Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
kawaiimimilop

Hi from North Carolina!

kawaiimimilop

Hello everyone! I’ve been a lurker for a few years but finally got up the courage to post! 

My name is Chloe and I live in North Carolina! I’d love to make some local doll friends so say hi if you’re from around here! ^_^ I had admired Dollfie Dreams for a long time after first seeing them on Tumblr. I’ve only collected vinyl dolls my whole life (mostly AG dolls, but more recently Momoko and Azones) so with the beautiful craftsmanship and the material I was more familiar with it was love at first sight.

I looked at them online for years and dreamed about getting one but was nervous to take the plunge, until last year I went to our local con Animazement and a dealer was selling the Hatsune Miku Dollfie Dream! I never imagined in my wildest dreams my most desired doll would show up at a con, so I knew I had to get her on the spot. She’s a perfect fit in my husband and I’s family and I’m so happy I found her! But of course buying one makes you want to get more... 

spacer.png

(Here’s a picture of Miku in her unicorn chair lol)

Other than dolls I love watching anime, reading manga, playing video games, collecting anime merchandise (like figures and dolls... ;P) and solving Picross puzzles. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you! :3

• Like 2

c4tbus

oh woah! i live in north carolina too! 

i can’t believe you found miku at animazement! that is so cool !!! 🤯

i don’t know many doll people around here but i have been trying to find more and have a little meetup! 

welcome to the forum!

cfx

Welcome Chloe! I think Dollfie Dream Miku is the gateway drug doll for a lot of people.

Riesz

Welcome to the forum!  Your Miku is so adorable... I love how you've styled her 🥰

kawaiimimilop
18 hours ago, c4tbus said:

oh woah! i live in north carolina too! 

i can’t believe you found miku at animazement! that is so cool !!! 🤯

i don’t know many doll people around here but i have been trying to find more and have a little meetup! 

welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the warm welcome! 😄 That’s so awesome that you live here too! If you ever decide to have a doll meet I’d be happy to come ^_^ it sounds like it would be a lot of fun!

13 hours ago, cfx said:

Welcome Chloe! I think Dollfie Dream Miku is the gateway drug doll for a lot of people.

Thank you! :3 and yes definitely lol, seeing all the lovely Mikus on here definitely made me want her a lot more!

6 hours ago, Riesz said:

Welcome to the forum!  Your Miku is so adorable... I love how you've styled her 🥰

Thank you for the sweet comment!! I think I remember seeing your photos on MFC of some of your Azones - you style everything in such a pretty way! I especially love the Mariko in your avatar. She’s gorgeous!!

• Like 1

baldylox

Welcome aboard!  There's actually a few doll people up in NC.... mainly in Charlotte but a couple in Raleigh as well.  They have meets on occasion but most often come down to my area in Charleston SC for doll meets.  If you're interested in coming to a meet with us then let me know and I'll clue you in on our next one!

That's great you got yourself a Miku at Animazement!  I've been there a few times now as have my Charlotte buddies and we've brought dolls with us every time.  I'm pretty sure we'll all be there next year too.

And you are correct, once you buy one, you're going to buy another.  And another.  And another.  😄  Like you, I've only ever collected vinyl dolls and I've got martdolls, Azones, Obitsus and mostly DD's.  There's tons of lovelies out there so take your time and grow the family!

Good to have you here!  Feel free to ask any questions here on the board or you can PM me.

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

battrastard

Have to agree with Billy there! 

Once you get one, the collecting/adopting will never stop! 

I’m at four now, and with my new job paying better, I’m sure there’s gonna be a few more showing up in the future! 

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

kawaiimimilop
On 9/24/2019 at 6:56 PM, baldylox said:

Welcome aboard!  There's actually a few doll people up in NC.... mainly in Charlotte but a couple in Raleigh as well.  They have meets on occasion but most often come down to my area in Charleston SC for doll meets.  If you're interested in coming to a meet with us then let me know and I'll clue you in on our next one!

That's great you got yourself a Miku at Animazement!  I've been there a few times now as have my Charlotte buddies and we've brought dolls with us every time.  I'm pretty sure we'll all be there next year too.

And you are correct, once you buy one, you're going to buy another.  And another.  And another.  😄  Like you, I've only ever collected vinyl dolls and I've got martdolls, Azones, Obitsus and mostly DD's.  There's tons of lovelies out there so take your time and grow the family!

Good to have you here!  Feel free to ask any questions here on the board or you can PM me.

Billy

Thank you so much Billy!! It’s great to know that there are more NC folks around than I thought (and SC folks too 😉 ). I’d love to come to a meet the next time you have one! I haven’t visited much of SC for living in the state next to it so it’ll be a good chance to explore too. :) 

It would also be awesome to see some fellow doll folks at AZ! I’ll plan to bring Miku next time and keep an eye out ^_^

On 9/24/2019 at 9:33 PM, battrastard said:

Have to agree with Billy there! 

Once you get one, the collecting/adopting will never stop! 

I’m at four now, and with my new job paying better, I’m sure there’s gonna be a few more showing up in the future! 

Oh I can totally feel you about money starting to burn a hole in your pocket as you get better pay! :lol: I already have my eye on a new addition or two hehe 😜 

• Like 1

asianed

Several of us are usually at Animazement each year! I'm typically in the Artist Alley helping out a friend and we put our dolls to work displaying the merchandise. Look for us next time, we're hard to miss between the dolls, traps, cute plushies, traps, keychains, and traps! 😄

• Like 1