The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Beani

After 2 years and 7 months waiting... (NSFW Doll Nudity)

Beani

It was an unbelievable feeling to finally have 2B in my hands this morning. I had expected a line to pickup but we arrived a little late and there was no wait to grab the dolls (our household has 2 now so maybe I can post some twin photos later).

I'm not a photographer and used a poor quality camera phone with poor lighting so fair warning, she looks so much better in person than my photos show. But I want to share the experience regardless.

Here's hoping I can get some better photos in the new Doll Point Photo space for these two!

49180760108_6ffbc51b27.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

It was raining and 7C so we got the train home even though it's only a 20 minute walk ha. The outer bag took most of the rain damage. There is a lot of weight in this box due to the pod stand.

49180756988_feaaaf111f.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

When this gorgeous face looked out at me I knew the wait would be worth it.

49181462207_5f0214e0ff.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

Wig absent here cause I am dumb. Was very nice to see she actually has three pairs of hands, 1 normal, 1 black gripping and 1 black with less grip.

49180756968_cc71c9b447.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

49181251281_1f66f5de6c.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

49181462177_7bffda0971.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

I preemptively installed magnets and test fit some ears I had bought before doing the rest of the outfit. I was pretty disappointed by how off the color was compared to the wig, but still cute.

49181462192_ce7c41aab6.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

When deciding to get started I looked at the instructions and got a little overwhelmed. This is just two pages of it (there are five including hair styling and pod assembly). I decided to just glance at it to get the jist and not read the details. That was a MISTAKE. If you learn anything in this post READ the instructions. Hopefully they translate it for those ones shipping overseas.

49181251136_c1dc1175ef.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

Her head must be removed to put on the outfit which seems unusual for Volks, but once you actually get the outfit going you understand why they designed it in such a seemingly convoluted way. The end result fits beautifully but my god is it hard to get on.

The boob window body stocking. This also zips on the side so the zipper is not visible through the back of the dress.

49181462407_2e6ee310d3.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

At this stage I was wondering if I got the stocking on wrong since it was all weird and bulky at the front under the leotard. But after struggling with the leotard snaps popping off constantly until I got them just right I wasn't willing to adjust it further.

49180756948_829e846603.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

I basically then stressed with the outfit for so long I forgot to take photos of it. If I had read the instructions from the start I would have known that to close the final part of the top you have to undo the top snap of the leotard, then redo that and tuck it back under the top. Once I knew that it was a quick finish. I then read the instructions properly for the skirt straight away, basically it has to be lined up with a particular part of the bodice or it just won't close at all. Insane how perfectly fit this is...

The skirt out of the box looks hilarious due to the wires. I was lazy and just did a wave rather than attempting full pleats. The wires are really nice though as it allows you to really pose the skirt however you like, there is a lot of control with it.

49181251261_1a6e34b1ba.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

49180757178_41e36ce514.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

Stockings and shoes were easy (the stockings are this beautiful glittery material). Then it was time to fuss with hair for ages. I haven't used product so just styled it as best I could for now. I decided not to test out the blindfold as the other Toobs in the house will be wearing it. I did however test fit the fox ears and tail again.

49180757163_b0ea161a2a.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

49181462417_c11f56bc35.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

The sword seems to be a little heavy for her to hold up one handed (her wrist joint kept turning on me) but downward poses are very doable. The handle comes apart into two so you can clip it into the hand.

49181462457_b388b6e0b2.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

Finally, the pod. I was going to leave it in the box as I don't have much space but that felt like a waste. Very happy I took it out as it looks great (especially for plastic parts). At first I thought it wasn't very pose-able but checking the instructions showed that a lot of the parts were movable allowing for heaps of pose-ability. They just stick easily so needed more force than I was willing to apply at first (it's always scary when you aren't sure something is meant to move).

49181251306_56f37cf538.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

After all that I need a break but I hope to be back with more photos when 2B II is out and about as well. Hope everyone loves their 9Ss and 2Bs as much as I do once they arrive!

