Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

yukiri

Finally Registered!

yukiri

So I've been lurking for a few months since I got my first doll in February, but I finally got around to registering. I've been on DOA for a few months and use the same username there.

I just purchased my second DD doll a week ago at Doll Point Akihabara, and he (yes, he!) is my first Dream Choice purchase! My first doll was a DDS Karin I purchased at the Volks Kobe store during my previous visit. I've had a lot of fun customizing my dolls and learning more about the hobby in general over the past few months. 

I'm here in Japan for a few more days before I return home to LA, but thought I would finally take a moment to say hello!

• Like 1

BottleStar

Welcome aboard! It's great to have you-

HE? HEEEEEEE? HHHHEEEEEEEEEE!!!! YOU ORDERED A HE AT DOLL POINT- HOW. DID. IT. GO? WHICH HEAD DID YOU CHOOSE? WHAT COLOR IS HE? DON'T LEAVE OUT ANY DETAILS!

yukiri

Haha! Yeah, I didn't even realize they had the boy models until I got there and saw the sign. I've obviously been out of the loop. It wasn't too busy there so thankfully I was able to just walk in without an appointment for the service. The staff were so incredibly nice and the experience was a lot of fun.

I got the DDB model (rather than the DDSB) in the normal flesh color (figured it would be easier to work with later) with the DC-H-16-M01 head. That particular head got my attention immediately when I got to the counter since it definitely looks a little more boyish/mature than the others. It's definitely my favorite DD head so far.

I also got the T-type eyes in blue and jet black (shikkoku). For the wig I got the DDC exclusive Heroic short style in the exclusive grey purple color. I nearly got the ponytail style in red as well (it's such a pretty deep red), but decided to spend the money on more clothes instead. ^_^

As for the clothes, I ended up buying both the white overall set and the deep blue jacket set (it was the last one in the right size!) along with matching shoes.

I'm really, really happy with him and can't wait to take some photos of him with my other doll. I don't have any photos of him in the deep blue jacket set yet, but here are some of him in parts of the overall set and some other clothes I picked up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvz1z98phiv1ho3/20190906_184900.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01gnygjkggvei8h/20190905_173924.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jl38t2jsd9l0709/20190905_173940.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3llrlzjdyai4o6/20190906_184417.jpg?dl=0

• Like 2

Esme1971

He's adorable. I hope to go to Japan in two years time. It's a bit of a trek from the UK. My sister is going next May. I really want to visit all the doll shops. How long were you there for?

yukiri

I was in Japan for two weeks. I only spent a few days in Tokyo, then spent the rest of my time in Kobe with a few visits to Kyoto, Osaka, and surrounding areas.

The things that was really surprising to me was how different the selection was from location to location. The Akihabara store had the Dream Choice and just about every option part they have available (ALL of the heads, hands, eyes, wigs, etc), but a more limited selection of clothes. Osaka probably had the largest selection of clothes, but surprisingly Kobe wasn't far behind. Kobe actually had a few clothing sets I couldn't find at the other shops and a few other brands I didn't see at the other shops either. Kobe was the only store that doesn't offer duty free shopping though. ;_;

Other than the actual Volks store in Akihabara the Dolks just down the escalator had a huge doll selection on display that was amazing to see. They were also one of the only shops that allowed photos! Unfortunately that location had a pretty limited selection of anything other than fullset dolls. Also in that building Dollyteria had a decent selection of used clothes.

I also checked out the stores in Nakano while I was in Tokyo, but the selection was more limited than I expected. Mandarake had one of the larger selections of used dolls, but not a ton of other items at that location.

The Dolks in Osaka actually had the largest clothing, wig, and accessory selection of all of the stores I went to - by quite a bit! They had more wigs than even the Volks stores and lots of incredible full sets for clothes. I ended up purchasing a few things there, including a cute Angell Studio t-shirt that fits my new boy perfectly.

I didn't go to any of the shops in Kyoto since I actually packed quite a bit into my trip aside from shopping and Kyoto was too hot to stay in for long. >_<"

DML
On 9/18/2019 at 2:46 AM, yukiri said:

I was in Japan for two weeks. I only spent a few days in Tokyo, then spent the rest of my time in Kobe with a few visits to Kyoto, Osaka, and surrounding areas.

The things that was really surprising to me was how different the selection was from location to location. The Akihabara store had the Dream Choice and just about every option part they have available (ALL of the heads, hands, eyes, wigs, etc), but a more limited selection of clothes. Osaka probably had the largest selection of clothes, but surprisingly Kobe wasn't far behind. Kobe actually had a few clothing sets I couldn't find at the other shops and a few other brands I didn't see at the other shops either. Kobe was the only store that doesn't offer duty free shopping though. ;_;

Other than the actual Volks store in Akihabara the Dolks just down the escalator had a huge doll selection on display that was amazing to see. They were also one of the only shops that allowed photos! Unfortunately that location had a pretty limited selection of anything other than fullset dolls. Also in that building Dollyteria had a decent selection of used clothes.

I also checked out the stores in Nakano while I was in Tokyo, but the selection was more limited than I expected. Mandarake had one of the larger selections of used dolls, but not a ton of other items at that location.

The Dolks in Osaka actually had the largest clothing, wig, and accessory selection of all of the stores I went to - by quite a bit! They had more wigs than even the Volks stores and lots of incredible full sets for clothes. I ended up purchasing a few things there, including a cute Angell Studio t-shirt that fits my new boy perfectly.

I didn't go to any of the shops in Kyoto since I actually packed quite a bit into my trip aside from shopping and Kyoto was too hot to stay in for long. >_<"

I was in Kyoto few months ago and took a bullet train to Tokyo station then changed trains to Akihabara. As soon as I got out of the station the heat hit me.  it was just coming up to 9am. I found the heat more unbearable in Tokyo than Kyoto.

I bought my DDS Mayu from Akihabara Doll Point. But I would like to Visit the other shops next time I'm there.

yukiri
On 9/24/2019 at 8:23 AM, Meow said:

I was in Kyoto few months ago and took a bullet train to Tokyo station then changed trains to Akihabara. As soon as I got out of the station the heat hit me.  it was just coming up to 9am. I found the heat more unbearable in Tokyo than Kyoto.

I bought my DDS Mayu from Akihabara Doll Point. But I would like to Visit the other shops next time I'm there.

You definitely should! Most of the shops in Tokyo that I enjoyed were in Akihabara and in the same building as Doll Point. A few shops in Osaka were definitely worth the trip too and are a lot easier to get to from Kyoto than Tokyo. I think it's not much more than $10 round trip and about 1hr each way.

There are days when Tokyo can be hotter, but I think on average you wouldn't find that to be the case. It's too bad it was when you went. Bleh. That's why I wish it was easier for me to visit during a season other than summer!

• Like 1