Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cfx

September 2019 New Outfit Collection

cfx

Because of this being available for preorder at LA Dolpa, Volks USA is showing this collection already. I don't think there's a Volks Japan page up yet.

https://volksusa.com/event/2019dolpala/shop_sumika.php

I think the Ash Rose school outfits are rereleases? I know some of the shoes are.

I might want the Spica Alchemist / Lady outfit and the hat. That hat looks like the one that came with one of the Gear outfits except without the feathers.

And oh how I wish that SDGrB tuxedo Lady Oscar is wearing was in a size that fit DDs.  @onion2@

Edited by cfx

Singer Yuna

Oooh, that Alchemist designers collection is super lovely! If I hadn’t to pay 2B I would pick two of the three ^^

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Beani

That Lady Alchemist set is stunning but I don’t think it would suit my girls. ;_;

I think there use to be a pair of those brown boots in the house and they somehow got misplaced. May be time to finally replace them. 

Other than that I think I’m safe this time. Which is a relief. 

Gabriel

I think I want the Alchemist Lady set.

I see potential in the Tabby Cat Skirt Sets.  That neck bow has to go.  Other than that, the skirt and blouse look fine.  

Ash Rose High School Uniform looks nice.  But I skipped on this one before.  All these Ash Rose sets are rereleases from a couple of years ago.

The Glen Check Dress Sets look... odd... somehow.  The fabric looks too thick, especially on the Long Dress Set.  I have an outfit set like these from last year that I still haven't opened.  So, easy skip for me.

Nearly all the shoes are re-releases.  I might have a false recollection of seeing SB-SD-240 somewhere, but the model number seems to indicate it's new.

The SD16G-052 might be a brown recolor of something previously released in black.

cfx
On 9/5/2019 at 9:07 AM, Gabriel said:

The Glen Check Dress Sets look... odd... somehow.  The fabric looks too thick, especially on the Long Dress Set.  I have an outfit set like these from last year that I still haven't opened.  So, easy skip for me.

It's puzzling. The long dress one definitely looks thick, because the DD girl almost looks chubby with it on. OTOH, you can tell on the skirt on the other one that that one is obviously not thick.

Shoe reference from voting which doesn't show every shoe Volks has ever made, so it's possible I'm lying below:

I might have a false recollection of seeing SB-SD-240 somewhere, but the model number seems to indicate it's new.

It's almost identical to SB-SD-193 with the main difference being the added fringe thing. More recently there was also an MDD shoe very similar to this.

The SD16G-052 might be a brown recolor of something previously released in black.

It's quite similar to the black SB-SD16G-056, which I remembered because I own them. These brown ones have more of a wingtip style.

Assuming the overall pattern they're made from is about the same, I will recommend these as a really nice fit on DD.

I also have SB-SD-152 which look somewhat similar but aren't the SD16 high-heel style. The SD16 ones fit pretty closely on the DD legs like a boot should; while the SB-SD-152 has a huge gap around it where it really only looks good if you have pants to tuck into them. I'm probably extra picky about this as the fit of the tall boots like SB-SD16G-072 bothers me as well, though those look better than the short ones.

There are so many shoe styles Volks has never made, it's a little disappointing to see them make these really minor variations on existing shoes. OTOH the old ones are hard to find and expensive.

Edit: SB-SD16G-052 is a rerelease; I don't know why I didn't see it before. More babble about this below.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

Monty

There’s still the October collection which will be in Volks News on Monday! I kinda hope there’s nothing I want in that cos I don’t really want to have two shipments, but at the same time I hope there’s more shoes.

I agree the DD dresses look off somehow.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

cfx

Volks put up the table of contents list for Volks News 85 here: https://www.volks.co.jp/news/20190904.html

As I read that, there should be three events, the September outfit collection, October outfit collection, and DD Gathering 2019. Looking back the past several years, DD Gathering seems to always occur simultaneously with the October outfit release, but is DD-specific, with Tenshi no Koromo, accessories, and character specific outfits like for Miku or iM@S.

So anyway this Volks News has the potential for a large variety of things.

BeyondTime
14 hours ago, cfx said:

And oh how I wish that SDGrB tuxedo Lady Oscar is wearing was in a size that fit DDs.  @onion2@

Yeah that just happens to be my favorite style of Tux, and it looks perfect on Oscar.

It's all Johann Strauss' fault.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

As I was first scrolling down the page, I just saw SDGr and got excited for a second thinking "It's SDGr, it should fit DDs!" then I realized it was on Oscar meaning it likely wouldn't, and then I realized it was actually SDGrB and the sadness set in.

I just want a tailcoat even. Tux styles are such that the jacket and pants do not have to match, so I have pants I could use.

You should absolutely get this for your Oscar.

cfx

The page for this is up...I wasn't sure whether to put it here or the Volks News thread:

https://www.volks.co.jp/dress/1909/en/

There's quite a bit more than what was on the LA Dolpa page, especially single items and accessories.