49180757003_259d45a593.jpg2Bs Arrival by Beani F, on Flickr

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Monty

She really is beautiful! Thank you for giving a report so quickly. I’m dying waiting for my shipping email for 9S.

Im actually glad the pods are plastic not just cos of weight but because it means they should be able to hold/hug them, which is cute and a photo I look forward to taking.

Edited by Monty

Beani

@Monty I hope 9S arrives with you soon! The idea of them holding the pod is so cute I can’t believe I didn’t think of it. You are right that the plastic allows for far more pose options together (wonder if it can balance on the shoulder...)

Now I love the pod even more!

What a beauty! 🥰 
Congrats on getting her! The outfit looks very neat, even if it's hard to put on. 

I hope you'll have the chance to take some pictures at Doll Point. The photo space looks really cool. 

Singer Yuna
3 hours ago, Beani said:

I basically then stressed with the outfit for so long I forgot to take photos of it. If I had read the instructions from the start I would have known that to close the final part of the top you have to undo the top snap of the leotard, then redo that and tuck it back under the top. Once I knew that it was a quick finish. I then read the instructions properly for the skirt straight away, basically it has to be lined up with a particular part of the bodice or it just won't close at all. Insane how perfectly fit this is...

This quote is precious content, thanks for your fast photo sharing Beani!!

Enjoy the twins!!

As for the android, I didn’t expect 2B to be (pun intended) more perfect as she was, but Volks did a extremely beautiful doll. She is even prettier than before. The bodice is so ready for the stainmaker outfit, the pods, the perfect katana...

and her face is sooo beautiful *sighs* 

(I can’t wait to have her at home)

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

DML

Congratulations! But I still think the DD anime style face would have looked much better for 2b, rather than a SD Face.

Beani

@childepaladin Thank you! Fingers crossed I end up with time for the photo shoot. Hope you enjoy your 9S whenever he arrives!

@Singer Yuna Glad to see someone else enjoying her so much. I hope your 2B isn’t much further off? I bet everyone else will get theirs and be like “the outfit was easy what was that crazy girl talking about?!” but hope the outline helps anyway!

@Meow I’ve not seen many people that feel that way since the game looks more realistic style than anime. Why do you think anime would have been better?

• Like 2

DML
2 hours ago, Beani said:

@Meow I’ve not seen many people that feel that way since the game looks more realistic style than anime. Why do you think anime would have been better?

I feel like there is something off putting with the SD style face for 2B.  DD would have been a much better choice imo.                                                                               Most of the game illustrations of her, are in Anime style. The game is not really a realistic style too. it is a bit of both.

The Smart Doll Semi-Real type of design would have been better, or something like DD Sheryl Nome face.

But this is just my opinion. And she does look cool even though I am not a fan of the SD style face for her. :) 

Cauldroness

Thank you so much for sharing your photos, @Beani !

I love so much that Volks decided to give her a more realistic look, I definitely think she looks very much like the in-game character. I love that they did two-toned lips! That's such a unique little touch that really gives some extra flavor to her look. The lips really slay me <3 It's nice too that we have our second truly SD-style head, because Rise is crazy popular and crazy expensive, and now there's a much more affordable option with that same sort of look. Of course she's not as cute and smiley as Rise, but I bet that could be altered via customization if someone really wanted.

I have a long wait until mine (I'm in the last delivery batch) but photos like these will keep me going in the meanwhile. I'm totally planning on getting mine repainted to be as SD-like as possible (I didn't necessarily get her for the character, but for that glorious face!!).

• Like 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Beani

@Meow I’m not sure what game images you are referring to but if you prefer the smart doll semi realistic face for her then we are just naturally on different sides of the fence. Personally I have felt every licensed doll Danny released has been lacking (in matching characters and the fit of clothes) so I’m very glad Volks somehow miraculously got this license and Danny didn’t have the chance. I don’t mind that semi realistic face on the new elf girl he’s been teasing though. Suits generic fantasy settings well. 

