Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Choices for DDP Clothing

foo

I've been trying to be patient about getting clothes for Iori and just waiting for stuff I really like, but it's been two years and her wardrobe is still fairly small. Also, I've got an MDD now and, um, Iori's jealous about how perfectly Volks' MDD clothes fit her. So I thought I'd try harder and get stuff that I might like. The hard part isn't finding good stuff, it's finding stuff I want for Iori.

And what fits? I thought we could share our experiences with DDP clothing here (especially non-Volks stuff).

I wanted something so I got the Lily of the Valley Cardigan & Flared Skirt set from Volks,

volks-lily-cardigan.jpg

And here's how it looks with an Azone hat that doesn't fit,

volks-lily.jpg

It fits pretty well, the sleeves are the right length and the skirt's height is good too.

I wanted to try some Azone 50 cm clothing. The only place I know where to buy stuff is Hobby Search. I think HLJ and Ami Ami are options, but at the time I didn't have much luck browsing their sites. Anybody know other places to shop? Or how to follow their release schedule?

From the stuff they had in stock, I decided to take a chance on the AZO2-sized Literature Girl Set, Brown. Here's the product image, (socks/shoes not included),

azo2-literature-brown.jpg

And here's Iori wearing it, without the cardigan, (hat totally does not fit)

azo2-literature-hat.jpg

And with the cardigan:

azo2-literature-cardigan.jpg

Things to note:

- Iori's chest is way too small. It looks like she's wearing a fancy bib
- Similarly, it's sitting too low around her waist. You can probably work around this, but the straps do attach to button snaps on the back.
- Sleeves are also too long
- The quality is really good

It's kind of a bummer that the hat doesn't fit because it's what convinced me to get this set. While I'm complaining about fit, I still think it's a good buy (hat excluded). This is an outfit for their AZO2 line of dolls, maybe the other stuff fits better. I'll definitely look into getting AZO2 stuff again if I like it, and if it seems like it has a better chance of fitting. Really it's just the "bib" that makes this look bad.

I also bought a generic green skirt by Azone which was great. This is it with the same cardigan above,

azone-mixed-literature-skirt.jpg

• Like 3

BeyondTime
12 hours ago, foo said:

It fits pretty well, the sleeves are the right length and the skirt's height is good too.

I've found Volks skirts are pretty safe, and the tops fit well.

My kingdom for DDP pants. I've looked at some of the Azone pants but the detailing just isn't as nice as Volks.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

I have the Azone AZO2 ladies business suit, which I bought quite a while ago when I thought I'd be buying a DDP (Yayoi). After fully realizing how limited the clothing selections are I dropped the idea for the time, though have started considering it again. That's a long-winded way of saying I can't contribute to the thread right now but might be able to in the future.

To comment on your pictures, I think that they don't really show most of the issues you mentioned. I see the bib effect on the one outfit, but if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have. The only thing that looks noticably off to me is that the Azone cardigan does look too large. Of course, I know that pictures don't show everything, but I'm commenting on that because at least in my own experience, I've noticed how I view my own pictures gets colored by what I know the doll actually looks like, so I tend to "see" things in the pictures that aren't necessarily truly there.

Edited by cfx

foo
1 minute ago, cfx said:

To comment on your pictures, I think that they don't really show most of the issues you mentioned. I see the bib effect on the one outfit, but if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have.

Yeah, I had doubts but I didn't think it was such a poor fit until I compared with the product photos. That's why I think it's still a decent buy, I actually came up with the criticism while writing the post.

The sleeves were pretty obvious when I was putting them on because they were way longer than her arms. The bib didn't feel right because when I dressed her, I couldn't see how the straps were supposed to go around it properly. It does look better if I pull up the dress, actually here's a quick photo,

azo2-literature-raised.jpg

After trying a few things I finally got lucky with friction for it to stay up like that long enough to take a photo. I think the best way would be to use safety pins on the straps behind her back to make them shorter. I think I could also use a pin to make the dress tighter around her waist.

BeyondTime
5 minutes ago, foo said:

After trying a few things I finally got lucky with friction for it to stay up like that long enough to take a photo. I think the best way would be to use safety pins on the straps behind her back to make them shorter. I think I could also use a pin to make the dress tighter around her waist.

I was going to suggest maybe sewing so additional hooks or snaps onto the outfit so that it fits her better. Without knowing how it actually fastens that’s the best I can think of. It looks good on her when it is adjusted properly. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
22 hours ago, foo said:

And here's how it looks with an Azone hat that doesn't fit,

volks-lily.jpg

In case anyone is interested in this cute outfit after seeing it on Iori here, I just noticed it's part of the Volks USA clickwar that takes place 11AM PST tomorrow morning:

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=9588

BeyondTime

I'll post photo's this weekend, but I did find two items on Dollheart that fit DDP pretty well.

This skirt was a bit tight going over the hips, but fit her well once I got past that. I don't think there would be any issue with putting a body stocking under it, other than it being a bit more work to get over the hips.

http://dollheart.net/msd-42cm/casual-wear/doll-heart-fashion-md000361-denim-skirt.html

It wasn't really any tighter than the Volks skirt she is wearing here.

49010029832_9497430208_c.jpg

These jeans shorts were a lot tighter, and they have to be all the way up before they will snap. That said, shorts like this are kind of meant to be tight, and she looked pretty good in them. A body stocking probably isn't an option with these.

http://dollheart.net/msd-42cm/casual-wear/la000371.html

Cauldroness

We had a meet recently where I kidnapped @Galvatim 's DDP and tried some of my AZO2 clothes on her. As best I could tell, items that are "FIT" for the AZO2 C-bust or the Azone 50cm M-bust (maybe also S- and L-bust?) should be pretty decent on the DDP. Items that are "FIT" for AZO2 G- or I-bust are probably going to be too big, especially around the bust and hips.

....mostly I need @Galvatim to bring his DDP over so I can try on my entire AZO2 wardrobe on her and report back.

Azone releases clothing sets every... month-ish or so? Best retailers are usually HobbySearch and AmiAmi for releases. Azone will preview upcoming releases on their blog: https://news.azone-int.jp/

For example, here's the last flyer they did for outfits: https://news.azone-int.jp/archives/28134

We should be due another release fairly soon, probably something holiday-themed...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

BeyondTime

Here is Iori in those shorts.

49063455517_79c8c5d7e1_o.jpg

And here she is in the skirt.

49063456407_e723ab6a87_o.jpg

• Like 3

cfx

Those shorts look a lot nicer than they do in DollHearts' pictures I think; yours don't look excessively distressed like the ones they show on the site.

At first I was going to say you can see how tight they are with how they bulge a bit where the zipper would be, but they are exactly the same way in the Dollheart picture on MDD.

Anyway, they look great. Both of them do, but I like the shorts more than the skirt.

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, cfx said:

At first I was going to say you can see how tight they are with how they bulge a bit where the zipper would be, but they are exactly the same way in the Dollheart picture on MDD.

I think the zipper bulges a bit more on Iori, but I do see that on the dollheart site they bulge a bit on MDD too.

I have to correct something I said earlier. The hard part of both the shorts and the skirt is getting them over her butt. I had some issues getting the Volks skirt off of her, but that was because of the white inner skirt, and not because of the fit. The Volks skirt goes on easily enough.

I think the reason the zipper bulges a bit in both photos is how the pants ride on the hips. If you look at the waist it's a V shape, and I am sure that's affecting the zipper.

I don't really mind the fit though. We’re several years from the release of DDP, and the lack of proper pants is wearing thin. These look pretty good, and finally Iori & Yayoi have something other than full skirts / dresses. The skirt in particular looks more like the sort of casual wear someone in their mid-teens might wear when hanging out with friends.

I think the other big difference is the fit at the leg. These ride high enough up on her legs that they are more like Daisy Dukes than traditional shorts. On the MDD photos on Dollheart it’s the bends in the legs at the hips that make the shorts look a bit off at times. I do think they look good in some of their photos with MDD.

DDP has an advantage in that the line of the hip / leg is more natural. On the older frames the leg bulges out at the joint, and that affects the shape of the clothing. That's vastly improved on F3.

I got their shorts for DD, and the fit is more relaxed. They fit DD well at the waist though, and Dollheart doesn't list SD as a fit on those shorts.

Edited by BeyondTime

Galvatim

@Cauldroness yes, we do need to get together and try outfits on Louise.  Maybe a bonus Levy fashion show, too.  

@BeyondTime Thanks for sharing the Dollheart shorts and skirt, I'll be checking them out.  Hopefully, with the release of standard DDP dolls, Volks will release more DDP sized clothes.  

cfx
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I don't really mind the fit though. We’re several years from the release of DDP, and the lack of proper pants is wearing thin. [...]

I think the other big difference is the fit at the leg. These ride high enough up on her legs that they are more like Daisy Dukes than traditional shorts.

I think the fit is good too, and I was thinking how they look very similar in fit to how the TTYA shorts I have fit on DD.

I just noticed the zipper bit because that's how I am but since it's that way in Dollhearts' MDD picture it's fine.

Most Volks pants I have, have another snap hidden in the middle of the zipper, though it's a longer area than here. I don't know if adding something would be an option or if it would help though. I don't have Volks jeans so I don't know if those are like that.

5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I got their shorts for DD, and the fit is more relaxed. They fit DD well at the waist though, and Dollheart doesn't list SD as a fit on those shorts.

I think they're one of the relatively few companies that make DD-specific clothing alongside SD stuff.

Edited by cfx

cfx

Besides clothing, shoes for DDP aren't so easy to find either with Volks shoes for that size generally selling out even faster than the DD ones.

Has anyone tried any of the Obitsu 50, Azone, or Angel Philia shoes on DDP to see if/how those fit?

Janeway

Here is a DDP in a azone 50cm dress. 

