Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Volks' Dollfie Website

foo

Volks has consolidated their product websites for SD & DDs into one.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp

More broken forum links for everyone ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Links to the old sites are redirecting to here. It seems the only English option right now is machine translation, unfortunately. Some pages link to the old dollfiedream.tokyo site, but unfortunately if you click the (previously-working) English link in the corner it redirects you to the root of the new site. 

It's finally a nice layout for introducing it to new people. Things like the Dollfie Supplies page gives you a nice overview of things you do with/need for your doll, and there's also stuff comparing product lines. Ah, memories of trying to figure out what the heck anything is from Volks USA's 2011 website.... my former self, I laugh at thee.

I'm mainly wanted to bring this up because the front page's banner has a cute picture of Ribbon,

volks-dollfie-site-header.jpg.cbb1f34ba95ec2be63776b91649350d3.jpg

Also, she's not using a normal hand.

Edit: more hands bonus:

d_dd_img.jpg.b1fe5e35a752caf64915ed311f256061.jpg

Edited by foo

c4tbus

i was noticing ribbon’s hands earlier and did some looking on the site !! in the ad banners at the top of the webstore page there is a section for ddp supplies, and it includes regular dd hands! 

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_191118_SP_DDP/?SEARCH_MAX_ROW_LIST=15&item_list_mode=2&sort_order=1&request=page&next_page=1

so i guess they are saying that the standard dd hands (not the large version) are a good fit for ddp! has anyone tried it?

DML
2 hours ago, c4tbus said:

i was noticing ribbon’s hands earlier and did some looking on the site !! in the ad banners at the top of the webstore page there is a section for ddp supplies, and it includes regular dd hands! 

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_191118_SP_DDP/?SEARCH_MAX_ROW_LIST=15&item_list_mode=2&sort_order=1&request=page&next_page=1

so i guess they are saying that the standard dd hands (not the large version) are a good fit for ddp! has anyone tried it?

The Standard hands are used for DDP also. There will not be a DDP only hands for the models. (not yet anyway)

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, c4tbus said:

So far the only DDP sized hands are the default hands they come with. The DD hands will fit on the DDP frame, but they look too big on DDP imo. The size difference between the DD hands and the DDP hands isn't huge, but it's big enough to be apparent.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Volks showing DD hands on DDP isn't anything new:

mdl_DDPIori_Yayoi_p01.jpg

I have wondered, since I like the large hnds on DD, if relative to that the regular DD hands on DDP would look proportionally right. And which I should be using on DDS...

foo
10 hours ago, Meow said:

The Standard hands are used for DDP also. There will not be a DDP only hands for the models. (not yet anyway)

The DD normal hand and the DDP normal hand are different parts.

2 hours ago, cfx said:

Volks showing DD hands on DDP isn't anything new:

Those aren't DD hands actually. The 'open' hand on DDs is a paper-flat hand. The one that has fingers spread & bent are the big hands which would look massive on DDP.

2 hours ago, cfx said:

I have wondered, since I like the large hnds on DD, if relative to that the regular DD hands on DDP would look proportionally right. And which I should be using on DDS...

They look like they're wearing gloves made from their murder victims.

dd-hand-ddp.jpg

The wrist size doesn't match at all.

cfx
6 minutes ago, foo said:

Those aren't DD hands actually. The 'open' hand on DDs is a paper-flat hand. The one that has fingers spread & bent are the big hands which would look massive on DDP.

Then I am confused. I thought the only DDP-specific hands were the basic style that come with Iori and Yayoi? Their page not only shows those I posted, but pointing and fist hands, which I thought were just the regular DD hands:

https://www.volks.co.jp/imas/ddp_iori_yayoi/

or are they showing hands that don't actually exist to buy?

mdl_DDPIori_Yayoi_p02.jpg

mdl_DDPIori_Yayoi_p03.jpg

foo
1 minute ago, cfx said:

are they showing hands that don't actually exist to buy?

Yes, they were cruel.

The Volks parts-fit guide only says MDD hands sorta-fit (not a double circle) with DDP hands, DD hands have a triangle which means, well, it looks like a meat glove. This is the latest guide I got this year,

dd-interchangeable-parts.jpg

If you try MDD hands on a DDP you can force them on, but there's a gap between the wrist and the bottom of the palm that's exposed. And they look weird.

• Thanks 1

cfx

I see. As I don't (yet?) have a DDP, I didn't realize one point until seeing your picture above, which is that the wrist joint and ball is significantly smaller, though it makes sense.

Especially with those Volks pictures, I was assuming the only issue was that the DD hands would be larger in appearance but not look inappropriate in how they fit on the wrist. That idea was supported by that first picture I posted where the hands do look kind of large. I knew they weren't showing MDD hands because those all have the stubby fingers since they're made to look like kids' hands.

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, foo said:

They look like they're wearing gloves made from their murder victims.

Well, there was that one episode of iM@S where the "three sisters" got caught up in a murder mystery.

• Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

WhiteLotus

I am getting a DDP for Christmas but my daughter has a MDD with a couple of sets of hands, so I will have to try it out.

solebria
15 hours ago, cfx said:

Then I am confused. I thought the only DDP-specific hands were the basic style that come with Iori and Yayoi? Their page not only shows those I posted, but pointing and fist hands, which I thought were just the regular DD hands:

https://www.volks.co.jp/imas/ddp_iori_yayoi/

or are they showing hands that don't actually exist to buy?

mdl_DDPIori_Yayoi_p02.jpg

mdl_DDPIori_Yayoi_p03.jpg

Aren't those the regular size DD hands? I own them and they fit that exact way (as the Iori and Yayoi pictures) on my DDP. I believe there are the regular size that look rather small on a DD or DDS and the large/big hands fit better on them.

