Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Tango_Six

October 2019 Outfit Collection

Jezrah

I have a DDB but not a DDSB.  The DDS girls have wider hips and thighs than the boy. I wonder if that may be playing a part.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

cfx
1 hour ago, Jezrah said:

I have a DDB but not a DDSB.  The DDS girls have wider hips and thighs than the boy. I wonder if that may be playing a part.

That was my first thought, but there was also this:

On 12/9/2019 at 5:33 AM, Monty said:

Miku (DD) has also worn them with no issue sitting.

I don't yet have a DDS, but I would think all DD's measurements are larger than DDS, other than possibly the waist from Volks given measurements.

Monty

I went looking for where I had Miku in the jeans to see if she was sitting in any photos and she is in a few in this post: 

It would be a shame if all the new ones are too tight, because I kind of wanted another pair.

• Like 1

cfx

Yeah I hope the sizing didn't change; if it did it must be a mistake. You can see from your pictures how snug the fit already was and how well these conformed, as Miku's knee joints are visible in the sitting pics.

OT, that thread is a reminder that @Ie-Aster hasn't been around in a long time. :(

BeyondTime

Results are out for the Volks USA lottery. I won everything I entered for except the Pom Pom Skirt Pink. I did win the blue one, so along with the white dress, Chihaya is getting a gift. 

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

The Sporty Girly set fits M bust pretty well, and the sporty boyish set fits SS bust well. The white sugar flare dress fits SS bust well too, but it's a bit loose on DDS. It uses hooks in the back, so nothing a few loops of thread won't fix.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The Sporty Girly set fits M bust pretty well, and the sporty boyish set fits SS bust well.

Glad to hear that. I didn't get either of these, but have still been considering them, more for those tops than the bottoms.

I know you got the White Sugar dress and pom-pom skirt for Chihaya, but you need to make Makoto wear it, at least to take a picture. I guess it'd have been even better had you won the pink one.

@onion9@

She's one of the reasons Volks really needs to make a DD-sized tuxedo. Still love that episode of the anime.  <3

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, cfx said:

you need to make Makoto wear it, at least to take a picture. I guess it'd have been even better had you won the pink one

I actually think that could work out for her.

I'm kind of glad I didn't win the pink one. They are pretty bulky, and I still want to try for the black and white ones next month. I wanted the pink one for Luka, but the White Sugar Tiered dress that goes with L busts is too long for the Pom Pom skirts.

BeyondTime

I put the tops from the sporty sets on two spare busts for a day, and no staining showed up. Not necessarily valid for long term, but they seem safe for photo shoots. I haven't tested any of the other parts of the outfits yet. I would be very wary of the jeans given how dark they are.

cfx

Reference link as it's been a while:

https://www.volks.co.jp/dress/1910/en/

I recently got the Black Synthetic Leather Pants / M after seeing a pic of them on a DD from Doll Point where it looked like they fit well, though the waist wasn't visible. As it turns out, they do fit well, except for the waist. The legs are a snug but not overly tight fit, and they are not difficult to get on. This is good as the material doesn't stretch much. The length is just right too.

However, there is no kind of adjustment for different doll types, and they do not have elastic in the rear like some other recent pants have had. So while they fit the hips/butt/thighs well, they don't taper down for the smaller and more tapered waist on DD, so they are a little loose on the sides, and with a very large gap in the rear. Used with something like those shirts Volks shows them with this would be hidden, and one of the uses I was planning on will probably hide it, but I still find it disappointing that they didn't do something to make them fit better, and saying they fit when they really do not.

If you pull them down where they sit like low-riders, then the waist fits, but the crotch is very low then and they don't look right really, and the legs then also become too long.

The pants with the SDB Abyss Black outfit have an area in the back of the waistband, maybe 1" or so, that is elastic, and those fit just fine because of that. I wish they had done that here, but maybe it wasn't feasible with the vinyl material.

The snap closure is on the front. There is no decorative button to interfere with a belt. There are belt loops, but as loose as they are in the waist I don't think using a belt to tighten them up would work well or look good.

They aren't lined really, but it is a fabric-backed vinyl material so it's black cloth touching the doll rather than black vinyl at least. There should be enough room underneath for protective leggings too.

For the price I thought it was worth the risk and if they do work ok with what I have planeed it'll be ok.

Sorry no pictures, but maybe I can add that in the future.