Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Eiko82

Semi-realistic sculpt

Eiko82

I'm gonna be honest : I think that she looks absolutely gorgeous. Her mouth and nose kinda remind me of Kurenai. 

It'll be interesting to see her side-by-side with the more anime-ish look of the other Smart Dolls and of course, see what she looks like in tea or cocoa. Definitely keeping an eye out for this girl.

• Like 2

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

baldylox

I didn't think I would but I do indeed like how she looks.  I'm not normally for the resin styled "realistic" looks on my vinyl girls but this girl reminds me more of Alna than anyone else.  And I really like Alna.  😉  I look forward to seeing her from different angles and with better closeups.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

moerunamida

She does look like she would be a decent substitute for Kurenai since that sculpt is hot commodity. While she is pretty, the realistic looking doll is not my taste. I fell in love with the anime look of Smart Dolls, and this just feels off to me. Her face reminds me of one of those expensive 'adult' dolls for some reason. It still is nice to see a variety and I will definitely enjoy owner photos later <3

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

deinosor

I think she's very pretty. I'd really like to see how well she fits in with other dolls though - how she looks next to the anime girls, and how she looks next to something even more realistic like a Vindoll. I'm not sure she'd look 100% right with either, but I could be wrong. Really looking forward to owner pics.

Pronouns: she/her

BeyondTime

She's not bad, this face style is probably a good fit for the superhero lines. I'd expect anything Marvel or DC to have realistic faces as opposed to anime style faces. It might work well for western doll collectors that aren't into anime.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

solebria

She is very pretty! However, I'll be honest and say that she is far from looking semi-realistic. She still has a very stylized face with the anime eyes and the simplified nose ...everything is just less exaggerated than the usual anime vinyl face.

Pihlajakoto

I kinda like her even though she could use more realism on her mouth sculpt, like having more than a straight line sculpt as mouth... I like Alna and Kosmos and I think this girl fits with them. I'd get this girl in tan or fantasy colour (but not with that faceup 😅 too much pink/red. She looks like she cried..)

My blog Pihlajakoto

Mothiraffe

I'm a fan of anime style at heart, and honestly I'd love to get a blend of this and the traditional SmD style... the traditional eyes, maybe a bit smaller, with more of a nose and an actual mouth shape. Best of both worlds!

That said, I'm surprised but I like this girl! I hope to see her in different skintones soon!

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

Jezrah

I agree, I think she's pretty,  and reminiscent of Alna or KosMos. Since I have a KosMos I may be biased but I don't think she'd have a hard time fitting in with the more stylized dolls.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Moon-to-Starlight

She is very, very pretty but definitely not to my tastes. I very much prefer anime looking dolls and my 'want list' is so long that I don't think she would be one I would purchase.

I liked the blurry picture of her more...her eyes look pretty far apart. Maybe it’s just the angle. 

It’s funny how she’s considered so realistic by people used to anime dolls. I don’t think she’ll have a hard time fitting in because she’s similar to Rise and Volks’ “realistic” dolls- realistic compared to moe but not quite standard bjd level. She doesn’t even have definition in her nose. 😉

BottleStar
21 hours ago, rainglow said:

Her eyes look pretty far apart. Maybe it’s just the angle.

^ Yeah. I'm waiting for a front view photo for this exact reason.

Other than that, I think she's a step in the right direction.

Eiko82
On 8/16/2019 at 6:01 PM, rainglow said:

I don’t think she’ll have a hard time fitting in because she’s similar to Rise and Volks’ “realistic” dolls- realistic compared to moe but not quite standard bjd level. She doesn’t even have definition in her nose. 😉

Ooooh, you just gave me an idea she could be my Rise's girlfriend @onion20@

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Siara

She's looking really good! I deviated to vinyl for their anime sculpts so I'm not sure if I'd get a 'regular' sculpt. I think I'll stick to my resin family for that for now. Unless of course a realistic sculpt gets released that just screams my name~

Eiko82

https://mobile.twitter.com/ratpt01foxhound/status/1166262109090435072

There is a photo of the semi-real sculpt next to one of anime Smart Dolls. I have to admit that she looks a bit out of place.

Nonetheless, I can't deny that I love her and can't wait to see her in tea. Danny said on Twitter that she will get a tea and cocoa version.

aurelia

The "anime" look of the Smart Dolls is what attracted me to them in the first place, but I'm really liking the look of Genesis.

Moon-to-Starlight
11 hours ago, aurelia said:

The "anime" look of the Smart Dolls is what attracted me to them in the first place, but I'm really liking the look of Genesis.

Same here. Do I think she is going to be one I get? Probably not, but she is very beautiful and I do like her a lot more than the first one.

Eiko82

I'm not a fan of Genesis but she seems to be so popular that Danny has even changed Entropy (the first semi-real girl) to the same sculpt as Genesis. It saddens me because I really liked Entrophy's first look. Her sweet smile was what attracted me to her and now that's gone @onion31@

Edited by Eiko82
  • Like 2

Jezrah

I got the impression from his post that Entropy still has the same face that she used to, but that they took her features and put them on Genesis's head shape. Plus he also changed the faceup so that it would work better with mask painting. So it's the hand painted faceup that you prefer.

Tira

Honestly, the original Entropy is so cross-eyed in that picture that it's the only thing I can notice about her. 

• Like 1

cfx
55 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

I got the impression from his post that Entropy still has the same face that she used to, but that they took her features and put them on Genesis's head shape.

His wording is confusing as heck, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

The last photo is Entropy and Genesis side by side.

In the third/last pic of the sequence, they look like identical sculpts with different faceups. At the very least the mouths look identical; I'm not certain about the eye shape.

But this, in reference to the second pic:

Have a look at the comparison photo - do you like the new Entropy on the right or the previous one on the left?

Uh, does he know right from left? The earlier prototype is on the right, right?

I'm with @Eiko82 here--I think that the abandoned one was much more interesting and pretty than this new version. The faceup that he can't replicate may be part of it, but there's more to it than that. He also changed the faceup a lot more than just that; the eyebrows are much darker now and went with a lot fuller lips.

Honestly, he shouldn't have shown off a hand-painted faceup that used techniques that he should know can't be done with masks. He obviously likes showing off everything and sharing it but sometimes maybe that's not the best choice because it just leads to disappointment.

In terms of overall look I think she went from looking happy to looking like she is about to cry. :(

Edit: Rereading this part:

We took Entropy’s face from her original mold and put it on the Genesis mold

I don't think he's saying he modified the Genesis mold to have features from the original Entropy; I think he's just saying he put the (simplified) Entropy faceup on the exact same mold as Genesis. Given how he never likes admitting to various dolls using the same head mold I think he worded this intentionally to be confusing. They certainly look like exactly the same mold to me in that third picture.

Edited by cfx

Jezrah
54 minutes ago, cfx said:

Edit: Rereading this part:

I don't think he's saying he modified the Genesis mold to have features from the original Entropy; I think he's just saying he put the (simplified) Entropy faceup on the exact same mold as Genesis. Given how he never likes admitting to various dolls using the same head mold I think he worded this intentionally to be confusing. They certainly look like exactly the same mold to me in that third picture.

I agree that they look the same now, but with different faceups. It would be really hard to tell exactly what was done for sure though, since they honestly looked pretty similar to begin with. If their jawline and ear placement match up anyway, there would only maybe be slight differences in the eyes and mouth, both of which can look different with different faceups. 

Much like Mirai and her sister, who look like the same sculpt but allegedly aren't. 

Riesz

Hmm, they are both pretty. I really liked them at first glance but the more I look at their faces, the more off they look to me... It's hard to pinpoint the issue, maybe that the eyes seem too far apart? I dunno. I like their noses and mouths, however. 

• Like 1