Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sord

I recently bought a Beagle...

Sord

...Ryomou Shimei. That's right. A Ryomou Shimei BJD that was made around 2009 by a company named "Beagle". Also, it appears that they teamed up with AZONE to help in creating her. Although she had painted on eyes, she looked good to me in the photos, but when I received her, I noticed right away that she looks creepy IRL. :lol: I can say for a fact now that I'm not a fan of flat, painted on eyes when it comes to dolls. It's a shame, but at least I can make use of her outfit, wig, and accessories for use on my other girls.

BTW, if anyone else has her, do you have any tips on an easier way to tie the black ribbon that's attached to her white collar? Because it's so small and short, It was very frustrating for me to get it tied and when I did finally do it, it didn't look so good.

DSCN1363.JPG.cf720cdcf9094475ff4d08ee9c7e3baf.JPG

cfx

I found a product page on the Azone site here: https://www.azone-int.co.jp/?sid=cct203&jcd=4571275070471

From that, I believe Azone was just the distributor. She's on a (standard?) Obitsu 60cm body according to that page.

I also found a Beagle ARIA doll, here at Mandarake:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1072734350&categoryCode=020114&lang=en

I don't know if there were others; that's all I found.

Painted-on eyes generally probably don't look as good, but here I think it's the particular style of them that is creating the creepiness.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

Sord
23 hours ago, cfx said:

I found a product page on the Azone site here: https://www.azone-int.co.jp/?sid=cct203&jcd=4571275070471

From that, I believe Azone was just the distributor. She's on a (standard?) Obitsu 60cm body according to that page.

I also found a Beagle ARIA doll, here at Mandarake:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1072734350&categoryCode=020114&lang=en

I don't know if there were others; that's all I found.

Painted-on eyes generally probably don't look as good, but here I think it's the particular style of them that is creating the creepiness.

Ah, good extra info. Hmm... so that's what an Obitsu body looks like! I have to admit that it's my first time checking it out. When comparing it to my Volks DD's, I definitely prefer the Volks body over the Obitsu.

The ARIA doll looks alright with the wig and clothing on, but, I can feel the creepiness when I see the photo of her without the wig. :-ss

cfx
11 minutes ago, Sord said:

The ARIA doll looks alright with the wig and clothing on, but, I can feel the creepiness when I see the photo of her without the wig. :-ss

Yeah I thought the same thing.

I didn't find that one on the Azone website; I guess these are old enough the info isn't still there, and you probably noticed the picture is missing on the Ryomou page.

• Like 1

Sord
6 minutes ago, cfx said:

Yeah I thought the same thing.

I didn't find that one on the Azone website; I guess these are old enough the info isn't still there, and you probably noticed the picture is missing on the Ryomou page.

Yup, so old that the info just disappears. :eek: When it comes to the Internet, a decade might as well be like 100 years IRL. :lol: