Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

MDD Arle 2nd Ver.

DML
4 hours ago, cfx said:

The order summary email is confusing as it lists the item costs, a subtotal, shipping cost, and a total. The subtotal is the items + commission fee + insurance but those amounts aren't shown in the email.

2900 yen seems low for shipping a doll but perhaps it is less for a MDD.

Yes that is your Shipping fee, but it dont stop there. Once it reaches the US you will pay for Handling fee, and your Customs fee (VAT TAX) depending on how much it is for your country.

Tira
4 hours ago, Meow said:

Yes that is your Shipping fee, but it dont stop there. Once it reaches the US you will pay for Handling fee, and your Customs fee (VAT TAX) depending on how much it is for your country.

The US doesn't have customs fees for things from Japan at least, and I've never had to pay a handling fee later in the process either.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Tira said:

The US doesn't have customs fees for things from Japan at least, and I've never had to pay a handling fee later in the process either.

That's not quite correct. In the US, Custom fees are based on the type of goods being imported, not on the point of origin. The US has no custom fees on dolls & doll related items like doll clothing.

I have paid customs on Music CDs from Japan.

What you may have to contend with is Use Tax if your state has a Use Tax. Usually this is equal to your Sales Tax, and gets paid as a part of filling out your state income tax form; if the seller hasn’t already collected it as a part of the sale  

Edit:

This explains how the US determines what goods are subject to import fees: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonized_Tariff_Schedule_of_the_United_States

There is a link to the official document at the bottom. Probably more than you want to know since what we really care about here is doll stuff.

There are a few countries where we impose higher or lower than normal fees, but Japan is not on that list.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Congratulations to those who wanted Arle and got her in the clickwar. Looking at this and the other threads I think most of you were successful?

I wanted to point this out because I thought it was funny. I know that there is a certain collector aspect to this hobby where the original release of something may hold value over a rerelease, but the disparity here just really struck me as odd.

Mandarake just stocked an Arle 2nd release, unused, for 90,000 yen:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1128557663&categoryCode=020114&lang=en

Meanwhile, the original release is still 160,000 yen. It popped back up near the top which usually, but not always, means they also just got one in:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1118519336categoryCode=020114&lang=en

So for the moment, the new release has had no effect on the original release's pricing. Since as posted further up her eyes changed a bit and I think her wig changed, there are also little reasons someone might prefer one version over the other.

Kotone

Yeah, I noticed the aftermarket prices too. I’m glad I like Arle 2nd’s eyes and wig better. That and it MDDIII bodies have a habit of cracking at the socket that holds the lower arm (but only on the doll’s left side for some reason) and the f3 so far doesn’t.

cfx

I haven't really noticed the eye difference that much in pictures, but I definitely like her better with the less poofy wig of the new release.

Looking again now, I think the slightly darker eyes give her less of a blank stare type of look which is also good.

I don't know what prices looked like at the time of release, but the older DDs that got rereleased like Sasara sell for pretty close to the same price for both versions now.

Monty
9 hours ago, cfx said:

Congratulations to those who wanted Arle and got her in the clickwar. Looking at this and the other threads I think most of you were successful?

It's surprising to me because absolutely nobody in my friend groups - both east and west and despite best efforts - were able to even access the web store until she was already sold out. I'm glad a few people here managed to get her but it definitely doesnt seem representative...I saw many tears on twitter ._. 

The former version being still worth more than the new version doesn't surprise me too much, I saw the same with Black Cat Renee (the old release did look different but the new version is definitely way more modern looking for Volks) - but its still pretty ironic and funny. I imagine the price might go down a little eventually but it's still hard to imagine anyone finding the old version preferable - especially because the only bonus the old version has over the new one was the slightly cheaper RRP. (Unless you were just -that- desperate for a MDDIII body as opposed to f3, in which case it'd still be cheaper to buy aftermarket Arle2 and aftermarket MDDIII separate.)

Edited by Monty

cfx
3 hours ago, Monty said:

It's surprising to me because absolutely nobody in my friend groups - both east and west and despite best efforts - were able to even access the web store until she was already sold out. I'm glad a few people here managed to get her but it definitely doesnt seem representative...I saw many tears on twitter ._. 

