Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Pronouns

BeyondTime

Would it be possible to add a thing for a persons pronouns to the profile displayed with posts? Maybe right under the username. I see more and more people posting that info in their profiles on social media, and it can be a big issue for people if the right ones aren't used. It would be useful on the sidebar profile, so people responding can see it as they respond.

• Like 4

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

CuteOne

I like the idea, I'd second this suggestion. It's can sometimes prove difficult to find out a persons pronouns, a little display would be lovely. It's also very common to assume that most people in the doll hobby are female and thus, sometimes, people will call someone she/her on accident (I've been guilty) so if we could alleviate this that'd be lovely.

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

cfx

For those who feel this is an important thing, wouldn't putting it in Member Title under Edit Profile be enough?

It'll show up right under name and member on every post, like MikuMikuMiku does on my posts.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, cfx said:

For those who feel this is an important thing, wouldn't putting it in Member Title under Edit Profile be enough?

It'll show up right under name and member on every post, like MikuMikuMiku does on my posts.

That would certainly work, but people generally seem to use that for fanciful titles, and pronouns aren't titles as far as I am aware. There is also something about having specific thing for pronouns that might make people more comfortable.

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

There's still also the Custom Title field which shows up under location, which from what I've noticed is what most people are using for fanciful titles (probably because I think the titles from the old forum went to that field by default).

BeyondTime

That might open up an option. I don't think we really need two title fields, one could be renamed and given a label on the display. 

cfx
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I don't think we really need two title fields, one could be renamed and given a label on the display. 

If this is done, it needs to be optional where it doesn't show up at all if one doesn't want to use it.

There are people who don't care about this at all, or more importantly, do not want to specify it, as evidenced by the number of users here with gender set to private in profiles. Accomodating one small vocal group of people should not be done at the expense of everyone else.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

BeyondTime

I’m not suggesting it should be mandatory, I am suggesting it as an option. 

• Like 1

deinosor

I think this would be a nice option to have (and yes, of course provided that it didn't become mandatory). I also agree that people are more likely to feel comfortable giving their pronouns if there's a specific field inviting them to do so. For me that would feel less like drawing attention to myself with it, somehow.

• Like 2

Pronouns: she/her

RainbowNanaki
22 minutes ago, deinosor said:

I think this would be a nice option to have (and yes, of course provided that it didn't become mandatory). I also agree that people are more likely to feel comfortable giving their pronouns if there's a specific field inviting them to do so. For me that would feel less like drawing attention to myself with it, somehow.

Yeah, I have mine in my signature simple because potentially outing myself as transgender is a risk I am wiling to take if it means that for maybe one day I won't be misgendered somewhere online or otherwise. It would be nice if it could simply signify how I wish to be addressed, but that isn't the world we live in. Having to go out of my way to specifically list my pronouns in a space meant for other things absolutely draws attention to it, especially when it is not the norm.

If anyone is upset at the idea of having an option to list information in a dedicated space because it would be helpful to some people, then that is their problem, not mine. I would imagine it would be similar to the location field - if one did not want to list that information out of fear of being doxxed or something, then no one is forcing them to. And yet, I haven't seen anyone calling for the removal of the feature because someone might want to opt out.

• Like 3

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

michinyan

I’m struggling to figure out how an optional field for pronouns is an expense to others.

I think it’s a good idea though— it certainly wouldn’t hurt. Maybe even a second custom title field would suffice, so those who don’t want to display their pronouns can either leave it blank or add whatever else they like.

• Like 2

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, michinyan said:

I’m struggling to figure out how an optional field for pronouns is an expense to others.

That’s kind of where I am coming from. I’m biologically male, and I use he/his/him. Doesn’t hurt me one iota to accommodate folks who are different though, and has the added boon of allowing me to clarify so I’m not referred to as anything other than than what I am. 

• Like 6

baldylox

Alright, before this gets out of hand or turns sour, I'm locking this.

I think both options that CFX gave are more than enough for people if they want this pronoun option.  Either field will show up in an obvious place and it is easy to go in and change or add.

Billy

• Thanks 4

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.