As I said earlier, I like the Spica Alchemist / Lady set, but I also see a lot of worries for staining with that one, so I don't know if I'll get it.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:49 AM, Singer Yuna said:

Oooh, that Alchemist designers collection is super lovely! If I hadn’t to pay 2B I would pick two of the three ^^

I knew you'd like these, as they fit in with the other steampunk-ish outfits. :classic_smile:

Beani

Omg I simply must have that Devil Hoodie for Ram! It’s absolutely adorable!

kalisha

Oh the little devil hood its so cool, and the lilac and yellow skirts, i hope i can bought them.

Zaliayn

The Spica dresses are quite nice - I think if they were using a different colour rather than the blue then I'd probably think about getting them. Volks' steampunk outfits are always pretty tempting imo.

The devil hoodie is rather cute, and I love the frilly Pom Pom skirts!

Edited by Zaliayn

cfx

They made a little error again with the wrong brown socks listed, heh.

I was looking at both that and the collection page I linked earlier: https://www.volks.co.jp/dress/1909/en/

Looking back at some other pages I noticed a few things. Indeed the White Rose Colleciton Ash Rose outfits and accessories are rereleases from 09/2017 so I am surprised they're not listed as a The Best thing. I don't know if they'd put that title on shoes anyway, but checking these it appears they're all new part numbers because they've had some slight changes. Using the voting pages as reference, SB-MSD-187 matches SB-MSD-170, SB-SD-239 matches SB-SD-210 and SB-SD16G-083 matches SB-SD16G-075, except all changed from glossy patent leather to a less shiny type.

The boots are all rereleases, including SB-SD16G-052 which I stated otherwise about, above. I added an edit up there to avoid confusion.

To add to the recolors, last month's black SB-SD-235 is a new release, but appears to be a black version of this month's rerelease of the brown SB-SD-161.

BeyondTime

White Rose stuff may be a back to school thing. Of course that's assuming September is back to school in Japan. I don't really know their academic calendar. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
12 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

White Rose stuff may be a back to school thing. Of course that's assuming September is back to school in Japan. I don't really know their academic calendar. 

April is when a new school year starts Japan as well as the new job year/new job starting season which is why we got those suits earlier (the 'fresh' is supposed to mean a brand new worker) Here it's January. which seems the most sensibile to me because it's the beginning of the actual year too...  However September/October is typically when schools change to winter versions of the uniforms, hence these ones. I've never really understood the popularity of the White Rose uniforms to begin with because they always seemed kinda basic to me.

BeyondTime

And now I know. 😀

Here summer break and spring break are about planting & harvesting. Basically, back in the olden days you let the kids stay home to help with the farm work.

I tend to like the White Rose outfits a lot, but I don't need more school uniforms, except maybe one for DDP.

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx

I don't find those that interesting either, but I suppose I like "anime" schoolgirl outfits more, not that I've bought any of those either.

I still find it a bit puzzling Volks didn't tag these as a Best rerelease. While the dresses last month were tagged as a White Rose Best rerelease, Volks hasn't confined themselves to one per clothing line as they've had more than one in Designers Collection at least that I remember.

BeyondTime
47 minutes ago, cfx said:

I don't find those that interesting either, but I suppose I like "anime" schoolgirl outfits more, not that I've bought any of those either.

I still find it a bit puzzling Volks didn't tag these as a Best rerelease. While the dresses last month were tagged as a White Rose Best rerelease, Volks hasn't confined themselves to one per clothing line as they've had more than one in Designers Collection at least that I remember.

I'm guessing this is just a standard White Rose uniform release.

cfx
7 hours ago, Monty said:

April is when a new school year starts Japan as well as the new job year/new job starting season which is why we got those suits earlier (the 'fresh' is supposed to mean a brand new worker)

Aha! I didn't know that, I assumed 'fresh' was a comment about the styling, or that your DD is being 'fresh' by wearing such a short skirt. Or something. :lol:

5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I'm guessing this is just a standard White Rose uniform release.

Yeah, I guess they're just being rereleased now and it has nothing to do with the polls. I really haven't paid attention to the point of noticing if there's been a Best clothing rerelease in each event this year. Mostly I believe they have, with this one being an exception. Well, the rereleased and slightly modified shoes might be as well as I kind of wonder if they would even label any shoes as such, since they rerelease those quite a bit anyway.

cfx

I meant to post earlier; this clickwar has now started.

I decided not to order anything this time, but the website does seem to be working a lot better than last month.

foo
11 minutes ago, cfx said:

I decided not to order anything this time, but the website does seem to be working a lot better than last month.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CHECK OUT FOR THE LAST 30 MINUTES YOU INSENSITIVE CLOD 

(╯°°)╯︵

• Haha 2

cfx

As soon as I wrote that I tried to go to another item page and got some variant of that busy message like last time. So yeah it's still a mess; I was fooled by it acting decent for a moment when I first tried.

I got off the site since I'm not ordering so I'm not adding to the traffic.

• Like 1