That's the exact experience I had trying to get Ranko; I couldn't access the site at all and by the time I could, about 30 minutes after it started I think, she was sold out. Looking at the time stamps of when I posted that happened and another member who posted when he first saw she was gone, I'm pretty sure I missed her by at least 5 minutes as well.

I also noticed I had been logged back out of the site so even if anything was available when I finally got in, it may not have lasted until I managed to check out. I had logged in before the event started but that didn't help any since that didn't hold.

While I'm not happy that so many weren't able to get what they wanted, I feel less alone in my misery now as just reading here it felt like I was an outlier in not being successful.

Edit: Mandarake either raised the price on that Arle 2nd or they sold and got another; either way she's 100K instead of 90K now.

Edited by cfx

Ren

I didn't have much luck either... @onion2@

I was hoping to get back into DD with Arle but maybe it's not ment to be @onion32@

• Sad 1

BeyondTime

Reposting this, since the Volks USA site is having issues.

• Lottery Period: Acceptance from Feb 1st to Feb 10th, 2020 @4:00PM(PT)
  • Results Announcement: By Feb 21st, 2020 @4:00PM(PT)
  • Payment Due: By Feb 24th, 2020 @9:00AM(PT)
  • Delivery Date: Sequentially delivered starting End of March, 2020

*Please note that this schedule is subject to change.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Sundae

Wait, so is it completely impossible to get Arle outside of the lottery & after-market now?

Because I live in Europe and have no way of entering the lottery, so my only hope is Friend Shops.
But all of them say that they're Out of Stock and I'm lowkey starting to get worried I missed my only chance at ever getting her without added import costs.

BeyondTime
21 minutes ago, Sundae said:

Wait, so is it completely impossible to get Arle outside of the lottery & after-market now?

If the friend shops don't have her you will need to go to the aftermarket. What you might try doing is email the friend shops and find out if "out-of-stock" means they have sold out, or if they just haven't gotten their allotment of dolls in yet.

If you do go aftermarket, use Yahoo Japan Auctions, don't pay eBay prices unless she is selling at the same price as she does on Yahoo Japan.

One other option you may have is that if someone here on the forum wins her, and decides to sell her, you may be able to pick her up for a good price.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Thanks 1

cfx

Reminder that the Arle lottery at Volks USA starts tomorrow, February 1, and ends February 10 at 4PM PST. No time is given for the start tomorrow.

Juxtaposition

I entered the lottery for Arle! Here's to hoping they have a lot of her so everyone who enters can get one of their very own! 😍

BeyondTime

Good luck to everyone who enters. Knowing how popular she is I hope they have lots of them.

Jezrah

Entered. This is the first doll lottery I've entered since Melty v1, and only my third ever. Most of my dolls were preorders, direct buys, or second hand. I never entered a lottery on Volks Int, and now they don't do them anymore. 

I'm trying not to think too hard about this entry, because I would looooove to adopt Arle, but only at a reasonable price. If I don't win her, then I have to give up.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Moonsour

I entered! >_< I had been dreaming of Arle but didn't think I'd have the funds in time.Here's hoping I can get her! I don't go for second hand prices, so this would be my only shot.

Ylse

Good luck to everyone who entered! I have a confession to make: I bought Arle on the aftermarket. I found someone who wanted to sell her and it only cost me around 50 euro's more (at that time of conversion). Seeing some other prices I think that's not bad of a deal. It isn't possible for me to enter the Volks USA lottery since I'm here in Europe so this was the only option. Volks Europe when? 😅🤣

I actually picked her up today and I think that she is even more cute and gorgeous in real life! 😍 So I hope you all are succesfull at getting her via the lottery 😄

• Like 3

cfx

Just a reminder that today, February 10, is the last day to enter the Volks USA lottey for Arle. Ending time is stated to be 4PM Pacific Standard Time.

Jezrah

Awesome, that means I'll know if I have any doll funds left or not before the upcoming clothing lottery is over.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg