Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
BeyondTime

Volks USA Special Holiday Event

BeyondTime

Nov 15th 11 AM to Nov 25th 4 PM.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=1791

Limited DD and outfits. So far what is up is all Vocaloids.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani

Wish Japan did events like these. Where is USA even hiding these dolls? I guess they keep some back specifically to beef up these limited sales periods or something..

BeyondTime

I think they hold back dolls and outfits for special events. If this is anything like last year they may add more items as the event progresses. 

I’d expect the holiday one-offs to reappear too. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

For anyone looking and that cares about the difference, notice the Miku listed here is the original DDIII version, not DD-f3 Miku Reboot.

Edit: I am wrong.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

sahn

I might get Rin, but I also was thinking of trying for Arle and can't really justify two dolls budget-wise. Decisions...

If they do add more items I hope for the Kagamine Magical Mirai happis.

c4tbus

@cfx i think you are mistaken. the snow miku is the original version (i don’t think she’s been released with the f3 frame anyways) but original miku is the reboot version, with f3 frame and a slightly higher price tag. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, sky said:

I might get Rin, but I also was thinking of trying for Arle and can't really justify two dolls budget-wise. Decisions...

If they do add more items I hope for the Kagamine Magical Mirai happis.

If you have to pick between the two I think your best bet is go for Arle. Rin will be re-released again, and Arle is much less likely to see another re-release.

The flip-side is you will almost certainly be able to buy Rin in this event, but Arle isn't likely to have any sort of certainty. She'll either be lottery or click war through Volks Japan, and lottery through Volks USA.

• Like 2

sahn
44 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

If you have to pick between the two I think your best bet is go for Arle. Rin will be re-released again, and Arle is much less likely to see another re-release.

The flip-side is you will almost certainly be able to buy Rin in this event, but Arle isn't likely to have any sort of certainty. She'll either be lottery or click war through Volks Japan, and lottery through Volks USA

Thanks, I think I will just wait for Arle. I can see her still having a high aftermarket price as well even after the second release.

Rin will always be there if I fail for Arle too, Volks USA will probably do another event with her for Miku Expo 2020. 😁

cfx
11 hours ago, c4tbus said:

@cfx i think you are mistaken. the snow miku is the original version (i don’t think she’s been released with the f3 frame anyways) but original miku is the reboot version, with f3 frame and a slightly higher price tag. 

You're right and I edited. From the main page, the word "reboot" isn't there, and what really made me think otherwise is that I forgot Volks used the exact same main picture for both this and the original release. I think the price being less than Luka added to me thinking that it was the original release too.

Sorry for any confusion I caused.

@onion16@

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, cfx said:

You're right and I edited. From the main page, the word "reboot" isn't there, and what really made me think otherwise is that I forgot Volks used the exact same main picture for both this and the original release. I think the price being less than Luka added to me thinking that it was the original release too.

Sorry for any confusion I caused.

@onion16@

I thought the same thing. I figured this was existing Miku stock, because the root listing wasn't labeled reboot.

Luka comes with a bit more than Miku. She has an outfit and the headset, but also has a fancy microphone, more complex plastic bits for her dress, and the plushie.

Edited by BeyondTime

LynaLune

How long does Volks USA usually take to ship from these events? 

cfx

I don't know if it was typical, but for the LA Dolpa After Event lottery event last month, I ordered on 10/18 and my order was shipped on 10/24.

In general, I find Volks USA to take about a week to ship so it seemed about the same as any other time I've ordered from them.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

cfx

There's another event, starting December 1, a clickwar for various DDs and outfits including Sailor Mars and Mercury, Asuna Titania and Kirito, Santa Alter, Yuriko, and Mataoi, plus a number of limited outfits such as the white Holy Night Grifter Idolmaster Christmas outfit for $118 and Matoi's pastry girl outfit.

Volks USA December Holiday Event Page

growcian

Aw, 💩.

I'll be forced into the clickwar because I want the Holy Night Gifter.

@onion10@@onion13@

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

cfx

I always misread the name of that as Holy Night Grifter. @onion9@

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

I have been mentally been running in circles screaming for the past few minutes because FINALLY A FULL SIZE DD BOY!

...which I cannot afford at all, of course. But IT EXISTS NOW. GIVE US STANDARD BOYS VOLKS.

growcian

Based on the availability of items in a clickwar and what might be necessary to acquire them, "Grifter" sounds about right. 😭

• Like 2

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

cfx
5 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

I have been mentally been running in circles screaming for the past few minutes because FINALLY A FULL SIZE DD BOY!

...which I cannot afford at all, of course. But IT EXISTS NOW. GIVE US STANDARD BOYS VOLKS.

Kirito has existed since 2017: https://www.volks.co.jp/swordart_online/en/dd_kirito/

Poofiemus
6 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

...Oops. I kinda just got back into the hobby this year, so...my b.

(honestly, i'm excited to hear about any vinyl boy dolls, there's not nearly enough)

The other way to get DD boys right now is through Dream Choice, kind of the DD version of the Full Choice System, but that's only in Akihabara Doll Point. 

That said, I have a Kirito that I modded into Yuuri Katsuki from Yuuri on Ice and I adore him. (I changed the shape of his eyeholes and gave him a new faceup.) Don't let the Volks pictures fool you, his mouth is not nearly as close to his chin as those shots make it look. In fact, the mouth is one of my favorite parts of the Kirito sculpt. 

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Monty
3 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

...Oops. I kinda just got back into the hobby this year, so...my b.

(honestly, i'm excited to hear about any vinyl boy dolls, there's not nearly enough)

As Poofiemus said, the DD Boy and DDS Boy bodies have existed a few years now but aside from 3 limited dolls (Len, Kirito and 9S - due out next month) the only method is Dream Choice, Akiba Doll Point's exclusive service. (So we can get them in tan skin now, too) I know several people have acquired one by using a proxy (or just visiting Tokyo/the store itself if they're lucky enough). Previously, the DDP body was only available on two limited character dolls, then was available through Dream Choice, then came out as a standard item anyone can purchase, and now there are two brand new DDP standard girls. This whole process took a few years, and I'm hoping that the DD boy bodies will eventually follow a similar route. There doesn't have to be standard boys, I'd just like to be able to buy the bodies without having to buy an entire doll or have to hunt one down second hand.
If you're interested in how some of these Dream Choice boys look, there's some examples on the website here:
https://www.volks.co.jp/dolpo/dreamchoice/

Edited by Monty

monkeypizzasonic

I had no idea you could get boys through Dream Choice! We actually might be going to Japan in a few years, and I was already planning to check that place out, but if they have custom boys then I'll definitely have to buy one!

(My other option was to go to the SmD store and pray they had boys in stock then, but I like this better)

• Like 1

LynaLune

Apparently there is a delay in shipping until early December for the Luka happi. 

Edited by LynaLune

BeyondTime

Just a reminder that the Dec 1st event has started.