Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 86

BeyondTime

Here is their teaser from twitter. It looks like there will be another DD

[Notice] Next week, November 18th (Mon) The latest issue of Volks News "Vol.86" will be issued! Prior to that, we will tweet the advance information of the new DD around 17:00 today! stay tuned! !

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

So the advance information (whatever that means) will be up in just over 4 hours?

Probably reading too much into that to think that new DD means it isn't a rerelease after all.

BeyondTime
48 minutes ago, cfx said:

So the advance information (whatever that means) will be up in just over 4 hours?

Probably reading too much into that to think that new DD means it isn't a rerelease after all.

That’s machine translated, so I wouldn’t read too much into it.  

Still, it wouldn’t surprise me if they do release a new DD alongside Arle, sort of akin to Rin and Takane, or Sakura Miku and Miku Reboot. 

If it is a new DD, I would think that means Best of the Best will likely continue in 2020. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Pit

I'm not very up to date about dd news but in case of a rerelease, just hope It's not Alna, because I'm about to adopt a second handed one. It would be...quite sad.

Edited by Pit

cfx

Akihabara Girls were not something we got to vote on, so Alna would not be a "The Best" rerelease.

riyacchi

I don't think it's a rerelease based off of the Japanese tweet (新作 means a new product/production.) I'm excited to see what gets announced!

cfx

Yeah, so I guess the remaining Best rerelease(s) will be next year. The waiting continues...  @onion2@

• Like 1

BeyondTime
22 minutes ago, cfx said:

Yeah, so I guess the remaining Best rerelease(s) will be next year. The waiting continues...  @onion2@

That might increase the likelihood of it being DDS & DDDy

39 minutes ago, Pit said:

I'm not very up to date about dd news but in case of a rerelease, just hope It's not Alna, because I'm about to adopt a second handed one. It would be...quite sad.

The thing about adopting second hand DDs is you need to be prepared to accept that Volks may rerelease them. Saber has had six releases iirc. That doll that cost $$$$ today, could be a fraction of that tomorrow. You kind of need to enjoy them in spite of that.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

cfx

The cover is Rapunzel, but not the way I expected to see as I thought they'd actually show the doll instead of just a boring Magic Kingdom.

[delted huge pic, see tweet posted below]

Edited by cfx

NeeP

I hope and dread it being a boy...  I am a sucker for boy dolls, but I still need to keep a balance for 9S...

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Pit
1 hour ago, cfx said:

Akihabara Girls were not something we got to vote on, so Alna would not be a "The Best" rerelease.

Didn't know that, ty! 

44 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

That might increase the likelihood of it being DDS & DDDy

The thing about adopting second hand DDs is you need to be prepared to accept that Volks may rerelease them. Saber has had six releases iirc. That doll that cost $$$$ today, could be a fraction of that tomorrow. You kind of need to enjoy them in spite of that.

Agree!! I do know what you say is true because old models are more expensive right now but what really matters is, as you said, enjoy them. But that's not my real issue actually. Maybe i didn't express myself correcly, but what I tried to said is it will be sad in a funny way like:

—hey, guess what? I got a second handed dd!!

—That's nice! but um, did you know volks rerelease her again, totally new and cheaper than you paid of?

—Whaaaat?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! 

Edited by Pit
  • Haha 2

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Please be Jupiter Please be Jupiter Please be Jupiter Please be Jupiter Please be Jupiter Please be Jupiter Please be Jupiter Please be Jupiter  

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Here is the cover, a bit of a departure from the usual fare. 

BeyondTime

So far all they tweeted was Arle.

An earlier tweet did seem to imply two though.

Edited by BeyondTime

archeotech

Little disappointed since this will be my first time going to the dolpa and I already have Arle and Ranko but I'm glad for people who missed them.

Would be nice if they made a new MDD or someone from the Lord El Melloi II case files

cfx

Yes! @onion24@ I wanted Miki more, but Ranko was second on my list so I'm happy.  @onion23@

• Like 2

cfx

So, probably, this is the end of the DD Best rereleases since we got one from each category and they managed to get them all out this year.

That doesn't mean there might not still be some others that might not be labeled as such, as they did last time with DDs like Rin Tohsaka v2.

