Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
baldylox

She.... is unveiled! Tamaki photos!

cfx

Sheryl Nome doesn't really come with underwear. She has that single-leg pantyhose thing and the leather panties that are part of her outfit, but I don't really think those count. Funnier to me is that the Lion outfit has no underwear since none of what comes with the default can be used with it.

I don't think you could use them with Sheryl's default outfit anyway, but that doesn't seem to stop them from being included with some DDs. Takane has panties which can end up showing panty lines through her tight pants.

Unlike what @Cauldroness has mentioned with Azone, I don't think most Volks clothing sets are designed to use a bra underneath. I know I tried, to see if that would take up some of the extra space in some outfits, and it just made the fit worse in general and gave a "lumpy boobs" look.

@onion32@

Edited by cfx

baldylox
8 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Think the only ones of mine that came with a bra are Asuna, and M.O.M.O. Some of the others like Makoto have a bra like top in their outfit, but it's not really a bra. Saber Lily came with Lingerie.

I think around eight of mine came without panties, including all the Sailor Moon girls. It may be a bit less than 8, but I don't think of black panties as coming with panties, because they can never wear them.

My original and Transfer Student Rei Ayanami both have bra and panty sets and those are old releases.  The cheongsam made for Kanu Unchou came with black panties that DO NOT stain.  Amazing I know but that's not a default set.  😉 

As for the Sailor Scouts, I can see why they don't have undies because of the way they'd look under the bottom of the suits.  But I think it's rare or uncommon for a DD to come with no panties or some type of clothing for downstairs.  The only times being if their default outfits have similar looking parts or will cause things to look weird. 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, baldylox said:

As for the Sailor Scouts, I can see why they don't have undies because of the way they'd look under the bottom of the suits.  But I think it's rare or uncommon for a DD to come with no panties or some type of clothing for downstairs.  The only times being if their default outfits have similar looking parts or will cause things to look weird. 

Oh, I agree that is why they do it. I just think it’s something of a utility item that every doll should have. Like the extra outfit sets For Sailor Moon need it; especially Rei’s because the skirt is short. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tasuke

Congrats!!! my own comparatively-diminutive, 1/6 OBITSU-based KOTOBUKIYA Tama-chan says Hello!!

Tamaki%20Kousaka%2012-31-19%20RESIZE%205

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Mothiraffe

Late reply but congratulations! I was able to get my grail this year too, and I understand the feeling of... not "completion", persay, but more... fulfillment. "Everything is as it should be, now" I think to myself as I look at my girls. I can definitely see why you fell so much for Tamaki, she has the cutest face -- I have no connection to her character, but I appreciate how beautiful she is and how much she matters to you! I think even if I see a sculpt I don't like, seeing someone else's enthusiasm for that doll makes me love them in the end. Congratulations once again! ^^

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

baldylox
13 hours ago, Tasuke said:

Congrats!!! my own comparatively-diminutive, 1/6 OBITSU-based KOTOBUKIYA Tama-chan says Hello!!

Thank you both very much!  She's a cutie!  :)

4 hours ago, Mothiraffe said:

Late reply but congratulations! I was able to get my grail this year too, and I understand the feeling of... not "completion", persay, but more... fulfillment. "Everything is as it should be, now" I think to myself as I look at my girls. I can definitely see why you fell so much for Tamaki, she has the cutest face -- I have no connection to her character, but I appreciate how beautiful she is and how much she matters to you! I think even if I see a sculpt I don't like, seeing someone else's enthusiasm for that doll makes me love them in the end. Congratulations once again! ^^

Thanks so much!  You definitely called it with the "fulfillment" statement.  That's EXACTLY it!  It's not like my doll family was incomplete or anything.... it just needed a certain someone else there.  😉  I'm the same with Tamaki as you actually, I've never watched "2 Heart" or played any of the games but her character design is awesome and her DD version is just amazing to me.  She's got that look of smugness going on but you can tell she's cool too.

Billy

Tasuke
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

I'm the same with Tamaki as you actually, I've never watched "2 Heart" or played any of the games but her character design is awesome...

Well, Honestly, so far as the Anime goes, you're really not missing much.

the characters themselves, and their supporting merchandise, are easily the best thing about the series.

as far as the Anime itself goes, it was one of my greater disappointments.

a BORING series with POOR production values. at least i got the MAIDEN JAPAN BRD set for dirt cheap, as that is all it is really worth...

