transaction.

And yes, the only reason that I am doing this in such a roundabout way is because I am in Europe and thus get the short end of the stick on all sides. Because Volks NA doesn't ship outside of the USA I don't follow their newsletter and didn't even realise there had already been an NA lottery. I won't use the Japan only account for anything else than this, so I'm essentially gambling away the VS membership costs on a lottery ^-^;;

On 1/14/2023 at 4:53 PM, BeyondTime said:

On their website they say applications submitted by the 19th will be processed in time. 

It's in red under the "please note" section here. 
https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/ext/special/2212_dp48_icon.html

If you don't hear by the 18th I would contact them directly. 

I saw that, but it is still scary to see the clock ticking without getting any news, haha.

I'm also a little bit sceptical about it? Because in my experience their order processing time is usually longer. I was talking about it with a coworker today and they mentioned they might process all of the VS requests on that date. Either way. I placed the order, there is very little to do but wait now (and like you mentioned, maybe shoot them an email if I've hear nothing by the 18th). If nothing else I'll get a few Volks News copies out of it over the course of the next year 😂

Edited by Wasabi
added some clarification on when the Japan account was created
  • Like 3

RetroKanojo

As a fellow European I wish you the best of luck @onion9@

I've seen a couple Icons pop up on YJA lately, but their prices are.. well.. @onion6@

• Like 1

Monty

@Wasabi Keep us updated, I’m interested what happens. Sorry for the assumptions on my part. I didn’t know you did have a JP address attached which is good, but I’m worried about using the same card for both accounts (although I’m not sure if they check for this kind of thing outside of multiple accounts with the same card entering the same lottery).