Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monkeypizzasonic

New Basic Dolls

monkeypizzasonic

There doesn't seem to be a general thread for news about new non-licensed dolls in the works, so I've started one.

Here's two new prototypes for basic girls:

G02/semi-real tea girl

monkeypizzasonic

And a cute, smirky red-head -

monkeypizzasonic

Also an elf girl -

DML

I really like the red-head girl. I am building a similar one with Volks parts I have in stock, with red bob haircut. But I would definitely pick her up when she is released.

Edited by Meow

Mame

Thanks for making this thread, I was contemplating on making one like this a while ago! Let's see how many of these end up as garage one offs, lol.

• Like 3

aurelia

The redhead is my favorite of these newer dolls. She seems energetic, but, at the same time, her smile looks very kind.

AwkwardMango

I hope they make the G02 tea girl, shes perfect for a character of mine. 😀

Mothiraffe

I'm love the tea girl.

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

monkeypizzasonic

A bunch of girls just popped up on Instagram - they're almost ready to go. We have Clarity, Envisage, Freedom, Moment and Chitose multiverse version.

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

Moment is the elf girl from earlier in the thread (minus the ears), and I think Freedom is the red-head?

monkeypizzasonic

Entropy is also being released soon, and will be available as a basic by March.

Lynn

I have to say that Entropy turned out much better than I thought it would. I'm still going to buy Independence though. Envisage is also really cute! 

Freedom might be the red-head, yes... She changed quite a lot if that is true. I liked the first version better.

Edited by Lynn

magique

Freedom, Moment, and Anniversary Chitose are my faves. although idk, why she needs to be chitose if he's just gonna change her whole design. What I love about Smartdoll is that there are so darn many variations of the same sculpts that you can't help but like at least one lmao. I think only Chitose is a must-must-have for me. 

mpdoll

I really like the new Chitose (although for me it's not Chitose at all. Chitose is only one 😅🥰 ) and Moment ♥ I hope they will be in milk or tea color.

monkeypizzasonic
23 hours ago, Lynn said:

I have to say that Entropy turned out much better than I thought it would. I'm still going to buy Independence though. Envisage is also really cute! 

Freedom might be the red-head, yes... She changed quite a lot if that is true. I liked the first version better.

I am torn because I love both Independence and Entropy...if I had the money I'd buy both and make them sisters 😍

I saw some comments on Insta that led me to believe Freedom might be a different red-head then the one up there, but I think they're the same sculpt and I'm not well-versed enough in Smart Doll lore to say for sure if they're the same girl or not.

magique

looks like Chitose remains ahead in the polls. I'm glad for it because I've wanted her ever since he first revealed her prototype. My only worry is that she'll be released in cinnamon and there won't be a cortex version like with the cinnamon version of Prowess. I wanna dress her in dark colors, so her being vinyl-only would seriously suck.

aurelia

They are all looking great! Freedom is still my favorite but the new Chitose looks very nice.

Hologram

Really liking Entropy! As someone said in the instagram comments she has that Final Fantasy look which I dig. Close second would be Freedom, that blushing face is super cute!

BeyondTime

Chitose looks good, but I dislike how the older dolls are getting replaced with heads that all look like slight variations on Kanata. I mean the doll itself is cute, and is a perfectly fine release, but I think I'd rather they kept original Chitose in the line-up and created a new character to go with this sculpt.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tira
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Chitose looks good, but I dislike how the older dolls are getting replaced with heads that all look like slight variations on Kanata. I mean the doll itself is cute, and is a perfectly fine release, but I think I'd rather they kept original Chitose in the line-up and created a new character to go with this sculpt.

Yeah, I prefer the big eyes on the original Chitose.  Though since this is labeled as a "multiverse version," I don't think she'll be a replacement.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
30 minutes ago, Tira said:

Yeah, I prefer the big eyes on the original Chitose.  Though since this is labeled as a "multiverse version," I don't think she'll be a replacement.

Ah, I though original milk Chitose was discontinued like with original Kizuna, but it was tan Chitose that they discontinued.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Ah, I though original milk Chitose was discontinued like with original Kizuna, but it was tan Chitose that they discontinued.

Ohhh, I didn't know that.  Looks like my OG Kizuna and Tan Chito are gonna be worth a lot in the future!  😄

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

monkeypizzasonic

Not full dolls, but new hand packs are coming. Now your doll can hold various things! Make promises! Do k-pop finger hearts/Thanos snaps! Kamehameha!

(Good for potential future Marvel/DBZ-shonen anime/Star Wars dolls I guess. And cosplaying a k-pop idol.) (Please don't get the idea to start making dolls based off kpop idols because official BTS bjds would destroy us all and by us I mean our wallets)

Edited by monkeypizzasonic

Galvatim

Star Wars figures from 1997 are now considered vintage?  That makes me feel old...  

Danny keeps hinting at Thundercats and Masters of the Universe as potential future SmD releases.  I question if there's really a market for them.  Of course I'd buy SmD Skeletor.  She-Ra, Catra and the rest of the Princess of Power gang seem like the obvious choice for SmD, but I've heard that's now a separate license from Masters of the Universe.  

TiltyBird

Damnit I'm mad how much I like the Chitose Multiverse. Imagine her in Cocoa?!