Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

GremlinBonDD

DDH-10 Open mouth mod + eye mod

GremlinBonDD

spacer.png

I spent today modding my DDH-10! 
the mouth piece is “3D” and can be removed. Also opened her eyes, Pointed her ears, and softened her chin! 
Will be painting her soon! 🙂 

• Like 3

Pit

If you hadn't said it was a modded head, I'm pretty sure would 've thought it was an original alter version from volks. Nice job! I'd like lo learn how to do these good finishing details. Guess i'll have to keep practicing.

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1

GremlinBonDD
8 hours ago, Pit said:

If you hadn't said it was a modded head, I'm pretty sure would 've thought it was an original alter version from volks. Nice job! I'd like lo learn how to do these good finishing details. Guess i'll have to keep practicing.

Thank you! This was definitely something I was aiming for! Means so much to hear 😭

i definitely suggest investing into a small hobby dremel if you haven’t yet. I used one to do the mouth and definitely wouldn’t have been able to without one. 

good luck on your future modding projects! 

Poofiemus

Oh awesome! I may be doing an open mouth mod on an 01 soon; mind if I ask what material you used for the mouth insert? Still debating the best plan of attack on that head while it's in stain treatment.

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

GremlinBonDD
1 hour ago, Poofiemus said:

Oh awesome! I may be doing an open mouth mod on an 01 soon; mind if I ask what material you used for the mouth insert? Still debating the best plan of attack on that head while it's in stain treatment.

Thanks!

I used FIMO modelling clay to make the inside mouth piece! It’s secured using sticky tack so it can be removed easily 

Poofiemus
3 minutes ago, BonBoop said:

Thanks!

I used FIMO modelling clay to make the inside mouth piece! It’s secured using sticky tack so it can be removed easily 

Aaaah polymer clay then, my usual jam! And if it's removable, then that also means you could make another version that say, has two fangs, or regular teeth, if you wanted. Great idea, think I may steal it. 😉

• Like 1

GremlinBonDD
1 hour ago, Poofiemus said:

Aaaah polymer clay then, my usual jam! And if it's removable, then that also means you could make another version that say, has two fangs, or regular teeth, if you wanted. Great idea, think I may steal it. 😉

That’s the plan! I want to make her some teeth smiles and Other alt parts. 
And go for it! I’d love to see the outcome 😊

Poofiemus

It'll be a bit before I do, the head I want to do the mod to has some bad stains that need to be cleaned up and I have a couple weeks of OT looming on the imminent horizon; but trust me, I'll be posting once I get to it!

And oh man teeth smiles are gonna be super cute, just big goofy grins. I approve.

Daisy-chan

Oh wow, she looks absolutely adorable! I'm a sucker for open mouth mods, can't wait to see her painted!

I've been toying with the idea of doing an open mouth mod on my current floating head but I just don't exactly know how to tackle it... Was there a specific dremel bit you used to cut into the vinyl or was it a combination of different ones? I currently only have sanding bits for my dremel so any recommendations on bits to get for modding would be helpful!

Mothiraffe

This is absolutely stunning work, wow! You're really good at what you do, I can't wait to see her once she's fully finished, seriously!

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

WhiteLotus

Is there a a certain brand of Dremel you recommend?

Edited by WhiteLotus

Yushimi

This is incredible. I'd love to see the modded mouth without the insert ;; just so I know what shapes to do, myself! Great job.

sardemar

Wonderful work! Loved the outcome. 

HannGS

Wow, I'm amazed by the way you did it! it looks really clean and beautiful ♥

NinasDolls

How cute, It's been a while I want to try open mouth mod on ddh10 too!