The regular look great imo on a DDP but the large/big hands look like gloves, as @BeyondTime pointed out. I think this is the reason why Volks isn't creating DDP hands anytime soon... because they fit and look ok?

4Z4GaD2m.jpg AvaY8w2m.jpg

btw these are some quick pictures of my DDP with the DD regular size hands.

Edited by solebria

foo

Hmm, that’s looks better than when I tried it, but the other problem is that they slip off and spin easily. The ones they show in those pictures are different sculpts. 

BeyondTime
57 minutes ago, solebria said:

Aren't those the regular size DD hands? I own them and they fit that exact way (as the Iori and Yayoi pictures) on my DDP. I believe there are the regular size that look rather small on a DD or DDS and the large/big hands fit better on them.

The regular look great imo on a DDP but the large/big hands look like gloves, as @BeyondTime pointed out. I think this is the reason why Volks isn't creating DDP hands anytime soon... because they fit and look ok?

4Z4GaD2m.jpg AvaY8w2m.jpg

btw these are some quick pictures of my DDP with the DD regular size hands.

To me the one on the right looks like a good fit, but the one on the left is too big. That's partly due to hand size compared to the arm, but also partly due to the fit at the wrist.

That kind of brings up an interesting point. The wrist fit depends somewhat on how the vinyl has been trimmed, and it's not consistent. I have a pair of hands with the V fingers that are so tight on DD that there is a slight tear in the vinyl from putting them on. Those might actually work on DDP, partly because of the wrist, and partly because that hand pose is pretty narrow.

cfx
11 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

To me the one on the right looks like a good fit, but the one on the left is too big.

That was my thought too. However, I just don't like those loosely-fisted hands and always think they look weird. I know they're really popular especially for kitty poses so it's one of my quirks. The large ones are shaped better, but they're the one type of hands that I think looks too large, because of how they're shaped at the wrist end.

13 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I have a pair of hands with the V fingers that are so tight on DD that there is a slight tear in the vinyl from putting them on.

I haven't had that issue, but I always heat the hands with a hair dryer before putting them on or taking them off the wrists. I also prefer to have wrists for all the hands so that isn't necessary to do much. I guess if they're really tight they might tear anyway just from the stress of being on.

solebria
35 minutes ago, foo said:

Hmm, that’s looks better than when I tried it, but the other problem is that they slip off and spin easily. The ones they show in those pictures are different sculpts. 

Are you talking about the regular size one spinning easily? I am guessing it would be based on experience because mine don't at all. However, I have had similar experience with with new DDf3 wrists joints... received some fine and some super spinny. They cannot hold on anything. 😖

About the sculpts, the pointing hands are identical... granted mine are pointing down and in different lighting but the dainty parts and the bending are way too similar. However, yeah the other, the 'fisted' hands, are different to the one in the official pictures. Mine are the 'rock hands' and not the 'loosely fisted' hands.

21 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

To me the one on the right looks like a good fit, but the one on the left is too big. That's partly due to hand size compared to the arm, but also partly due to the fit at the wrist.

That kind of brings up an interesting point. The wrist fit depends somewhat on how the vinyl has been trimmed, and it's not consistent. I have a pair of hands with the V fingers that are so tight on DD that there is a slight tear in the vinyl from putting them on. Those might actually work on DDP, partly because of the wrist, and partly because that hand pose is pretty narrow.

Hmm trimming might be the case! That is a good point you brought up. This might mean that certain hands will fit/look fine but others not so much, huh.

Also I just noticed how covering the wrist makes it fool the eye...for example in the Yayoi and Iori pictures you see them covering the wrist with the armbands so the wrist joint doesn't show too make it obvious like the pictures I took. This purposely fools the eye to believe the hands are the right size because you are not comparing it to the wrist joint.

Edited by solebria

Lynn

Has anybody tried Smartdoll hands on DDP? I only have loosely fisted hands (normal hands) and outstreched Miku hands (large hands, I believe?) from Volks, so I can't really compare Volks' hands and Smartdoll hands, but Smartdoll hands seem to be more delicate? At least from inside they are smaller, I had to modify my DDS wristparts, so that she could use Smartdoll hands.

cfx

The Miku hands exist in both the regular and large sizes so you could have either.

Lynn

My Miku hands are bought second hand from Mandarake, so no telling then which of ones they are. I have to say they are almost as big as Smartdoll guy hands, though. O.O (Just compared them.)

Lynn

Thanks for letting me know, jadepixel! I have wanted to buy DDP for some time now, but the lack of hands stopped me. Now that I know I can use Smartdoll hands with my DDP, problem has been solved.

cfx

I found another Volks page that further explains the fit and shortcomings of the available hand options for DDP:

https://www.dollfiedream.tokyo/dd_en/item/op_hand/

DD Size Hand Parts:

• Wrist Joint Fit: a little loose
  • Hand Parts Fit: a bit big and more expressive

MDD Size Hand Parts:

• Write Joint Fit: right fit
  • Hand Parts Fit: a bit small and looks cute

• Like 1