The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Panda_Dolliess

Blank Heads **Possibly* Coming in August!!

Panda_Dolliess

Earlier today, Danny posted a photo to Instagram stating his intent to finally sell the heads blank!

Of course Milk will be available first but, tea and cocoa will be rolled out later. Honestly not sure about Cinnamon. 

What do you guys think??

I'm personally excited because it finally give people the options to completely customize their Smartdolls! 

lol the explanation for why the girls are flat faced and cross eyed.

I'm looking forward to this though. Wonder what the prices will be like.

Yami Usagi

Rolling my eyes at that “explanation” 

but heeey! Pretty neat!

also, I wonder if this is because of Cortex becoming more available?

Edited by Yami Usagi

Shailara

I mean we can't be sure what he said isn't true. He does study a lot. But regardless. I would like to see blanks included on the FBG Cortex so that it knocks its price further. Maybe then it would tempt me to try it.

• Like 1

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

hats
10 hours ago, rainglow said:

I'm looking forward to this though. Wonder what the prices will be like.

That's... not what contour bias means... the tendency to favor curved contours vs sharp angles. If that's the case they should be less flat faced. 🤔

That aside, I'd like to get my hands on that new sculpt of the girl with the ponytail if I can get her blank.

• Like 3

Panda_Dolliess
5 hours ago, Shailara said:

I mean we can't be sure what he said isn't true. He does study a lot. But regardless. I would like to see blanks included on the FBG Cortex so that it knocks its price further. Maybe then it would tempt me to try it.

Well people have been asking for blank heads for ages however I think with the introduction of Cortex, people are going to want to completely build and customize their own doll and having blank heads will be great business move. 

• Like 1

Eiko82

I'm excited about the possibilities. Hopefully, the price isn't too much so people can create/customize their own dolls.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Mothiraffe

Thank the lord they're finally here, once they're available in Tea and Cocoa I'm getting bodies I'm getting blanks and I'm throwing some faceup artists my immortal soul and pieces of green paper to make the magic happen. 

(Now we just have to hope vinyl sticks around!)

• Like 2

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

Siara
On 8/9/2019 at 7:11 AM, rainglow said:

I happen to like my girls flat-faces and cross-eyed, just so you know. (^_−)☆

To be honest, I don't feel like Danny should need to justify why the girls look the way they do. You either like it or you don't. I'm sure there are plenty other fish in the sea out there for those who prefer a different aesthetic. It's nice to read what's behind the reasoning behind it though. It was a funny read either way.

On a different note: "YAY! I am praying to everything that is good and holy that they'll release seperate vinyl bodies again in the other skintones. I don't feel like forcing one of my girls to share a body so an option to buy the bodies seperately again would be nice.

Does anyone recognize the sculpts? I'd love to know who is who.

Edited by Siara

Eiko82
On 8/18/2019 at 5:19 PM, Siara said:

Does anyone recognize the sculpts? I'd love to know who is who.

I think that the sculpts are:

Top row form left to right : New Girl, Starlight, Trinity

Bottom row from left to right : Mirai, Haruka, New Girl 2

One of these New Girls is Elf Girl but I don't know which one.

Edited by Eiko82

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Siara

Thank you @Eiko82! ^__^

I'm pining for Tea bodies and blank Tea sculpts so bad. I'm hoping I can contain myself long enough before I buy my girl and just wipe the default face-up. I might even have to end up doing that either way since there's no guarantee the sculpt I want will even be made available, let alone in Tea.

Panda_Dolliess

Another update! Danny has asked the community rather or not to sell the heads with open or closes eye holes. The general consensus on Instagram is Cut while the consesus on Twitter is Un-cut. 

I personally prefer cut. Its much easier to deal with and you don't have to pay a face up artist to mod the eye hole on top of doing the face up. Opinions?

Silent

Edited by AmaFromEU

Uncut could be cool. We might see some winking or sleeping dolls. 

Eiko82

I'm leaning towards 'uncut' simply so that he can keep up with demand for blank heads. Is it really difficult to cut the eye holes?

Panda_Dolliess
1 hour ago, Eiko82 said:

I'm leaning towards 'uncut' simply so that he can keep up with demand for blank heads. Is it really difficult to cut the eye holes?

Well it really depends on your modding skill level. If you're a face-up artist that does mods all the time, I believe cutting eye holes would be fairly easy. Plus you would have all the required tools to do so. 

However, speaking from personal experience, opening eye holes can be time consuming work and it is quite easy to damage the head if you're not careful. I've never cut myself or damaged a head, but I can definitely see some people doing that. You would also have to buy some extra supplies such as metal filing needles. Not a huge investment but unless you go into customizing often, it's going to be a purchase that kind of just sits around. 

Uncut eyes would definitely meet the demand for the heads as a cheaper price however, most people who want the eye holes open just going to have to a) do it themselves or b) incur the cost of cutting themselves through a face up artist. 

maipoxx
7 hours ago, MaKayla_Panda said:

Well it really depends on your modding skill level. If you're a face-up artist that does mods all the time, I believe cutting eye holes would be fairly easy. Plus you would have all the required tools to do so. 

However, speaking from personal experience, opening eye holes can be time consuming work and it is quite easy to damage the head if you're not careful. I've never cut myself or damaged a head, but I can definitely see some people doing that. You would also have to buy some extra supplies such as metal filing needles. Not a huge investment but unless you go into customizing often, it's going to be a purchase that kind of just sits around. 

Uncut eyes would definitely meet the demand for the heads as a cheaper price however, most people who want the eye holes open just going to have to a) do it themselves or b) incur the cost of cutting themselves through a face up artist. 

I wonder how much cheaper exactly. I would gladly pay a bit more for them already cut. My hands shake and I'd be so afraid of ruining the head. Paying a bit more guarantees them cut well, where I could lose all the money by ruining the uncut head.. 

Shailara

Yeah I was also wondering about the price difference. I think it unfair (and a bit sneaky) that Danny hasn't mentioned how much the difference in cost would be - if it's $10-$15, I'd rather buy them already cut. If anything more than that, I would probably prefer to cut the eyes open myself. 

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Daisy-chan
13 hours ago, maipoxx said:

I wonder how much cheaper exactly. I would gladly pay a bit more for them already cut. My hands shake and I'd be so afraid of ruining the head. Paying a bit more guarantees them cut well, where I could lose all the money by ruining the uncut head.. 

I don't think the cost difference between the two would really be that much. Volks USA has their closed eyed heads priced $3 less than their open eyed ones and digging through the Parabox website, their closed and opened price differences seem to range from 200 yen to 500 yen for their 1/3 scale heads.

Eiko82

My guess is that he doesn't have the manpower to keep up with the demand of cut heads. So if the majority of his customers want cut heads, he'll have to hire more staff which would increase his costs.

Siara

So...it's Oktober now. Still no news regarding blank heads?

Lynn

Danny said on Instagram that blank heads might be coming out this month! He wants to take good enough pictures about them before he releases them, so he waits weather to clear up. That .... perfectionist! I DO respect that part of him, but it is also so very frustrating. Release them allready!

NeeP

This is nice news.  I hope whichever head is released, would work as a nice boy...  I almost have enough parts for another boy body.  

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Mothiraffe

I am living for the day that we get a cocoa vinyl body for sale and blank heads to go with the rest of them. On that day my wallet will die, but I shall finally LIVE +_+

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe