Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DesertPhantom51

Monthly Outfits

DesertPhantom51

Every month I change my girls clothes to match the theme of the month/season, so I thought I'd start sharing the photos on here each month!  To start, I have the photos from October and November to post!  To start, this was October I themed her for Oktoberfest to start.  Unfortunately, her Halloween costume for the second half of the month didn't come together in time, but hopefully next year I'll have it!20191001_141353.jpg.2c7d04b7fd14b5368aacd25337a5f3ad.jpg

For November, I just wanted her to have a fun fall look, I had a different sweater to change out the one that came with this set, but when it arrived it was lighter than it looked on my monitor, so it made the dress look dingy.  So I stuck with the set sweater from Volks.  

20191109_191851.jpg.fc3ffa7b1260976d82a796c7d16e7cca.jpg

• Like 13

DesertPhantom51

I have a few more pics from previous months, but I wanted to start with those two as I'll be updating each month moving forward.  Coordinating her outfit for each month has become my favorite part of owning a doll. :)

c4tbus

this is so cute! what a fun way to celebrate the seasons with your gorgeous girl! i love her pose in the november photo too, so elegant and natural! 😍

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

Thank you so much!  Posing was one of the things I had to work on the most, when I first got her she was so static.  It's nice to know that I'm getting better. :)

• Like 1

Riesz

She's so cute!! I can't wait to see her next seasonal outfit :)

• Like 2

Sord

Cool! Samus looks great in those outfits.

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

The Holiday Season is upon us!  I hope everyone has a safe and happy season!  Here's December's Outfit! 

Samus Christmas.jpg

Edited by DesertPhantom51
  • Like 12

riyacchi

Lovely pictures! You've inspired me to take a similar approach to changing my girl's outfits.

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope it's a good one.  This month I wanted to do kind of a fun winter/New Years Eve in New York kinda vibe.  I love the way the outfit came together, but I'm not 100% on the pose.  

20200102_182713.jpg

• Like 6

DesertPhantom51

February is here with Valentines just around the corner, so I hand-made some props to go with her outfit this month.  Happy Valentines everyone! 

20200210_203754.jpg

• Like 7

DesertPhantom51

Thanks!  I've been thinking about ways to include the metroid in the monthly theme more.  I think I'm going to start needing props for it too. :)

TheWhiteRabbit

very cute outfits! I love matching my girls to themes when I can. I really enjoy the cute little Metroid in all your pictures, the holiday one is particularly cute. 

• Like 1

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

DesertPhantom51

March is here, and I didn't have a good outfit for St. Patrick's Day, and I didn't want to buy or make one as I'm saving money for her new sister to finish being built by next month.  So I hope everyone has a comfy and relaxing March!

20200301_145549.jpg

• Like 7

DesertPhantom51

Happy April everyone, I have two pics this month as I couldn't decide on which angle I like more.  I also tried to edit out the stand for the first time, I have a lot more spare time now, as I'm sure most of you do too.  I was supposed to have my second doll by now, but with Covid and all, I delayed getting the last parts until things are a bit more back to normal.  Until then, Samus is doing just fine solo! 

20200401_003552.jpg

20200401_003729_edit.jpg

PS.  I know the Metroid has been missing last month and this, it's still around and I'll be bringing it back in soon, and may update this month with another photo.  

Edited by DesertPhantom51
  • Like 12

lardroom

I wish the umbrella spokes where white or pink since it would make the first picture's halo of sakura absolutely perfect.

Thanks for doing these monthly.

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

You're right, that would make it perfect.  It's a bummer too that the color of the sakura doesn't come through the umbrella more.  It's really vibrant pink on the top of the umbrella.  

DesertPhantom51

April showers brought May flowers, and a new friend for Samus!  Emma, as she's named, finally came together about a week ago and I couldn't be happier she was here in time for May Day!  So I took this first picture before I finished putting on Em's glasses and necklace, but dang if it didn't come out perfect.  I tried to recreate the picture once the accessories were in place, but it didn't come out as good.  These are also just her placeholder eyes until her real ones come in (Volks type U Wakaba).  Regardless, hope everyone has a safe and good month!

MVIMG_20200422_195306_1 (2).jpg

• Like 8

DesertPhantom51

Late spring and early summer, June has always been one of my favorite months.  Camping has always been ingrained in my mind as being a part of the month, as the weather in the mountains is usually gorgeous with cold nights still hanging on before the long burn of real summer really comes on.  This year especially with being cooped up for months has me longing to get away.  Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe month!

final June.jpg

• Like 9

lardroom

I was hoping for Samus in a metroid bikini...maybe next month.

I love these themed outfits.

• Thanks 1

Pit

I can hear the metroid singing while marshmallows are roasting. Great photo!!!

• Thanks 1

DesertPhantom51
1 hour ago, lardroom said:

I was hoping for Samus in a metroid bikini...maybe next month.

I love these themed outfits.

I have a bikini for her, but I have been so unhappy with every swimsuit I've got her.  This time last year she wore it and I've bought so many more swimsuits since then trying to get one I like!  As for next month, the theme is Theme Parks, I've got some super fun Disney themed outfits for them.  

23 minutes ago, Pit said:

I can hear the metroid singing while marshmallows are roasting. Great photo!!!

Thanks!  I keep trying to come up with fun ways to incorporate the metroid in the monthly pics.  The last few months have been a little hard to work in, but I'm glad to have it back. :)

DesertPhantom51

Thank you both for the compliments!  I'm glad you're enjoying them. :)