Jump to content

PrettyCranium

Yami Usagi

Baldylox

otakusan

Poofiemus

iomi

Baldylox

archangeli

Juu Yuki

Uriko

Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Salica

Ui-

When is the next meet up in Seattle?

Recommended Posts

Ui-

Anyone from around this area? It would be fun to meet up and take photos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ui-

Speaking of Seattle, will anyone be at Sakura Con 2020? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galvatim
2 hours ago, Ui- said:

Speaking of Seattle, will anyone be at Sakura Con 2020? 

My friends and I are planning on going again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ui-
On 1/13/2020 at 11:05 PM, Galvatim said:

My friends and I are planning on going again.  

Cool. :) I’ll see you there if you go. My badge says Ui 😂 Already pre-ordered. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ui-

Okay so I’m going to a schedule a meet up for Friday at noon at Sakura Con this year. I got a hotel room and my badge. I’ll be bringing 3-4 dolls, including Rem, and a few outfits. You’re welcome to try my outfits on for pictures if you like. :)

Looking to meet up on the Thursday at badge pickup too. That’s when I checkin to my hotel and drop my things off. I usually dress up and do something on Thursday too. It’ll be fun if anyone is around then to meet up as well. :) Let me know. If anyone needs a place to drop their things off for a little while, I’ll have my room for you to use. :)

I’ll post a separate thread when it gets closer to Sakura Con!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galvatim

There's a cafeteria area at the convention center where the doll meets usually occur.  It seemed to be daily at the last few Sakura Cons I went to.  I think either a Facebook group or someone on DOA organized it.  I'm sure we'll know more soon.  

I found my thread from last year's con:

@Silverwing wants me to bring my Rem this year, as he's planning to get Ram.  I haven't decided if Natsuki will be returning or not.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ui-
4 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

There's a cafeteria area at the convention center where the doll meets usually occur.  It seemed to be daily at the last few Sakura Cons I went to.  I think either a Facebook group or someone on DOA organized it.  I'm sure we'll know more soon.  

I found my thread from last year's con:

@Silverwing wants me to bring my Rem this year, as he's planning to get Ram.  I haven't decided if Natsuki will be returning or not.   

Very cool. I’ll be bringing my Rem and Ram as well as my two customs. I HOPE my Jibril from No Game No Life is done in time haha. Doing her custom on a DDS. I’ll probably bring Towa too. I have a hotel room so it should be fine. I didn’t see anything last year, but I must’ve just missed it. My total custom is a MDD with a Dollce head. I’ll be bringing 3-5 dolls. :) Should be a good time; I’m excited. I hope to meet some other people in this hobby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silverwing

Sorry that we missed you last year but I'm excited to get together with you all again this year! I'm already counting down the days. 🤣 Rin will definitely be with me this year. Hopefully Ram too if I'm able to find one in time. 😍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ui-

Since they pushed Sakura Con back until next year, and let us keep our badges, looks like I’ll have some more interesting things to show. 
 

Since everyone is bringing Rem and Ram, I’ll bring Emilia too. Hopefully—HOPEFULLY—my Beatrice MDD will be done by then too. Would be cool to have all four girls together. I just bought a DWC-01 sculpt and I’m going to sand the eyes flat and then touch up with paint. I’ll have to look more closely at her pictures to see if I have to do any more work on the head. 
 

See you guys in 2021. :) Maybe Jadepixel will be going too. Lots of us in WA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Galvatim

@Silverwing, @mitsuki and I are still planning to visit Seattle sometime this year, since we have airfare and a place to stay booked.   Currently, we're thinking some time in August.  

Don't know our plans for Sakuracon next year, but I'm hoping to go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ui-
On 5/28/2020 at 6:58 PM, Galvatim said:

@Silverwing, @mitsuki and I are still planning to visit Seattle sometime this year, since we have airfare and a place to stay booked.   Currently, we're thinking some time in August.  

Don't know our plans for Sakuracon next year, but I'm hoping to go.  

I hope you do. Would you be willing to do a social distanced meet up in August? I’d love to meet you both and your girls. Plus I have Emilia (and Rem and Ram so we can make funny clone pictures, making Emilia look confused xD) ao it’d be perfect. Anywhere you want to meet up I can go to. I live in the Seattle area. 
 

