Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Tango_Six

October 2019 Outfit Collection

Tango_Six

The October 2019 outfit collection page is up on Volks International Webstore. The Denim pants & Sporty Girly outfit are what i'm interested in - whether I can actually order them will be another thing!

Anyway - Sales open on Saturday 12th October at 10am Japan time.

https://ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_EVENT010/?SEARCH_MAX_ROW_LIST=30&item_list_mode=2&sort_order=1&request=page&next_page=1

DesertPhantom51

That Black Ribbon Blouse set is a little too Children of the Corn for me... pic related. 

75112-vlcsnap-2012-04-07-13h10m42s53.png

• Haha 1

cfx

Here's the Volks outfit collection page too: https://www.volks.co.jp/dress/1910/en/

There is little or nothing for me this time. I was interested in the Sporty Casual Girly Set, but from the magazine scans I thought the trim color was gray rather than pastel blue/green. As a casual outfit that is fine but I wanted to use the bra top as part of another oufit and that color scheme won't work out. Because this fits DDdy and SD16, those pants are most likely not going to be a nice fit on DD or DDS so all I really get I can use is the bra top and jacket, and it's expensive for just those parts. The skirt and stocks aren't my style. As Volks used DDdy for the model, there's no example yet of how any of it fits on DD or DDS.

I may be interested in the black leather pants, if they fit DD well.

The White Sugar wedding dresses look like lingerie to me.  @onion32@

Sord
9 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

That Black Ribbon Blouse set is a little too Children of the Corn for me... pic related. 

75112-vlcsnap-2012-04-07-13h10m42s53.png

Buy a Suit Jacket and you can have the outfit of Reverend Kane from Poltergeist.

poltergeisttemple.jpg

• Haha 1

Riesz

Aww, I'm really disappointed there is nothing Halloween-ish. 

I want a new witch or cat outfit, or even some little devil horns. 😭

Edited by Riesz

cfx

What Volks had for Halloween was in the September Collection. There was a devil horn headband, a hoodie, and a jack-o-lantern t-shirt.

These items will be part of the upcoming Volks USA lottery (see page 4); unfortunately they won't be shipped until after Halloween.

Amara77

I wasn't interested in these outfits until the awesome movie refs lol

It's always good to be safe my wallet is happy. 

I'm somehow always slightly disappointed when I don't want anyithing though.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

baldylox

I really like all the sporty girl sets!  Those are cute all on their own but look like you could use them to mix and match with other stuff quite easily.  I'm gonna try for all three of them.  😄  

Volks is killing me here tho.  I want to lottery for two Icon girls as well!  My wallet is going to explode if I win what I want!  LOL

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

nettle_tea

I am safe from this collection. Probably a good thing, considering how much stuff in the Volks USA lottery I have my eye on... those sporty outfits are really tempting, though!

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, baldylox said:

I really like all the sporty girl sets!  Those are cute all on their own but look like you could use them to mix and match with other stuff quite easily.  I'm gonna try for all three of them.  😄  

Volks is killing me here tho.  I want to lottery for two Icon girls as well!  My wallet is going to explode if I win what I want!  LOL

Good luck with the Icon's. Serra is temping, but not in the cards for me this time around.

Keep in mind they will be selling option hands for them on the 21st.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Didn't know if it was better to make another thread or put it here; since it's a simultaneous October event thought it made sense to combine. Page is up for DD Gathering 2019, though not the webstore pages yet:

https://www.volks.co.jp/ddgathering/2019/

So anyway, this will just be for the Best rerelease of the Pure Wind waitress outfit, the new U-type eyes, and the DDP standard models Ribbon and Coron, and as @Beani posted in the other thread, the DDPs are delayed so just a short-term preorder. As mentioned somewhere else, that fancy expensive white outfit is a limited Doll Point-only item.

Riesz

Oh wow, the wedding kimono set is amazing. I bet at that price the fabrics are really luxurious and gorgeous... Wish I could see it in person. 

Gabriel

I'll probably go for the Pure Wind set.  I've regretted not snagging that one back when it was first available.

The white dresses are the only things I like in the October collection, and I think I can skip them.

Other than that and possibly stuff that just seems super special to me, I think I'm done.  I'm going to try and hibernate for a year.

cfx

Pure Wind looks nice, is pretty reasonably priced since it comes with shoes, and its design is such that no black touches your doll.