20200621_102219.jpg

• Like 2

Oliver

I just recieved a DDP Coron and i put a dress i bought from IamSunnie on etsy on her. 

Heres a very bad pic:

As you can see its verry short. However i think with some long socks it would look better.

spacer.png

However I also commissiond IamSunnie for another dress. This dress is a lil longer.

I think you could easely ask them to make it even longer. 

Prices are very cheap hower shipping took over a month even before the virus so idk how it would be now...

spacer.png

Edited by Oliver
  • Like 2

blossom

I’m getting DDP Ribbon and i am now having second thoughts after seeing this thread 😫 i didn’t pick her outfit yet.. i was about to get her some MDD clothes but now i worry it will be too short on her.. i can always give them to my MDD though but it would be better if i can get clothes that fits well enough!

so would you all recommend the azone clothes (tight ones) over the mdd ones? 

𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 ꒰ 𝒾𝒸𝒽𝒾𝑔𝑜 𝕄𝔻𝔻 ༘♡༉ ꒱

𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣   ꒰ 𝒜𝓇𝓊𝓇𝓊 𝔻𝔻ℙ ꒱

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

lucidium
5 hours ago, blossom said:

I’m getting DDP Ribbon and i am now having second thoughts after seeing this thread 😫 i didn’t pick her outfit yet.. i was about to get her some MDD clothes but now i worry it will be too short on her.. i can always give them to my MDD though but it would be better if i can get clothes that fits well enough!

so would you all recommend the azone clothes (tight ones) over the mdd ones? 

You could always get her a petticoat that is the correct length, it will peek out beneath dresses and look like an intended inner layer. :)

blossom
On 7/8/2020 at 12:07 AM, lucidium said:

You could always get her a petticoat that is the correct length, it will peek out beneath dresses and look like an intended inner layer. :)

Hm 🤔 i’m also worried the clothes will not fit on her hips honestly- i might just play it safe and buy the volks outfit first!

𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 ꒰ 𝒾𝒸𝒽𝒾𝑔𝑜 𝕄𝔻𝔻 ༘♡༉ ꒱

𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣   ꒰ 𝒜𝓇𝓊𝓇𝓊 𝔻𝔻ℙ ꒱

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

Tira
On 7/9/2020 at 6:12 PM, blossom said:

Hm 🤔 i’m also worried the clothes will not fit on her hips honestly- i might just play it safe and buy the volks outfit first!

I don't have a DDP, but I do have a couple 50cm Obitsus (which are roughly the same size) and in my experience Volks MDD outfits are a fairly good fit in terms of width; the only issue tends to be with length in terms of arms and mostly legs.  If Volks MDD stuff is a fit for DDP, then clothes sized for the 50cm Obitsus should fit them as well.  Any of the Azone stuff that lists the 50cm or 48cm body as a good fit should be fine.  The AZO2 outfits, however, will probably be too large, since the AZO2 girls are curvier.

• Like 1

Janeway

Dollheart  boots fit DDP feet. Pink MSD boots on the right. 

20200720_161246.jpg

Edited by Janeway
  • Like 1

foo

From the Dolpa 43 stuff I tried the Tulle One Piece Dress Set mini. It's got a baggy-look on MSD,

volks-tulle-one-piece-set-mini.jpg

DDP is a slender body, so it doesn't really work,

DSC_0980nx.jpg

I guess the photo doesn't look so bad but it looks like she's wearing layers of clothing for the winter.

The green shirt works well on its own though. It looks ok even though it's oversized by design.

50179083842_2697d96dd2.jpg

A moment at sunset by bodolza, on Flickr

It's worth noting that even the full size version that Sakuya is wearing is also designed to be baggy. That white T-shirt is really loose fitting.

finnleo
On 3/15/2020 at 10:21 PM, cfx said:

Has anyone tried any of the Obitsu 50, Azone, or Angel Philia shoes on DDP to see if/how those fit?

A bit late to reply, but here's the azone FAR224-BLK (or Black suade boots, or something or another) on a ddp -

a bit dark, but you get the idea that they go on:

49836563256_d49ea28951_b.jpg

frank036

And the general outfit be the Volks MDD/MSD brown caramel vest set.

foo

Here's an MDD set on Mayoi and Iori,

51034641957_9f8942033a_c.jpg

volks-indigo-mini-iori.jpg

It's really adorable on MDD but actually fits Iori well, despite the neck being baggy. The only problem is that it comes with socks and they only properly fit MDD. I haven't taken a photo, but MDD legs are chubbier and so while the foot fits fine, they don't hug the leg on DDP. It doesn't look completely terrible.... ok well here's a quick photo,

volks-indigo-mini-sock-on-ddp.jpg

It's loose, and ideally you'd pull that sock up higher towards her knee. It's not the kind of material to stay stretched like that though.

CherryPi

DDP owners rejoice! I found an Etsy shop called "Cheerydoll". They have a few super cute DDP outfits. They're a bit pricey, but they're made just for DDP dolls! They're on the more girly/cutesy side, and they even have a poodle coat. 😄

• Like 1