Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monkeypizzasonic

Cortex vs Vinyl - weight difference?

monkeypizzasonic

I've been looking at this forum and the Smartdoll website and I couldn't find an answer to this, so I'm just going to ask here: is there a weight difference between the cortex and the vinyl dolls?

It sounds silly, but part of the reason I've started seriously looking into getting a Smartdoll is that I am a tiny person and while I love my SD resin babies they're a lot harder to bring places than my Dollfie Dream girl, so I would like to stick to vinyl for any BJDs above MSD size for now. With cortex I don't really mind the seam lines or anything, and I like that it's less expensive, but I'm just worried that since it's a harder material it'll be heavier (not as heavy as resin I assume).

Anyone who has or has handled both types of materials, is there a significant difference in weight between them? 

Pit

A friend of mine has both with basic outfits. Got the chance to weighed them and personally I think the vynil doll is slightly heavier. Dk if the wig had something to do because one was longer than the other.

Hopefully this helps you

Edited by Pit

Lynn

The weight difference between cortex and vinyl is insignificant. I haven't actually measured my vinyl and cortex girls, but I don't feel any difference as I hold them. My friend has a resin doll with same height, and that doll is REALLY heavy. I don't own 1/3 sized resin doll exactly because I am rather small myself and I find it way too hard to carry around a doll as heavy as that! XD

Edited by Lynn

monkeypizzasonic

Thanks! That solves that problem.