Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Galvatim

Ai-chan's Floofy, Fluffy Foxy Upgrade

Galvatim

@Cauldroness told me that Doll Heart is selling fox ear/tail sets now, so Ai-chan (Aoi second version) got an upgrade.

48788465103_ee636af196_c.jpg

48788826266_9df00c984c_c.jpg

48788970582_54e332286f_c.jpg

Big fluffy tail!  The ears and tail have magnets to attach, although the tail is so big and fluffy, the magnet can't hold it on through the vinyl.  I'm not sure how I'll go about attaching it.  

48804950442_6fd3948a31_c.jpg

I bought this cute top and skirt too.  

48804457598_77a773743a_c.jpg

• Like 3

Siara

The fluff is fluffy ♡ she looks right in her element with these accessories. Not sure how to work around the tail issue. Perhaps stronger magnets or working with an elastic waist band?

• Like 2

Starwaia

So fluffy! What a cute fox lady with such a pretty face. No judgment here, but do you know if the fur is real or fake? I definitely like the look of it but idk if I (personally) would feel uncomfortable buying my own if it were real fur. Otherwise, I may have to look into getting some for one or more of my own dolls. Seriously though, she looks adorable. 

• Like 1

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Galvatim

@Starwaia I'm pretty sure it's fake fur.  The box has no indication, however.  

48862387661_f81625ec80_c.jpg

Ai in Homura cosplay.  

48865877262_822f72f75f_c.jpg

48865159923_db4b9b855c_c.jpg

Aoi and Ai.  

Edited by Galvatim
  • Like 4

cfx

Haha, that last pic of two grumpy girls together, ready for Halloween. :classic_smile:

You should let Levy get in on that action.

Galvatim

@cfx Haha, I'll try to remember to take some photos of the grumps all together tomorrow.  

Aoi wishes everyday was Halloween.  

• Like 1

Galvatim

48871476531_e572014264_c.jpg

The Galvy Grumps.  

48870948848_2ac0198db1_c.jpg

48871753422_aa798ab7fd_c.jpg

• Like 2

Galvatim

Ai-chan is locked and loaded

48926735052_1050812def_c.jpg

P-90

48926540016_ff7b07c8f6_c.jpg

48926006418_bbace748dc_c.jpg

MAC-10

I bought these from DollnouveauStore on Etsy.  One of the front sights pieces on the MAC-10 came snapped off, but it shouldn't be much trouble to glue together.  

48921823883_909931ed72_c.jpg

The P-90 has this nice hardshell case, too.  

• Like 5

cfx

Those are 3D-printed and painted right? I've wondered about their quality; they look pretty good in your pictures.

I'm trying to build a DD gun collection.

@onion36@

I think ordering via Etsy is easier, but they also have their own store site at https://dollnouveau.com/store/ and it looks like they have a few items there not on the Etsy store.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

Galvatim

The quality is decent.  If they're 3D printed, it's a higher quality print than most Shapeways items.  Definitely painted though.  I know @Silverwing got an RPG and is very pleased with it, and he's handled the real thing.  My biggest complaint isn't that my MAC-10 broke, it's the lack of silencers. 

I've been meaning to check out the site, that FAMAS!  I totally have to get one of those.   

cfx

I'm definitely no expert on 3D printing and, as far as I know, never seen an item close up in real life. What I understand is you can get some kinds of unintended texture or little ridges on items. It was some of the pics of the RPG that made me think that, like this one:

https://dollnouveau.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/dollnouveau-180916_654633.jpg

That's not to take anything away from it, as it looks great anyway. That picture is also larger than real life on my screen, so any little things like that are magnified.

I asked about painting only because while I don't think it's that big an issue, still it's something to consider since there's at least a chance of paint transferring to the doll's hands, moreso than colored plastic staining probably. Of the two guns I have so far, one isn't painted (Volks) and one is (Easy Model). The painted one looks better and I'm not that worried about that particular staining issue but some might be.

Galvatim

The guns are 3D printed, after examining them closely.  It gives them a brushed metal look, which works well enough with these 2 guns to not be a complaint.  Ai was holding the P-90 for a few hours yesterday at a meet, without any paint transfer, so they're probably safe for most photo shoots and the like.  I wouldn't leave them being held for days or weeks at a time, besides the paint transfer risk, the P-90 was stretching the hand a bit. 

I didn't pay much for these, like $50 shipped for both guns and a pair of beach sandals.  I'd like to see more detailed, feature laden weapons for 1/3 and DD along the lines of what Hot Toys does for their figures.  The Volks machine gun disappointed  me when I first got it, it has only the removable magazine and folding stock.  

cfx

Thanks for the info.

