MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
SiofraLu

My Smart Doll and I say hi!

SiofraLu

Hello! 

My name is Lu, and I am a doll addict. 

I found this forum while googling info about Smart Dolls and thought it would be good to join and be able to actually ask questions. My girl is a Serenity (which I have since discovered is the same as a few others but for some reason I really love her specifically, probably in large part due to her purple eyes). She is a cortex, I am not a hugely experienced doll owner, and the vinyl and staining does intimidate me, so I took the website’s advice and went with the less expensive option (I did get a vinyl chest piece and hands though). I do have an obitsu, who is my mini me, but her head is a Mc2 doll head so I believe she is off topic here? Mini Lu is still in the first outfit I ever put her in, as many of my dolls are, thus my worry about vinyl. I do hope one day to have a vinyl Smart Doll, and maybe even a Dollfie  Dream but who knows what the future shall bring. 

Happy to have found this place. :) 

cfx

Welcome. @onion12@

Your hybrid doll is probably ok for one of the "other doll" sections of the forum, but I'm unsure of the exact rules so someone else can answer that better.

I think since your Smart Doll is Cortex but with the vinyl bust that's a good way to experiment with clothing and learn how stains go. I think everyone, or at least I was, iniitially scared of that, but after having it happen and going through the removal procedure, it tends to become something you just accept as part of the hobby. It's kind of like getting that first scratch on your new car. 😓

• Thanks 1

SiofraLu

Thanks! 

It’s funny, I’m the type of person that goes out of my way not to scratch a car! I’m learning to live a little bit though. 😊 I watched the videos Danny Choo has on the website too, and he’s so at ease with the dolls, it really helped me feel better about handling mine. 

baldylox

Welcome aboard!  Glad to have another Smartdoll owner joining up!  :)

As for your hybrid doll, since the head isn't an on topic one, you are more than welcome to post about it and share pics in the Off Topic Doll areas.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have, we have a lot of knowledge here and nice people happy to help you out.  And have fun too!

Billy

• Thanks 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

SiofraLu

Thanks! 

I am totally addicted now! I have been wanting one for years, so maybe I was pre-addicted? Either way I want more, more, more! 😆 

I’ve been making my way through the rest of the forum and soaking up all the info, and will certainly post any questions I have after I’ve made sure they haven’t already been answered. Your thread has already answered a few.