However, there's still a bunch of categories for SD rereleases they haven't done yet, right?

Edited by cfx

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Aw crap, I was really hoping it would be Jupiter. :( I assumed it was all but guaranteed that another SM doll would be coming this year, if not both Jupiter and Venus! I wonder if they'll come out at a different time or if I'll be waiting until next December lol

• Like 1

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, cfx said:

However, there's still a bunch of categories for SD rereleases they haven't done yet, right?

Pretty sure they have not done an SD16, but they were in with SD, SDGr & SD13. I think they did one of those.

growcian

Now I want to see what other info the pages in VN86 contains. Specifically, I want to see the "Dollfie Life Calendar" and spotlights on new outfits.

@onion35@

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

BeyondTime
12 hours ago, Serena-Hime said:

Aw crap, I was really hoping it would be Jupiter. :( I assumed it was all but guaranteed that another SM doll would be coming this year, if not both Jupiter and Venus! I wonder if they'll come out at a different time or if I'll be waiting until next December lol

AFAIK Jupiter has never been discussed, but I kind of figure if they make Venus they will make her. Venus would make sense as a December doll.

cfx
1 hour ago, growcian said:

Now I want to see what other info the pages in VN86 contains. Specifically, I want to see the "Dollfie Life Calendar" and spotlights on new outfits.

Yes, it's always exciting to see new outfits, even if there's not that often ones I end up wanting to get. I'm curious if they will be any rereleases there or new ones. Back in the VN84 thread, I posted where we stood in terms of rerelease categories, and I decided to do that again and update it with what has happened since.

Dolls:

Designers Collection clothing:

Personelle Collection Blue Label clothing:

Personelle Collection Pink Label clothing:

Akihabara Girls outfits:

DD Accessories:

White Rose Collection:

I'm not sure if the White Rose Collection Ash Rose School Uniforms were a Best rerelease; that page doesn't show the logo so perhaps they were just a regular rerelease.

Some shoes have been rereleased, mostly with new part numbers and slight changes like shiny leather becoming matte. None have the Best logo attached to them, but I'm suspecting Volks isn't going to have an actual "best shoes" rerelease.

Some doll types were combined in voting, as DDS and DDdy were. Making the assumption that each category may only have one rerelease, the ones we are still missing are:

• Chibi dress
  • DD Collaboration Models Limited Outfit
  • Personelle Collection Black Label clothing
  • SD Full Choice System Optional Item / Omukae (Welcoming) Outfit
  • SD Limited Models: MSD, MSDB, SDM, SDMB, SDCute, SDCuteB
  • SD Limited Models: Yo-SD, Yo-SDB, Yo-Midi, Yo-MidiB
  • SD Limited Models: Tenshi-no-Sato Limited Models
  • SD Original Stories: Fanciful characters

It sticks out to me that there isn't yet a Personelle Collection Black Label rerelease since the others have happened. The British Style Suits from February are a different color rerelease, but they don't show the logo there unless it is an oversight.

I don't want to dwell on SDs since they are off-topic here, but:

12 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Pretty sure they have not done an SD16, but they were in with SD, SDGr & SD13. I think they did one of those.

Looking back, there was one big voting group for SD adult girls (SD, SD13, SDGr, SD16) and one for adult guys (SDB, SD13B, SDGrB, SD16B, SD17B, SDGou). Looked at by category, they've covered these.

Some of the rereleases have been limited in how you could get them. Nanami's guitar was in-store only, and @Monty mentioned in another thread that SD Tyltyl was in-store only and very very limited as well.

I may have overlooked something that's been rereleased, or a category that hasn't, but that's what I managed to put together. I guess the summation of that is, they have covered many of the categories this year. With the outfits, it's clear they may rerelease more than one thing per category; so far with the dolls there's no indication they will do that.

BeyondTime
38 minutes ago, cfx said:

Looking back, there was one big voting group for SD adult girls (SD, SD13, SDGr, SD16) and one for adult guys (SDB, SD13B, SDGrB, SD16B, SD17B, SDGou). Looked at by category, they've covered these.

So at a minimum they still have MSD / SDM / YoSD. I don't recall all the others, but there were more categories including a next doll concept category.