Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Riesz

Azone 50cm clothing for DDS

Riesz

Hey everyone! On this topic, @cfx linked another topic about some Azone 50 clothing fitting DDS.  I find this extremely exciting, as I love some of the Azone clothing and it tends to be much easier to acquire, and sometimes cheaper too.  The main problem is... we aren't sure what will fit and what won't fit.

If anyone has some Azone 50 or AZO2 clothing and wouldn't mind trying it on DDS to measure fit, please please post it here!

Thank you in advance.

cfx

Besides the other linked thread, @Monty also has pictures of that Santa suit on Mel (DDS Len Kagamine) here:

I have some information on one other outfit, the Ladies' Suit Set: https://www.azone-int.co.jp/azonet/item/4560120207537

I've found pictures of that on DD Luka, though I believe she's been changed to a smaller bust size:

I have this outfit too, and I've tried it on DD. I bought it originally with the thought of using it on DDP, but I don't (yet) have either a DDP or DDS. On DD, it fits like those pictures show; there's no way to button the jacket, but it still looks pretty good and looks like it fits in that it doesn't look she's wearing kid's clothing or something like that. I believe that the skirt rides up a bit higher than intended because the waist is a bit small for DD. I believe it should fit quite a bit better on DDS especially with a small bust. I can't remember if I tried the shirt, and I'm not sure if Luka there is wearing the shirt that comes with it.

Whenever I get a DDS I'll test it there.

From that same instagram I want to link this post, because it's one of the few really good comparisons I've seen between equivalent DD and DDS parts. While Volks specs I believe say DD and DDS have the same shoulder width, it's clear here they don't. I'll just make this one a link so the post isn't so long:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz8c1CApzF_/

Edited by cfx

Cauldroness

Clothes that are only for Azone 48cm or Azone 50cm (that is, NOT sized for AZO2) will ~not~ fit DDS. All the outfits so far shown are outfits that Azone has marked as fitting AZO2 (they may also fit other sizes, too, but they have AZO2 as a "fit"). You need to specifically look for AZO2 G or I bust (if it only fits C bust, but not G or I, it's too small). 

That said, AZO2 G bust & I bust outfits WILL fit... with a few caveats:

- The DDS has a longer torso, so many dresses that fit AZO2 at the waist become somewhat "empire" on the DDS (the waist ends up just under the DDs' breasts, rather than at her natural waist)

- The DDS is way taller, so dresses and skirts will be significantly shorter on DDS than on AZO2

- Pants & shorts sort-of fit... they will sit VERY low on the hips and NOT close/button

- Leggings do NOT fit at all

- Shoes do NOT fit at all

- Panties DO fit, but are very, very low hip-huggers

- Bras do NOT fit (might fit DDS S-bust but I don't have one so I can't test???)

Example #1: Marisa (DDS with M-bust) in AZO2 G-Bust outfit: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17xuHVnK3qkZqOvQf4mC3kt6o85W1QQ8x/view?usp=sharing

~ Dress fits, does zip up back, waist is much higher on Marisa than on an AZO2, skirt is much shorter on Marisa than on an AZO2

Example #2: Marisa (DDS with M-Bust) in AZO2 G-Bust outfit:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17yTsqs9NpTbrWEyCZ2SggTrGHeR4q29o/view?usp=sharing

~ Shirt fits, buttons all the way, waist tucks in just under Marisa's breasts (rather than at her natural waist), shirt also doesn't come down as much on Marisa

~~ Note that long-sleeve shirts will be a little short on a DDS, because they have much longer arms

~ Pants are very, very low hip-huggers that do not button in front

~~ Also, getting pants on does require praying to your preferred deity and possibly cursing a lot, they are VERY TIGHT and she definitely can NOT sit in them

Edited by Cauldroness
  • Like 2

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Riesz

Thank you so much for the pictures! 

Aww, I'm really disappointed that more clothing won't fit... I had my eye on https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10591073 but now I'm worried it won't fit.

I did look up the Santa outfit Rin is wearing - https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10423898

it seems like a bit looser style but only lists AZO2 C bust, which is the same as that sailor dress.  I still don't know if I should risk blindly ordering the sailor dress though.

Edited by Riesz

Galvatim

48839691621_36030bfe08_c.jpg

This Azone set is sized for AZ02 C, G, and I, as well as 48/50 L busts.  Saber is DDS S bust.  

