Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Poofiemus

Cosclay: New Flexible Polymer Clay

Poofiemus

https://www.cosclay.com/

So there's a new polymer clay that just started its kickstarter, though it's been in open beta testing for like, a year. Unlike polymer clays like Sculpy or Fimo, this stuff is flexible after baking, almost like rubber. It also supposedly has near zero shrinkage.

So while I was originally stoked for it for making figurines, I realized this may actually have a lot of potential for doll customizing and accessories. Posable wings and tails, removable, flexible elf or other fantasy ears, armature-compatible custom hands or feet, flexible masks or armor pieces, maybe even things like sculpted hair. It's going to take some experimentation to find what actually works, sure, but there's way more possible thanks to the flexible nature than there is with traditional polymer clays.

Personally, I'm probably going to start with elf ears for my MDD Abby and possibly a pair of custom boots for the new Obitsu 11 I'm working on, as far as doll stuff goes. What projects do you guys see this stuff being used for?

• Like 2

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

DML

I can see it definitely working for Elf ears and Armor, swords and maybe accessories. If it does exactly what it says it does.

Poofiemus
35 minutes ago, Meow said:

I can see it definitely working for Elf ears and Armor, swords and maybe accessories. If it does exactly what it says it does.

From videos from the beta testers, yeah, it sure seems to! The very first thing I intend to make is actually a sculpture, but after that I'm hyped to try some doll related stuff.

Mega Negi

looks too flexible for most weapons, but it would make putting on armored pieces so much easier due to the flexibility. Backing this one.

Poofiemus

@Mega Negi Yeah, for an entire weapon, unless it's a whip or something, it might be a bit awkward; but for fiddly parts that would otherwise be too fragile, like maybe filigree crossguards, it'd be awesome.

DML
23 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

The very first thing I intend to make is actually a sculpture, but after that I'm hyped to try some doll related stuff.

I will definitely check this polymer Clay out, and try making a few doll accessories. Looks like fun stuff to work with.

Poofiemus
On 10/31/2019 at 11:12 AM, Meow said:

I will definitely check this polymer Clay out, and try making a few doll accessories. Looks like fun stuff to work with.

Oh, yeah, I'm so looking forward to playing with it. I'm really hoping it does work out for elf ears, lol, but it would be nice to also make things like horns that you don't have to worry about cracking if your doll takes a faceplant at a meetup.

• Like 1

Poofiemus

I just got the request for my shipping address from thr Cosclay guys. Looks like everything is on schedule! I r HYPED

Mega Negi

they said they are shipping out the first batch of orders. can't wait.

Mega Negi

My order of CosClay arrived just as the county went into a Shelter in Place lockdown. The timing couldn't have been better!

• Like 1

Kailyn

I can't wait to see what you make. I am trying to plan to make armor from foam and was looking at the foam clay. This has possibilities too!