Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Aliens_Of_Gold

What types of accessories do people want?

finnleo
2 hours ago, Beani said:

Camping gear would also be adorable but the only ones I have found so far are not great quality or wayyy too expensive.  

(shameless plug for some old stuff ...)

If looking for backpacks one could modify some miniature belt accessory one's with straps ..

19368315625_4ce54e7d05_c.jpg

nina030

But at the end of the day with these, you might get what you pay for. This garupa one I think was around the 3500 yen mark .. though I could be totally mistaken too.

42 minutes ago, Poofiemus said:

My first thought was "hats". Just. .. hats.

Edit: oh dude what about a GRAPPLING HOOK

(Shameless plug for some old stuff EP2 ...)

You do know this combination will only lead to certain unavoidable dilemmas:

19531228921_8ded2f5aae_b.jpg

nina043

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

cfx
2 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

My first thought was "hats". Just. .. hats. I'm realizing that DDs look flippin' ADORABLE in hats, but my one attempt at miniature millinery scarred me for life, so buying hats it is.

Yeah hats. I end up buying a lot of the Volks ones because I want hats. There are types I want and can't find too, like military hats.

3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that a DD sized backpack would be as expensive as a real backpack.

Not camping style, and these are so well made I feel like the price is justified: Awesome handbags etc.

The most likely doll company to make camping gear like that would be Smart Doll, and you know it'd be expensive if Danny Choo does it. Maybe he can make a doll-sized version of Mirai Carry, for the same price as the real one lol.

• Haha 1

Beani
8 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that a DD sized backpack would be as expensive as a real backpack.

Probably right but I actually found this bag and bought the whole set for under $20 after points from memory. It’s not super detailed but should give the impression well enough. I actually wanted the blue bag from the set at the time so the camping one was a bonus. https://chappy-net.com/products/detail.php?product_id=11747

For anyone wanting bags this gacha series is still releasing new volumes so you can get a lot of bags for very cheap. And the fit is decent (not spectacular though). I should take a pic at some point.

I’d found camping chairs on Yahoo but hated the fabric on them. The nicest camping gear I’ve seen is in the doujin section at Volks but the price...

@finnleo That bag looks quite good! Much more detailed than what I have. I vaguely remember seeing it around but didn’t think of it for dolls at the time. What mods are needed?

Now Volks is making more bags I’m hoping for an official backpack one day. Specially since they made the camping outfits and boots. 

D149F4F9-858F-413D-9E05-D20CF4FC49C7.jpeg

AE9DFEEA-46E5-4028-9405-5D703D65855D.jpeg

finnleo
9 hours ago, Beani said:

That bag looks quite good! Much more detailed than what I have. I vaguely remember seeing it around but didn’t think of it for dolls at the time. What mods are needed?

Just the straps.

So in short, some pleather, denim, and some wire curtain hangers... maybe a little patience.

9 hours ago, Beani said:

The nicest camping gear I’ve seen is in the doujin section at Volks but the price...

Well, for a change I wanted to butt into this reaction... lets take that 5000 yen foldable grill for example.

What do you get for 5000 yen which is give or take 40 euros in a factory setting? thats, maybe 3-4 hours wages of what the worker gets. last place I worked for the client price for labor was about 45-50 euros per hour without the use of power tools, ~60 euros with tools.

Yes, at first it seems quite a lot for a relatively small piece of .. maybe resin, or even 3D-printed stuff. but i'll wager it took some time to get to that point in terms of design, manufacturing, and detailing.

In short... this is why I don't offer commission works.

Edited by finnleo

seraphicdolls

Jewelry! And perhaps furniture too. Definitely top on my list is jewelry and hair accessories. 😍