Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

monkeypizzasonic

New Basic Dolls

monkeypizzasonic
2 hours ago, Galvatim said:

Star Wars figures from 1997 are now considered vintage?  That makes me feel old...  

Danny keeps hinting at Thundercats and Masters of the Universe as potential future SmD releases.  I question if there's really a market for them.  Of course I'd buy SmD Skeletor.  She-Ra, Catra and the rest of the Princess of Power gang seem like the obvious choice for SmD, but I've heard that's now a separate license from Masters of the Universe.  

Maybe they would work as licensed doll tees/cosplay outfits?

On the other hand CATGIRLS. 

monkeypizzasonic

New semi-real girl with freckles.

(Personally, I think the wide smile kinda throws off the whole "more realistic" nature of the sculpt. It kinda makes her look like a frog/anthro/some other not-quite-human thing...actually, if you stuck some elf ears on her she could make a cute pixie I guess.)

monkeypizzasonic

Also adding these as a general news thing, as idk if anyone's posted them yet:

Fancy multi-piece bodysuits. Look neat, but also will probably be way more expensive than other bodysuits on the market and will probably only work with Smart Dolls because of the tight fit.

• Like 1

Jezrah

I think the new semi real girl is cute. For me, I don't think her mouth is too wide to be human. The corners of her mouth come to approximately the middle of her eyes, which is true of humans. But because she has a more realistic mouth, I don't like that she has eyes that fill up her eyewells. I would personally put smaller eyes with more whites showing in her.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

McKennachu

Freedom does sort of look like the red head prototype with a different faceup, but it would have been nice if they just released her as-is. Smile lines under the eyes are so endearing and look REALLY nice in person. I would totally jump on Smart Doll if that particular gal gets released in the future.

Eiko82

I seriously LOVE the new hand pack that is coming out in March. I love the K-pop heart hands and fingers crossed hands.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

monkeypizzasonic

New semi-real redhead girl officially announced, her name is Resilient.

(I like the new wig, but I think I would have preferred the green eyes...)

(also bathrobes)

Edited by monkeypizzasonic

Jezrah

Haha I think it's funny that the bathrobes were put on kimono-style, with the left side over the right. Western women's bathrobes are typically designed backwards of that, with the right side over the left. Maybe it's her boyfriend's robe? 😛

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

magique

asks for opinions of hazel vs brown wig then reveals her with the red one lol. I'm here camping out for chitose's release. 

monkeypizzasonic

Freedom, plus some general announcements for future releases (including boys!). 

monkeypizzasonic

Moment in tea; cocoa coming later this week.

Also, possible alternate Genesis. Might get put into production if there's enough support, so if you like her go comment.

monkeypizzasonic

Semi-real cocoa girl is Reflection now. (insert Mulan joke here)

Also there are upcoming girls named Horizon and Challenge (are they naming dolls after NASA missions now? because I can live with that. make a new boy named Apollo next plz).

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Envisage is disappointing, I loved her prototype so much with the more plump, rosy lips but those seem to have been removed in production. Moment is gorgeous, I haven't owned an SmD in years but I may have to think about her lol. 

Clarity is very cute, she looks like a Sailor Venus custom waiting to happen 😄

plainoljane

Omg that elf girl tho...save me. Save my wallet!

magique

omg I cannot keep track of all these names. anyways, I really wish that these girls were in milk so cortex was an option... because there has been no mention of cinnamon cortex and, looking at milk v. cinnamon, I see almost no advantage save for a bit more rosiness. Tea Moment is very pretty, makes me want her in more than one color!

monkeypizzasonic

Prototype for a potential semi-real boy(/girl/hybrid)!

(I would love him as a boy, but I'm rather intrigued by "hybrid" - I would very much like to have a trans/genderfluid doll body.) 

monkeypizzasonic

Envisage in cocoa; also Danny might start letting the general public help design faceups. I have no idea how this will work (do we vote on the best one?) but it sounds fascinating.

monkeypizzasonic

Independence is out this weekend.

monkeypizzasonic

Big news - they've been working on a semi-real version of Mirai, and plan to remake some other anime-style dolls in semi-real form!

(I wonder if this means they'll also be making more semi-real sculpts to complement the anime ones - it looks like this Mirai might be a new sculpt, I think her eyes are bigger? Anyway, I voted for more semi-real guys.)

magique

Ah, I really want Envisage Cocoa. She's perfect! Mirai however... yikes, she looks kinda terrible. I'm still waiting on Moment's release, but it's hard to stay true when there are so many dolls being released at the same time. 

UnderOrange

I really like semi-real Mirai. If she releases similar to how she looks now I'll be so tempted... Trying not to get more dolls though, lol. I think I'm reaching my limits.

jadepixel

I think semi-real Mirai is pretty cute, too! So far my favorite of the bunch. It seems a bit odd to put the stylized cheek-shine effect on a semi-real style head, though.

I do think this sculpt style is a lot better suited to the fashion aesthetic of SmD clothing, it always looked odd on anime girls for me.

• Like 1

Pit
38 minutes ago, jadepixel said:

I do think this sculpt style is a lot better suited to the fashion aesthetic of SmD clothing, it always looked odd on anime girls for me.

Agree with this. Personally, semi-real style gives a refined vibe that anime style can't. I know doll creation is an art whatever the style Is, but I think semi real does highlight this idea. 

Edited by Pit