Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BiscuitBoxx

Hi, I’m new here.

BiscuitBoxx

Hello, I’ve come here because I signed up to DoA and realised through some kind lovelies that this place seems to be more closer to what i’m looking for.

which happens to be Anime styled BJD.

I haven’t gotten a doll yeah but I am looking/saving up for a Dollfie Dream, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, BiscuitBoxx said:

Hello, I’ve come here because I signed up to DoA and realised through some kind lovelies that this place seems to be more closer to what i’m looking for.

which happens to be Anime styled BJD.

I haven’t gotten a doll yeah but I am looking/saving up for a Dollfie Dream, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum.

Which DD are you looking at?

If you are looking for anime styled resins you should look at http://www.sqlabdolls.com/

I mention them because Dollfie / Smartdoll / Obitsu aren't a true BJD in the classic sense. They're more like a giant action figure based on Volks BJDs. They have some advantages over resins like an internal frame, which allows more dynamic posing, and lighter weight. You can also swap in different bust sizes, and resins usually don't seem to offer than option. The disadvantage of vinyl bodies is they stain.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Welcome! @onion12@

Besides SQ Labs, I think there is another resin company or two making anime-styled dolls, but I can't remember who it was.

Vinyl dolls are great of course and we're not trying to steer you away from that; it's just your post reads a bit like you might be looking for resin instead or as well.

BiscuitBoxx

6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Welcome to the forum.

Which DD are you looking at?

If you are looking for anime styled resins you should look at http://www.sqlabdolls.com/

I mention them because Dollfie / Smartdoll / Obitsu aren't a true BJD in the classic sense. They're more like a giant action figure based on Volks BJDs. They have some advantages over resins like an internal frame, which allows more dynamic posing, and lighter weight. You can also swap in different bust sizes, and resins usually don't seem to offer than option. The disadvantage of vinyl bodies is they stain.

I’m currently looking at the DDP Coron standard model. The ordering / preodering process seems a bit funky and I’m not even sure if I can get Coron, but I would really want to. I am keeping my options open but the more I look at the Dollfie Dreams the more I want one. ^-^

1 hour ago, cfx said:

Welcome! @onion12@

Besides SQ Labs, I think there is another resin company or two making anime-styled dolls, but I can't remember who it was.

Vinyl dolls are great of course and we're not trying to steer you away from that; it's just your post reads a bit like you might be looking for resin instead or as well.

Thank you for replying! I am keeping my options open but Vinyl seems super appealing to me. Don’t worry I’m going to try and make myself as informed as possible before making my decision.

BeyondTime

Any standard model will restock if they sell out. 

With DDP you are mostly limited to MDD clothing and shoe options, and not even all MDD outfits work. DDP have a different leg fit so MDD outfits with pants are a no go. Some Azone clothes may work too. 

I’d recomend looking at clothes on the Volks website and setting the filter to DDP. Also check the DD sized clothing options. 

Part of the fun is new clothing, wigs, and eyes. Wigs and eyes are compatible across all Volks Vinyl models, but clothes are not. You may find the expanded outfit options makes DD or DDS more appealing. 

For another Vinyl anime doll option you could look at Smartdoll. Their size is a bit different from DD, but the clothes are very hip and trendy imo; they’re also more expensive. A pair of Smartdoll pants costs as much as a Volks outfit. They are nice though. 

There are a lot of folks here with different types of dolls, so there is plenty of info to be found. Don’t be afraid to post questions in the Q&A threads. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

By "Down Under" I'm assuming you are in Australia. If so, you can ignore any discussions you see here about Volks USA as you won't be able to order from them. So your options are Volks Japan webstore or one of the DD Friend Shops.

DDP Coron is a standard model and will eventually be just like ordering any other standard item. For now, there was a delay in producing the initial batch so it's like a short-term preoorder where you can buy her now, but she won't be shipped until estimated some time in November.

As @BeyondTime mentioned, for now clothing for DDP is a bit limited; we have a couple of threads here discussing some options for that:

One thing to keep in mind is that Volks doesn't go back and retroactively re-rate clothing for fit. The first DDPs were Iori and Yayoi, announced late 2015. So MDD outfits from that time frame and on will say if they fit DDP; older ones won't. It's fairly easy to guess though; if they are dresses or with skirts, they'll likely work. If they are pants; they won't because of the different leg length and also differences in the hips and thighs.

If you're curious about any specific outfit you can ask here and someone may have tried it.

• Thanks 1

BiscuitBoxx

@BeyondTime and @cfx thank you very much! Yes I happen to be Australian, and I do realise that DDP is less standard in terms of sizing but I think that makes her more Unique. I shall shop around and take a peak at the clothing to see what my options are.

thank you again, super helpful. ☺️ 

BeyondTime

If you look at third party companies for clothing, stuff that lists MSD or MDD should work for DDP as long as it doesn’t include pants. I’m not sure any of them list DDP on their sites yet.