@Cauldroness Ah.. that extra wait must be torture. I’m very interested in the fact you want to turn her as SD as possible once she arrives though. Looking forward to those pictures next year!

The two toned lips has ended up as one of my favorite parts of the face up which I was not expecting! Her eyes are just stunning too. I’m not use to the more SD style smaller eye. It’s a nice change. Yet she still fits in with my other girls. 

Rise always intrigued me for her look, wonder if a lot of people did settle for 2B rather than paying the premium for Rise..

• Like 2

DML
3 hours ago, Beani said:

@Meow I’m not sure what game images you are referring to.

Search for Nier Automata art by Akihiko Yoshida too. Even in game the character art is semi-real, but keeping the anime feel.

The SD style head they chosen is good, but it reminds me of a random SD head (maybe she looks much better in real than in photos). But I would have preferred a semi-real.

2b 0a.jpg

2B 0a1.jpg

freakie-oppa

FIRSTLY, congratulations on your new doll, Beani~ That is a very daunting instruction manual for her clothes, whoa.

This is interesting. When the initial images of 2B's DD came out, I actually thought her head was too stylized. It didn't read a 'realism' to me at all. Especially standing next to VOLKs resin line. However in owner pictures, her features are longer, and spaced out, I think for VOLKs first realism-ish DD, she's pretty spot on. She does look a bit CGI-anime/game to me. Her eyes are quite alert, and you can't escape the fact that VOLKs facial style is wider than most anime dolls, but her feature placement is really nice. As per usual, she's a very beautiful doll and I'm now going to go back to my ditch and cry that I didn't preorder her.

As much as I love Danny Choo's semi-realism series (his cocoa realism gal is going to destroy my savings), I find that NONE of his license dolls, actually ends up looking like the character. (When I say that, I don't mean his dolls look bad, they look good, but just...not who they're meant to be, except Nami.) So even though he has a semi-realism gig going on, I do also have doubts that his 2B would have looked like who she was meant to be.

I think the one thing Danny Choo would nail is her jaw shape, since his heads are narrower than the VOLKs standard style. Other than that, though, I must admit, I'm still skeptical. I guess we'll have to wait for his semi-realism licences to really find out.

(And, I'm sure Danny wouldn't have made Nines, my personal favorite character from the game. OTL) This is all, of course, personal opinion aswell.

Edited by freakie-oppa
  • Like 2

cfx
27 minutes ago, freakie-oppa said:

This is interesting. When the initial images of 2B's DD came out, I actually thought her head was too stylized. It didn't read a 'realism' to me at all. Especially standing next to VOLKs resin line. However in owner pictures, her features are longer, and spaced out, I think for VOLKs first realism-ish DD, she's pretty spot on. She does look a bit CGI-anime/game to me. Her eyes are quite alert, and you can't escape the fact that VOLKs facial style is wider than most anime dolls, but her feature placement is really nice. As per usual, she's a very beautiful doll and I'm now going to go back to my ditch and cry that I didn't preorder her.

I was rambling around this point in the other thread because I couldn't quite work it out in my head, but I think I got it now. Whether it's just a function of the pictures, or it's real because the prototype dolls were presumably hand painted and not done with the masks used for mass production; whatever it was, the prototypes for these two dolls had a softer look to the faceups making them look more SD-like to me.

The final product doesn't look hugely different, yet the crisper lines necessitated by the realities of production give the dolls a quite unique and striking appearance in my view. The 2B sculpt may share various features with Rise, but the final result because of the faceup and those eyes is quite different.

• Like 2

Beani
2 hours ago, Meow said:

Search for Nier Automata art by Akihiko Yoshida too. Even in game the character art is semi-real, but keeping the anime feel.

The SD style head they chosen is good, but it reminds me of a random SD head (maybe she looks much better in real than in photos). But I would have preferred a semi-real.

As far as I am concerned the doll I have looks exactly like those pictures (which is why I assumed there must have been some others you meant). We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one I guess!