Tamaki%20Kousaka%20JOHN%201-1-20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Mothiraffe

@baldylox I'm glad I chanced on the right word! My doll family hasn't ever had a hole in it exactly, but... getting the dolls I always dreamed of having and never thought I would is a feeling of not just accomplishment, but one of peace, at last.

And I definitely see that, yeah! Her face is absolutely adorable and she knows it, too

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

burokkori

Congrats! Tama-nee is also one of my grail too for over 10 years. Could never pull the trigger with that aftermarket price and still holding out for a re-release that will never come. :)

baldylox
15 hours ago, Mothiraffe said:

@baldylox I'm glad I chanced on the right word! My doll family hasn't ever had a hole in it exactly, but... getting the dolls I always dreamed of having and never thought I would is a feeling of not just accomplishment, but one of peace, at last.

And I definitely see that, yeah! Her face is absolutely adorable and she knows it, too

Yup, you hit it on the head for sure.  And yes, she does know it and she will use that to her advantage for sure.  Just like Manami…… I wonder how that happened?  😉

15 hours ago, burokkori said:

Congrats! Tama-nee is also one of my grail too for over 10 years. Could never pull the trigger with that aftermarket price and still holding out for a re-release that will never come. :)

Thank you!  Tamaki just has that special something doesn't she?  😉  I agree about her aftermarket price, that's the reason I never got one until now.  She averages from $1800 to $2200 depending on condition and there's no way I'm paying that for ANY doll.  I played the waiting game and put out the word with anyone who would listen and that's what paid off for me.  Sure it took me over 6 years but it was soooo worth it to get her home!  So don't lose hope, you may find one at a decent price soon!

As for that re-release, I was hoping for that too but alas, I have little hope that it will happen.  But who knows?  Maybe they'll prove us wrong and do it anyways, then you can grab her yourself!  😄  

Billy

cfx

I posted this in the Mandarake deals thread, there is a Tamaki with some issues, but seemingly a perfect head, for 110K yen, just over half the NOS price:

baldylox
6 minutes ago, cfx said:

I posted this in the Mandarake deals thread, there is a Tamaki with some issues, but seemingly a perfect head, for 110K yen, just over half the NOS price:

What's an NOS price?  Never heard that before.  

Anyway, the older shoes like that do tend to fall apart easily so that's expected.  She does have some foot staining but you can treat those or just buy some vinyl covers and replace them.  As far as her face you're right, she looks great!  $1100 is a great price for her for sure, a good $700 less than her lower average price on Manda.  Hopefully she finds a good home!

Billy

cfx

NOS = "new old stock" which is a term maybe not used in the doll hobby? Just means an unused item that's not current production. In this case, the usual price on Mandarke for an unused undamaged Tamaki that I've seen lately is 200,000 yen.

baldylox
11 hours ago, cfx said:

NOS = "new old stock" which is a term maybe not used in the doll hobby? Just means an unused item that's not current production. In this case, the usual price on Mandarke for an unused undamaged Tamaki that I've seen lately is 200,000 yen.

Ahh ok.  I hadn't heard that term in the doll hobby before.  The only place I recall hearing that phrase ( not the acronym ) was when dealing with car and motorcycle parts.  It makes sense tho, thanks for explaining!

Billy

CeliathePikachu

Many congratulations on the Grail girl! She's absolutely lovely in the set up you've put her in! As I'm awaiting my Grail, I too understand the feeling of fullfillment on getting the girl you've been waiting so long on!

Edited by CeliathePikachu
Misspelling

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

baldylox
16 hours ago, CeliathePikachu said:

Many congratulations on the Grail girl! She's absolutely lovely in the set up you've put her in! As I'm awaiting my Grail, I too understand the feeling of fullfillment on getting the girl you've been waiting so long on!

Thanks so much!  I appreciate the compliments.  Just wait til your girl arrives, that's when the feelings get REAL.  😄  I await your pics of her!

Billy

• Like 1

Saku

congratulations on your arrival, she is beautiful

May I ask where the dress is from?

baldylox
12 hours ago, Saku said:

congratulations on your arrival, she is beautiful

May I ask where the dress is from?

Thank you very much!  The blue denim outfit is from Volks.  It was released around the latter part of last year.  I love it too! 😄

Billy