The Volks gun is pretty plain, especially for what it usually sells for now; I got it from Mandarake when they had one at a randomly-lower price. Even then it's kind of disappointing, and mainly I like it because it's a different style than the next thing:

Are you familiar with the 1/3 scale Easy Model guns? I got one of those and they're pretty detailed, and painted:

https://www.modelrectifier.com/staticdisplaymodels-gunmodels-s/162.htm

My main gripe on these as while there are a bunch of them, it's really only a very few basic models with slight variations. They originate from China, and on ebay there are sellers there, with them for less who are probably legit hobby stores, but after those Transformers horror stories I have so far not risked buying that way. I wanted #39114 which is apparently discontinued and not on the page above, and I got that one from an ebay seller in Germany and that went fine. Ebay seller toucanhobby in China did look to me like it's probably legit but I'm cautious.

I believe all of these may be discontinued because they aren't on the Easy Model website that I could find. From the packaging, they were part of the "Battlefront Action" series which seems to consist of only figures now.

From that site, Trumpeter is a related company, so I believe those Trumpeter gun kits that Hobby Search sometimes has available are some of the same guns as they look like it.

@Heshiko has also recommended Goatguns which look great but are metal and thus pretty heavy for a DD to actually hold:

• Thanks 1

Heshiko
9 hours ago, cfx said:

@Heshiko has also recommended Goatguns which look great but are metal and thus pretty heavy for a DD to actually hold:

Just to add onto this, they started making accessory slings recently that clip onto the guns. They're a bit long for a DD but they do a lot to offset the weight problem, although the guns are definitely still heavy (anywhere from 1 pound for a smaller rifle like a Steyr up to 3 or more for a long rifle like an SVD). Heads up though, the store's got the most obnoxious branding on earth - everything they mail is in packages covered with their weird mascot so if you worry about people seeing what you get in the mail, bear that in mind lol.

On 10/19/2019 at 10:32 PM, Galvatim said:

48926006418_bbace748dc_c.jpg

Cute!!! Fox ears and a Mac-10 is a combo I didn't know I needed to see

• Like 2

Galvatim

Ai-chan wearing Volks' Devil of the Moon outfit. Bought this from Manda a month or so ago. 

48975958903_a4127d4483_c.jpg

48975958763_2ca4ef28b0_c.jpg

48975958043_0346031ee8_c.jpg

Leg wraps.  Very ninja.  The outfit includes shoes, but they've been warped at the back due to sitting in the package for years.  

48976511191_0365bc1d00_c.jpg

Belt detail.

48975957873_aca655f8cc_c.jpg

Top.

48976510321_708770baf4_c.jpg

Without the boa.  

48976693132_9489856c62_c.jpg

Ai in something more casual.  

• Like 4

cfx

That's pretty awesome. @onion24@

I used to think the boa with this outfit was an odd accessory choice, but it works perfectly on Ai-chan with her ears and tail.

I had looked at that outfit at one time, in large part because I really like the bustier top and thought it would go good with many other things. Plus as your girl shows, it's one that actually fits really well on the bust unlike so many outfits. But I was also concerned it might be a staining terror especially with it being an older outfit and ended up never getting it.

It's really hard to find good pictures (or any pictures sometimes) of old Volks outfits. Volks no longer has pages up on them, and while I can often find newer outfits shown on DD on some random Japanese blog, it's harder for old outfits. For this one, I did find one page with three pictures:

https://ameblo.jp/marialiceila/entry-10122516686.html

• Like 1

Galvatim

Thanks, @cfx!  The boa does go great with Ai's ears and tail.  I was worried it wouldn't work at first, but it really looks great.  

The top is partially lined.  

48977471252_8650afaaef_c.jpg

The skirt has white around the waist.  The leg wraps have a lot of fuzz coming off of them, but no staining yet.  I'm not leaving this outfit on long term, though.  

cfx

Oh, nice to see it's lined. I think I just assumed it likely wasn't being a pretty old outfit. I don't know when it was released, but any of the Tenshi no Koromo that have the white label on the bag like that are fairly old.

I probably wouldn't leave it on long-term either, but it's nice to see it should at least be pretty safe for shorter periods. I'm trying to avoid things that stain instantly, which just don't seem worth the trouble.

Galvatim

Oh, it looks like the blogger you linked had issues with the collar, too.  It doesn't snap together very well.  

Galvatim

48988332583_0e94376e56_c.jpg

48988332548_1580e1268f_c.jpg

Ai's sister feels left out...

• Like 1

Galvatim

49090527453_20a010821c_c.jpg

Aya has also been left out...  But she's got a Laughing Fox beer, so maybe she's OK?  

• Haha 1