@freakie-oppa Thank you! Glad to see someone else agree on the Smart Doll character line. I remember Danny going on about Nier a lot so a part of me feared him getting his hands on 2B somehow haha. You are right though that I wouldn't have seen him doing 9S. Honestly though I was surprised Volks did him too, was a big win for his fans!

When it comes to details on faceups I'm never overly picky so the differences you and @cfx are mentioning just don't seem apparent to me. I'm rather unrefined when it comes to this stuff, I just either like it or I don't and can't really comment much on the details. It was interesting to see they removed the white line in the eyes (as cfx mentioned in another thread) when I didn't even notice that white until it was gone. 

I will certainly agree though the end products ended up as a very unique and striking addition to the Dollfie Dream line, and it's great to see them branching out a little more.

• Like 4

marishade

Not trying to stir more pots, but 2B IS styled in semi-realistic or 'dollified'/anime-ish, her eyes would be drastically smaller otherwise and her painting would be different. (I do have dolls that are both 'dollfied' and realistic, just confirming they exist lol). I showed 2B to a non-doll collector friend and said 2B is done more realistically and she shrugged and said it still looked anime-ish.

All the same, as we determined last year, we do not all agree and that is okay. Every doll is not made for everyone.

@Beani, thank you for the wonderful photos! I agree with you, at first the two tone lip made me nervous but now I think it looks great on her and is one of the best points on her face-up. That top torso piece still bothers me though. It does look better in the outfit but she still looks like two round pillows were taped to her chest. The ingame look showed space in her cleavage (as if she was a real person not wearing a pushup bra) and I prefer that.

Also, thank you for the cat ear and hair comparison. Because of the lighting in a lot of photos I was worried the color would be more blonde than white or grey and that would have been upsetting. I can live with the silvery color. 

• Like 2

freakie-oppa

...Looking back on my previous comment after getting off work, good god, it's a mess, LOL. Incase I came off wrong, I hope I didn't come across as hating her lack of realism, sorry! 😖 I think her semi-realism is really easy on the eyes. Her irises and her face paint is definitely reminiscent of BJDs. Especially the mouth. Which, I think is a smart move, cause while 2B is an anime CGI, her colouration hinges close to a form of realism. TBH I just know simple terms, LOL. I too never noted the changes till I saw the posts @cfx made. Compared to her promo images, where I thought her facial features was a little more compact, I was surprised to see how well proportioned her face actually is in real life.

I  think she slotted pretty good into anime-game brought to life, I can look at her lower face and think "That's 2B in a good mood." I consider that as a strength because though her face styling is different, I think both her and Nines can fit in with dolls like Kos-Mos, Rise, etc, and actually not look out of place. I'm curious if her face designer was a familiar name, or someone completely new to the DD designers.

A VOLKS strength is likely their size range, they can play around with character heights no problem, which probably aided in the creation of 9S, since they literally can have a boi be smaller than 2B. He really was a surprise, though, he came out of no where!

In any case, I'll stop rambling and space hogging :D , thank you for the photos, Beani <333 Glad to see she you managed to get her before Christmas, actually! :D

• Like 1

CuteOne

Your girl is beautiful. Tbh I regret not being able to get her now that I'm seeing so many pictures of her. She's just absolutely beautiful! I'm looking forward to a lot more pictures of your 2b. ❤️ Thank you so much for sharing her with us!

She looks just like her in game character sprite and I adore that! It's wonderful that Volks was the one who did her and not some other company who would've butchered her and not bothered with making 9s.

• Like 1

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

Beani

@marishade I’m glad the ear pictures help. Blonde would have been rather upsetting and completely wrong but I can see how white balance can make the wig look that shade for sure. Definitely grey though! Originally I thought the wig was a bit rough and low quality but I’m starting to like it more for the volume it has. Very true to the character in style. 

These large pushed chests do kinda look like pillows huh. I’m willing to forgive it to ensure that the butt is correct. I think Yoko Taro never would have allowed a non-Dynamite butt for 2B. And the balance of a smaller chest on that body is a total unknown to me. 