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

Other than that and possibly stuff that just seems super special to me, I think I'm done.  I'm going to try and hibernate for a year.

I feel like I need to cut down on the spending too. I got a bunch of outfits from Mandarake over the last year and a half, some of which didn't work out and I won't keep, but I have what should be enough. The rest depends on what Volks does with DD rereleases and if I don't get anything I want there how I feel about aftermarket prices for certain DDs. Volks' clothing events usually don't have too much that I love; the recent Abyss Black outfits have been the most exciting release for me since I've joined the hobby at the end of 2017.

And I haven't actually done much with what I have, which is just wrong. I need to set up an area, put on some of these outfits, and take pictures.

Sechs
On 9/29/2019 at 10:03 AM, cfx said:

The White Sugar wedding dresses look like lingerie to me.  @onion32@

And the Gathered Yoke Long Blouse Set looks like a nightdress to me more than a... a... scholar outfit?

cfx
29 minutes ago, Sechs said:

And the Gathered Yoke Long Blouse Set looks like a nightdress to me more than a... a... scholar outfit?

I hadn't really paid attention before since it's not sized for DDs, but yeah I don't know what to make of that one. @onion35@

Edited by cfx

Beani

Was looking at the items again to prepare for Saturday and had forgotten the price of the ruffle skirts. I just don’t get why they cost so much. I really want the sugar dress with pink ruffles for Ram but that would be over 10,000 yen now I look at it. Not sure it’s worth it?

A huge typhoon is scheduled to blow through Tokyo on Saturday too so I don’t even know if it will be safe to go to the event. Maybe a sign I should stem my spending... but Ram has almost no clothes of her own yet and I want to dress her up. What to do... @onion19@

edit: The physical event has now been postponed to the 19th due to the typhoon. Web sales will be unaffected by the delay https://www.volks.co.jp/news/20191010.html

Edited by Beani

foo

HAHA! I successfully checked out on my first try! It was really slow but it didn't fail. It took 8 minutes I guess.

yLLiS

There was an item limit of one on an item I wanted... is it possible to make 2 orders of the same item on the same account or will they cancel both orders if I do, does anyone know?

**It won't let me add it to my cart again... question answered. XD

Edited by yLLiS

cfx
20 minutes ago, foo said:

HAHA! I successfully checked out on my first try! It was really slow but it didn't fail. It took 8 minutes I guess.

I had completely forgotten about this event as I'd decided to not order anything, but after reading that I went and looked at the site and it's quite responsive. Perhaps this event isn't as popular since not much is sold out yet, but maybe the recent system maintenance they did was to improve the site performance...we can hope.

Galvatim

I snagged the Sporty Casual Boyish set, and some matching shoes.  Quite a bit looked to still be available, although I noticed the Pure Wind waitress outfit is sold out.  

baldylox

I forgot about this until just now and I went to see if the stuff I wanted was available an it is!  BUT...

The site won't let me pay!  WTF??  I've tried Paypal and a direct CC input but all I get is this:

Enter the information below and proceed to the next page.
Required marks required information. Please be sure to fill in the necessary areas.

エラー
  • ご入力いただいたカード番号はご利用になれません。

It keeps sending me back to page 3 and won't let me proceed?  What gives?  What does the above written in Japanese say?

baldylox

I'm seriously miffed now because it won't let me past step 4, it keeps pushing me back to page 3 no matter what.

EDIT:  Ok, I have no idea what happened but it finally went thru.  I had to try Paypal with different cards 3 times and I got nothing.  Then I input all those back into the page on Volks itself before it finally took the last card I put in.  Why it was being so picky or quirky is beyond me but at least the order went thru.

Frikkin Volks….  XD

Billy

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, baldylox said:

I forgot about this until just now and I went to see if the stuff I wanted was available an it is!  BUT...

The site won't let me pay!  WTF??  I've tried Paypal and a direct CC input but all I get is this:

Enter the information below and proceed to the next page.
Required marks required information. Please be sure to fill in the necessary areas.

エラー
  • ご入力いただいたカード番号はご利用になれません。

It keeps sending me back to page 3 and won't let me proceed?  What gives?  What does the above written in Japanese say?

It says card number can't be used. I'm guessing you were hit by the 3D Secure verification part.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Galvatim

I had that message come up when trying to pay for my order, too.  I got an email from my bank about 20 minutes later, they placed a hold on my card after I made the order for Mash.  I ended up using my other card for my order from this collection.