Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Ahri

Colour compatibility?

Ahri

Good day guys!

I'm really new to Smarts dolls but I'd like to switch as I wasn't as much as satisfied as I was before with my last and unique resin doll (Minifee Chloe). 

I always read dolldreaming forum topics, even before they changed to this new forum (I was just very shy to join!).

My issue is the next, having the next considerations:

• I'm from Chile, Quarantotto doesn't ship Internationally and Faithz doesn't have that type of head or any similar to the one I'd like to have.
  • I'd like to buy it on White skin (as my boyfriend prefer that skin - it's our first proyect together!).
  • I saw that AP body it's on the skeleton of an Obitsu48 so, If I'm correct, neck circunference should be 8.5 cm, right?
  • If I wanted to ''fit'' this resin head http://dolkus.com/detail.php?id=46186, that is 7cm, I would have to modify the head and the neck? 

Would it look to strange? Also that head is only on Antique coral and I'd like to acquire a White skin head, If I decide to go for it, would it be dificult to do a skin match?

Thanks guys! I'll be waiting for some wisdom here !

Testament

Ok, (note: Smarts dolls are different from AP etc) I don't know about color matching, what I can say is that judging by wig and eye size, the resin head you linked is very similar to a standard Angel Philia head.

But... how the neck joint works for that head? There's no photo of the interior and obitsu neck is very unique.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Cauldroness

Oooooof, putting a resin head on an Obitsu frame. It CAN be done, but it won't necessarily be an easy mod. Personally, that's one I would never want to do -- and that's before you get into color matching issues. You'd probably have to blush the entire head to match the body. This is a REALLY big and difficult project to take on for your first vinyl doll.

Perhaps a better option would be to look at Obitsu, Parabox, and Azone. Heads from the Obitsu 50cm collection will fit perfectly (and easily) on the Angel Philia body, and Obitsu "whitey" will match AP "white." No colormatching required!

Parabox offers a wide range of heads that are correctly sized for AP -- and again, the Parabox "white" will match AP "white." https://paraboxshop.jp/index_en_jpy_133-140.html

Azone also offers 45cm and 50cm girls. Heads aren't sold separately, but they will fit on AP bodies (and again, a white/white skin match).

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

K-2

A couple of notes...

AP bodies also come using the 50cm Obitsu body, although not as much as they used to. Most of the H Type parts employ the 48cm internal skeleton. The difference between the 48cm and 50 cm is all in the legs. Other body parts (torso, bust, arms, feet) are identical.

As well as the other brands mentioned (Obitsu, Parabox, Azone), Visuadoll girls also use the stock Obitsu 50cm platform. There are two Visuadoll girls: Moegi and Sora for you to consider. Visuadolls only come in white skin.

https://www.google.com/search?q=visuadoll&sxsrf=ACYBGNROY3BQXgGrWhPzh5tyjX-qsFjGmA:1574255105884&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjO1Pyi7fjlAhUBEqwKHRlxB0QQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1920&bih=938

The 7cm to 8.5cm neck would have to be experimented on with the parts in hand. The big issue would be is the neck "cup" in the bottom of the resin head big/shallow enough to accommodate a larger neck. The Obitsu/AP neck could be made smaller without too much trouble but that would make attaching the resin head quite a bit more difficult. Dremelling out the head cup area on the resin head to accommodate the larger neck would be far easier.

If the larger neck fits in the head you could use this tutorial to attach the resin head to the Obitsu body: http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10755

That tutorial is shown using the old style Obitsu neck piece. APs use the new style neck piece, but the principle is the same. Gut the neck piece so you only have the outer tube, drill the hole for the wire, etc.

Color match is a matter of personal taste. Hold your arm up next to your head and look in a mirror. Do you color match?

• Like 1

MVSig.jpg

Ahri

@Testament hello and thanks for the reply, yeah, I missplaced the post - sorry! Also the neck joint it’s like a puzzle, I was reading and you have to somewhat like pierce the neck joint of the obitsu to do a connection especially for this heads!

Ahri

@Cauldroness thank you very much! I will check them out, because a neck modification for this head (1.5 cm more), would look very strange haha

Ahri

@K-2 you’re the sensei I was looking at to do this experiment! I was recommended your blog! Thank you for all the advise! You opened me a new world with visual doll heads. My main issue is that I don’t like all the ahegao heads they have, I only love the j-type and it may not be available for a long time!

so I will look to the other heads because I’m having issues thinking of having a doll with a bigger neck than head hahah