@freakie-oppa I didn’t read it as hating her semi-realism so it’s all good! I think you are right and they nailed the balance perfectly to create a rendition that truly looks like ingame 2B. Without the blindfold might throw some people off but I just love her eyes so much I couldn’t bear covering them just yet. The eyes are just such a wonderful departure from what I’m use to on my DDs (love their eyes too of course but something different is nice).

The size range with Volks may have been another reason for the Dynamite choice. The height balance between that body and 9S seems quite good. 

@CuteOne Given she was a preorder hopefully you can get her at an ok price in future! We’ll see if I go crazy with photo spam or not. I personally look forward to when people with real cameras get her ha..

Totally agreed that Volks was the best company for her. They nailed it!

cfx
11 hours ago, Beani said:

When it comes to details on faceups I'm never overly picky so the differences you and @cfx are mentioning just don't seem apparent to me. I'm rather unrefined when it comes to this stuff, I just either like it or I don't and can't really comment much on the details. It was interesting to see they removed the white line in the eyes (as cfx mentioned in another thread) when I didn't even notice that white until it was gone.

That's just my personality; I'm just anal. :lol:

I think it's because before I ever considered DDs I was buying (and still do a bit) scale figures, and it's not uncommon with those for the final to differ in minor things from the prototypes that you have to base your preordering decisions on. I'm picky enough that led to a number of disappointments for me and I started really comparing "before" and "after" pictures to see what had changed. With figures, very minor changes in the face painting or eyes can make the overall look very different, probably moreso than with DDs. I didn't originally realize that there was really much change in DDs faceups between prototype and actual product; I think it was @Monty in an old post here mentioned how Len Kagamine's eyebrows changed that first made me start paying attention.

It'll stand out more for you if it happens to be a change affecting some specific facial feature you really liked, or didn't. Such as, and just a hypothetical as I don't think this was actually changed, suppose you loved Akira's kitty mouth on the prototype and it turned out that was more subtle on the final product; then it's something you would probably notice.

While I wish the white line on 2B wasn't gone, I suspect what happened is doing it with paint masks where it would've ended up as a hard line didn't look good and that's why it was dropped. Since it's another color it also means one less step in painting her, but I doubt Volks would not do it just for that reason.

Edited by cfx

watercolorpastels

So cute!! Wow, 5 pages of instructions is daunting :o

Beani

@cfx Yeah I collected figures too back in the day and the small changes never really bothered me there either. It’s just how things work from prototype to production. Of course you are right though, if something major you loved suddenly vanished on the final product that would be heartbreaking and exceptionally annoying at Doll prices.

4 hours ago, watercolorpastels said:

So cute!! Wow, 5 pages of instructions is daunting :o

Thanks! And yes it definitely is daunting, especially in your second language!  

• Like 1

Nyx Whitestar

Oh la la thank you for that detailed opening 😍 I didn't know there was wire in the skirt, it's amazing, it's such a good idea! I like how Volks pays attention to the details <3 And I'm glad to see a photo of the leotard, it's very well detailed, I love the look of the fabric and the ornaments on it. Both the doll and the outfit are so well done! The more I look at owner's photos, the more I want mine!

• Like 1

ig-log10.png ap10.png

Beani

@Nyx Whitestar Volks really do have a fabulous sense for detail. The wire will be super handy for action posing. All elements of the outfit are very detailed but I wish the stocking didn’t have that line that bunches the leotard. Makes it a bit of an eyesore if you want to leave the skirt off. 

Hope you get yours soon!

• Like 1

Paprika

She’s so beautiful! Congrats, Beani. :) I need to pay my invoice once and for all, haha.

• Like 1

Beani
53 minutes ago, Arara said:

She’s so beautiful! Congrats, Beani. :) I need to pay my invoice once and for all, haha.

Thank you! Hope you can get yours paid and on the way soon.