48839864752_b891f5566a_c.jpg

48839740156_916c3dc850_c.jpg

Rei is DDS M bust.  

48839691421_698358ce5e_c.jpg

This lists only G and I bust fit.  Saber doesn't quite fill the bra, but I think it works.  

48839925537_3f5a0b1ce5_c.jpg

Yeah, Levy might not get this back.  The black set has two spots on the bra to hook shut at, and no straps, so it may be a little more versatile.  This white set has just the one clasp point and the straps limiting it.  

• Like 2

Cauldroness

Ah-ha, so the bras do fit DDS S-bust! I thought they might. I have the all-white version of that blue/white bra and it definitely cannot make it around the M-bust chest at all. Not even close.

It might be that AZO2 C-bust is compatible with DDS S-bust, but... again, I don't have an S-bust, only an M-bust, and I can tell you that AZO2 C-bust stuff definitely won't work on an M-bust.

The sailor dress does have a looser style, so there's a real potential it may work for an DDS S-bust girl...? But I'm 99.99% not for DDS M-bust.

cfx
8 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

~~ Also, getting pants on does require praying to your preferred deity and possibly cursing a lot, they are VERY TIGHT and she definitely can NOT sit in them

Haha. That reminds me of something about that business suit. On DD, you can't really move the arms much because there's so little play in the shoulder area. That should be a bit better on DDS though.

3 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

The sailor dress does have a looser style, so there's a real potential it may work for an DDS S-bust girl...? But I'm 99.99% not for DDS M-bust.

I agree with this. It's shaped kind of like a tent, smallest at the top. The pic on the Azone girl fits pretty loosely everywhere except the bust so it seems like it would work on DDS. It'll be very short though as it's already fairly short on the Azone girl.

6 hours ago, Riesz said:

I did look up the Santa outfit Rin is wearing - https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10423898

Thanks for linking to that. I had looked it up a long time ago and found it, but it wasn't in stock and I hadn't thought to look for it again since. I like it a lot more than any of the Volks Santa suits, so I may get it for use on a future DDS.

Monty

Just so you know, the Santa top is so tight on Rin I have doubts it fits anything bigger than a SS bust. Unfortunately all my girls are either SS or L (complete coincidence) so I've been unable to test if at least S fits.

cfx

Thanks for that warning as it wasn't obvious to me from the pictures that it's that tight, and I had assumed it would fit at least S. I also had forgotten Rin is SS and not S.

It's not surprising since Azone says it is a tight fit on the 50cm body with L bust, a tight fit on AZO2 C bust, and doesn't fit the other AZO2 busts at all. As @Cauldroness determined above, the AZO2 G & I bust outfits are the ones most likely to work on DDS.

I guess that's why that one works so well on Mel too, heh.

HazelMaze

Hello Everyone! I tend to stay quiet around here, but- I have both an AZO2 and a Dollfie Dream Sister,currently with a medium bust. I tend to pick up AZ02 clothing as often as my wallet permits XD So far, I've had a lot of luck with AZ02 (G Bust), both short sleeve and long sleeve. Though the long sleeve may be just a hair short in the wrist if we have any tailors in the room 😛   I will say that sometimes I find that G bust is honestly a bit too big for the expressly labeled AZ02 clothing, as I get chest gaping pretty often. So I am often surprised at how well it fits on my DDS

If people have something in particular they are looking for, do let me know! I'm happy to verify things,especially if there are certain pieces people want to know about.

Cauldroness

Azone designs all their clothes to fit over the bra/panty set that each girl comes with, which is why you may find some AZO2 outfits to be a bit oversized if you put them directly on the doll (without a bra/panty set underneath). The bras have some padding, so they add a bit to the bust size. Also a lot of the G-bust outfits are also designed to fit on the larger I-bust girls as well, which explains why they may be a little loose. 

HazelMaze

Sorry, perhaps I was not clear. I'm not finding the outfits loose, I'm finding them tight.

The gaping I am referring to is located at the apex of the bust, where the fabric becomes taught and pulls around that button.This creates a slight gap and is just means the top is ever so slightly too small.

Cauldroness

Hmmm. Are you getting items that are specifically marked for AZO2 G&I bust? There's also AZO2 C-bust, which is quite a bit smaller than G&I. Stuff can be marked "AZO2" and not fit the G-bust if it's designed for the C-bust. Some AZO2 is sized only for C, or is marked "fits but tight" on G&I.

