Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
miko89

Alternative paint for Zoukei-Mura Acrylics

miko89

4518992801056_1_1.jpg.cc7f7f1b7be34551a324b9abe166cdf1.jpg

I wonder if you guys know what other brand of acrylic paint feels good as Zoukei-Mura Acrylics because I've been doing faceup with this paint and running out 1-2 colour and sadly they don't sell individually.

I just love how the material glides and dries quick.

Let me know what you've been using and happy with them.

facebook | flickr| deviantArt | Face-up Service is CLOSE

Wishlist : DD Chihaya

DML
1 hour ago, miko89 said:

4518992801056_1_1.jpg.cc7f7f1b7be34551a324b9abe166cdf1.jpg

I wonder if you guys know what other brand of acrylic paint feels good as Zoukei-Mura Acrylics because I've been doing faceup with this paint and running out 1-2 colour and sadly they don't sell individually.

I just love how the material glides and dries quick.

Let me know what you've been using and happy with them.

Try Citadel paints they have many colors and are very good for quick drying water based like Zoukei-Mura Acrylics.

Subaru

I personally use Liquitex soft body acrylic paint.

Actually, in the past VOLKS used to Liquitex soft body before getting their own ZOUKEI-MURA label of paints. Colors might not be exactly the same as the ZM ones, but you can pick ones that are similar!

Liquitex soft body acrylic's viscosity, pigmentation and etc. feel pretty much the same as the ZM ones. For thinner I switch between using the ZM acrylic thinner and the Liquitex Flow Aid, they're pretty similar.

https://www.liquitex.com/us/products/professional/colors/soft-body-acrylic/
(Current Color Catalog, sorry linked US site)

I thiiiiink that Liquitex is a globally recognized brand so I hope you will be able to find a retailer in Malaysia.

I've also used Golden Acrylic paint, but I don't like it as much as Liquitex. I still use it for any colors that aren't available for Liquitex.

I hope I don't sound like a shill/salesman for this hahaha.

• Like 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

miko89
11 hours ago, Subaru said:

I personally use Liquitex soft body acrylic paint.

Actually, in the past VOLKS used to Liquitex soft body before getting their own ZOUKEI-MURA label of paints. Colors might not be exactly the same as the ZM ones, but you can pick ones that are similar!

Liquitex soft body acrylic's viscosity, pigmentation and etc. feel pretty much the same as the ZM ones. For thinner I switch between using the ZM acrylic thinner and the Liquitex Flow Aid, they're pretty similar.

https://www.liquitex.com/us/products/professional/colors/soft-body-acrylic/
(Current Color Catalog, sorry linked US site)

I thiiiiink that Liquitex is a globally recognized brand so I hope you will be able to find a retailer in Malaysia.

I've also used Golden Acrylic paint, but I don't like it as much as Liquitex. I still use it for any colors that aren't available for Liquitex.

I hope I don't sound like a shill/salesman for this hahaha.

12 hours ago, Meow said:

Try Citadel paints they have many colors and are very good for quick drying water based like Zoukei-Mura Acrylics.

Ohhh thank you!

we have Liquitex in malaysia but I don't know if they carry the ' soft body acrylic' lines, I maybe have to lurk around.

Have you guys use Vallejo? Even volks sell them too

facebook | flickr| deviantArt | Face-up Service is CLOSE

Wishlist : DD Chihaya

Subaru

I have Vallejo paints but I don't really use them for painting dolls. I don't know how to describe it but it clumps up differently than normal acrylic?
Even when you thin it, it forms a skin on the surface reallly quickly. It doesn't really dissolve super well when you try to mix it back together either.
It makes it a little bit harder for you to make sharp and fine lines for the eyelashes.

The pigmentation in the actual paint is actually really really good though, so you don't need to make as many layers to get opaque coverage. I prefer using the paint for airbrushing since it's water based and less fume-y. The paints are really well suited for painting miniatures since you can apply thin, opaque layers without filling in the tiny fiddly parts or textures.

As for face-ups, I mostly reserve using Vallejo to fill in black areas on the eyelashes since you can get good coverage pretty quickly. Still not a super big fan of using Vallejo for face-ups though. This is just my personal preference though! I'm probably using the wrong kind of thinner or using it incorrectly lol.

---

Never used Citadel paints for face-ups though. I only have some of their washes that I've used on GK bases, so I can't exactly vouch for them.

Edited by Subaru
Added unhelpful sentence about Citadel.

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy