Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Siara

[NEWBIE] I have a few questions...

Siara

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to Vinyl dolls and I'd like some feedback if possible. I'm looking into buying either a Dollfie Dream or a Dollfie Dream Dynamite with the new F3 frame. Can anyone recommend shops within the EU that sell legitimate dolls? I found three shops in the EU so far but one of them seems to be sellling fakes. I'm new to these kind of dolls so I wouldn't know how to be sure I'm getting the real thing. Do Dollfie Dreams come with a certificate of authenticity like my resin family? If not, how can I tell if I have a legitimate doll in my hands? 

If I'm looking for poseability is there a lot of differences between the latest version of the Dollfie Dreams and their Dynamite counterpart? 

If you feel there's anything else I should know then feel free to let me know~ ^__^

cfx

Volks has official retailers in various parts of the world that they call DD Friend Shops. Here's a list:

https://www.dollfiedream.tokyo/dd_en/friendshop/

There's one in France and one in the UK so maybe those will help you. You can also order from Volks Japan, though that may incur customs fees depending on how that is in your country.

So far, as far as I know the only two fake Dollfie Dreams are of Saber and Snow Miku.

There shouldn't be any significant poseability differences between a regular DD an a DDdy (dynamite) with one exception. The frame is the same, and the body isn't that different, beyond the dimensions (larger bust, waist, hips, thighs). The one difference is the torso joint. On the regular DD, it's lower down so allows more bending in various directions. On DDdy it's just under the bust, which gives a better look in bare-midriff clothing, but is more limiting in range of movement of the spine.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

Siara

Thank you for your answer ^__^ so it should be safe to order a blank head and body anywhere? 

I like the DDdy better because the seam is right under the chest which looks better in some clothing but the DD-M or L seem to have more options clothing-wise, or am I mistaken? I guess I could wait for a unibody to be released for them too then I'll have zero seam issues. 

To be honest I adore the 'kawaii' aesthetic so the MDD have been very tempting as well. They seem to have the most 'cute' clothing options as well. 

It's so hard deciding when there are so many viable options. :3

DML
On 10/6/2019 at 9:13 AM, Siara said:

Thank you for your answer ^__^ so it should be safe to order a blank head and body anywhere? 

I like the DDdy better because the seam is right under the chest which looks better in some clothing but the DD-M or L seem to have more options clothing-wise, or am I mistaken? I guess I could wait for a unibody to be released for them too then I'll have zero seam issues. 

To be honest I adore the 'kawaii' aesthetic so the MDD have been very tempting as well. They seem to have the most 'cute' clothing options as well. 

It's so hard deciding when there are so many viable options. :3

You can order a blank head and body, that would be the cheapest way. And if your brave enough for doing your own faceups, I would say go for it. I like to do my own when I buy blank heads. It is also fun! 

There are many faceup artists too. I recommend you spend a little more to get the best faceup if your not confident enough to do it yourself. 

Clothing-wise, I would say there are more verity options for DD & DDS than DDdy because of her larger bust and waist. But I may be wrong. 

Either way which ever doll you choose you won't go wrong 👍

cfx

There don't seem to be counterfeit separate bodies and heads, but that still is a possibility, so it's probably best to stick with the official shops i.e. Volks themselves, the DD friend shops, or reliable places like Mandarake for second-hand stuff.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:13 AM, Siara said:

Yeah there are more clothing possibilities for DD over DDdy, but it also depends on who you're buying clothes from and what styles. Some of Volks lines like Designers Collection are released in sets where there will be one that fits each size. Well, theoretically anyway...Volks usually rates SD16 outfits as compatible with DDdy, and how well they actually fit can vary by outfit, and how picky you are about how things fit.

That probably adds to the confusion, but if you're interested in specific outfits you can ask here and someone may have info on how a specific outfit fits, or know where there are pictures. I've been able to find pictures of how many Volks outfits fit on DD on random Japanese blogs.

Besides Volks complete dolls and blank heads, there is another option with some of the standard heads also existing in a prepainted limited version. These tend to be available on Mandarake from time to time, usually at around 15,000 yen, which is in the same ballpark you'll probably pay for a blank + a custom faceup from an artist. Just as an example, here are two different styles of Volks prepainted DDH-07 heads:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1031118100&categoryCode=020114&lang=en

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1113165598&categoryCode=020114&lang=en

• Like 1