I have a both G & I bust in house, and have found everything marked for G & I bust has fitted quite nicely on them. The I is larger than the G, and even then I haven't really had issues.

HazelMaze

Nope! I was always thorough about the tags, specifically my issue comes from "Azone 50Cm Doll costume AZO2 Bolero School Uniform" as well as "Azone 50cm AZO2 Refreshing Denim Dress Set Saxe x Pink ". 

I will say it is slight gaping/pulling, not severe, but it is noticeably there and honestly drives me a bit bonkers! ( Bra or no bra!)

It is in part to the nature of the garment,and just a QC thing. A slight variance in sewing can have a big impact on fit. I do believe the garments are still absolutely beautifully made though.

Riesz

678_1.jpg

Ughhh, Azone released some adorable Halloween outfits but they are just 50cm, not AZO2. @onion30@

I think eventually I'll have to cave and buy a DDP body so I can use some of these cute outfits, plus all the MDD stuff I miss out on...

WhiteLotus

Where do you order your Azone clothes? I just order a DDP body for myDDH-03 head, I hear Azone 50cm fit the DDP body.

Galvatim
11 minutes ago, WhiteLotus said:

Where do you order your Azone clothes? I just order a DDP body for myDDH-03 head, I hear Azone 50cm fit the DDP body.

I recommend AmiAmi, Hobby Search and Mandarake.  Besides selling Azone 50cm clothes, Mandarake will get in older Volks outfits from time to time, too.  I've picked up a number of MDD outfits for my DDP.  

• Like 1

Heshiko
On 10/27/2019 at 8:14 AM, Riesz said:

678_1.jpg

Ughhh, Azone released some adorable Halloween outfits but they are just 50cm, not AZO2. @onion30@

I think eventually I'll have to cave and buy a DDP body so I can use some of these cute outfits, plus all the MDD stuff I miss out on...

That prank cat maid outfit was so cute I couldn't resist buying it, despite knowing full well it wouldn't fit my Katyusha...

eUe2JTO.jpg

Even if it doesn't actually fit she can still wear it enough to look damn cute sitting down!

• Like 2

Cauldroness

I'm still having the hardest time resisting the cat maid outfits. Ugh, why are they so cute?!

• Like 1

Singer Yuna
On 12/8/2019 at 5:07 PM, Cauldroness said:

I'm still having the hardest time resisting the cat maid outfits. Ugh, why are they so cute?!

Ater a month of the release trying to resist, I finally got the purple one last friday... too difficult to resist.

Edited by Singer Yuna
  • Like 2

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

cfx

It's been a while, but I had said I would try to post a picture of that AZO2 business suit on DDS. I can finally do that now, with this sucky phone pic that I made worse by adjusting contrast and brightness so the black suit is actually visible:

IMG_0274a.jpg.9b39d63de77006f03054b993bbac14b2.jpg

This outfit shows compatibility with all AZO2 but is rated to best fit the G and I busts.

Obviously, this is (bald lol) DDS Makoto, who has the unitorso S bust.

The outfit sort of fits, but not really, as there are some significant issues. Notice how it looks like she's got really wide hips. This is because the shoulder width of the jacket is far too small for DDS. Notice how a little ways down the jacket sleeves from the top there's a little bump? That's where her shoulders actually are. It's also so constrained there you can't really move her arms much.

I didn't take a picture without the jacket, but the shirt is a tight but decent fit.

Further up the page I posted some instagram pictures of this same suit on DD Luka. There are differences in how that fit (or didn't) compared to this DDS. On DDS the skirt sits at a normal-looking waist height, and doesn't show the wrinkling seen on the DD. The jacket closes fine on DDS; it just binds up at the shoulders. Looking closer at the Luka pics I see the area under the arms looks bunched up. I can't know for sure, but I think Luka has been downboobed from her usual L bust to M or S in those pictures; I doubt the coat would fit at all otherwise. Quite a while back I did also try this outfit on DD but I don't remember the results anymore; I didn't really expect it to work anyway.

I originally bought this with the idea of using it on DDP not knowing at the time that probably wasn't going to really work. I'm no longer planning to get a DDP, but I do suspect now this won't fit that very well. The coat may work, but as the skirt fits the DDS reasonably well, I am pretty sure it will be loose and ill-fitting on the much slimmer DDP hips and butt. @Cauldroness said this in the other thread about DDP and I'm sure she is right.

So anyway, another AZO2 outfit that doesn't really work on DDS.

Edited by cfx