I don’t have ONE friend who is into dolls. They’re all afraid of them. I’ve never shown anyone in person, my dolls, and it kinda makes me sad. They make me so happy and I put so much money into them. Money takes time and effort to earn. I EARNED these dolls. I want to share my beauties with others. I’d love to swap clothes for pictures. Wigs too. Dollfies are so important to me (and my sanity). Call me crazy, but, and especially, during this pandemic, they’re my salvation. 
 

Maybe @jadepixel can meet up with us too. She is who sold me Emilia and we live like 20 minutes apart. We can both probably get to anywhere in the Seattle area in August. September is my birthday haha. Too bad you’re not here around then. We could have our own little Dolpa. 😂
 

I'm excited to meet you all. Thanks for welcoming me into the community. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silverwing
On 5/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, Ui- said:

I don’t have ONE friend who is into dolls. They’re all afraid of them. I’ve never shown anyone in person, my dolls, and it kinda makes me sad. They make me so happy and I put so much money into them. Money takes time and effort to earn. I EARNED these dolls. I want to share my beauties with others. I’d love to swap clothes for pictures. Wigs too. Dollfies are so important to me (and my sanity). Call me crazy, but, and especially, during this pandemic, they’re my salvation. 
 

This, Right here. Ohhhh the feels. I know exactly how you feel. I had been in the hobby since 2012 and it wasn't until about the time that I started spending more time with Mitsuki and Galvatim that we finally all met up at Sakura Con a few years ago. I didn't really have anyone local to me that I knew of that was into the hobby. I live in the cultural wasteland of central washington though. 🤣 But I know what you mean. Part of the fun of all of this is meeting other like minded people and having these dolls out in public. (They are massive attention getters and lead to a lot of questions from interested people) Also, the multitude of impromptu photo ops lead to a lot of in jokes and hilariousness. 

 

spacer.png

This was while we spend about 3 hours in line to meet Kari Wahlgren. To this day we don't know if Saber was Helping Miku into the bag because she was tired of standing or if Miku was helping Saber out of the bag because she was tired of sitting. 🤣

Edited by Silverwing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ui-
On 6/8/2020 at 3:25 AM, Silverwing said:

This, Right here. Ohhhh the feels. I know exactly how you feel. I had been in the hobby since 2012 and it wasn't until about the time that I started spending more time with Mitsuki and Galvatim that we finally all met up at Sakura Con a few years ago. I didn't really have anyone local to me that I knew of that was into the hobby. I live in the cultural wasteland of central washington though. 🤣 But I know what you mean. Part of the fun of all of this is meeting other like minded people and having these dolls out in public. (They are massive attention getters and lead to a lot of questions from interested people) Also, the multitude of impromptu photo ops lead to a lot of in jokes and hilariousness. 

 

spacer.png

This was while we spend about 3 hours in line to meet Kari Wahlgren. To this day we don't know if Saber was Helping Miku into the bag because she was tired of standing or if Miku was helping Saber out of the bag because she was tired of sitting. 🤣

Looks to me like Miku is desperately trying to save Saber from being king-napped. 
 

You can do it, Miku! Borrow her sword! Or unlimited of them!

 

ahhhh I’m dying to go to a convention. I have a feeling NEXT Sakura Con will be delayed too... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silverwing

I wouldn't worry about it too much. One of two things will happen with this bug. By then we'll either have a vaccine, or it will have run its course through the population enough to the point its spread will be severely limited. This feels like it will be forever but I think things will be back to normal. But if you ever find yourself in central Washington, shoot me a message. I'm always up to do a photoshoot or meetup.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ui-
24 minutes ago, Silverwing said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. One of two things will happen with this bug. By then we'll either have a vaccine, or it will have run its course through the population enough to the point its spread will be severely limited. This feels like it will be forever but I think things will be back to normal. But if you ever find yourself in central Washington, shoot me a message. I'm always up to do a photoshoot or meetup.

Likewise, if you’re ever hear Snohomish or the greater Seattle area, it would be fun. I’ve been quarantined since January or so. Haven’t really seen anyone since then. Going crazy haha. 
 

The thing is though, my main area of study is medicine. I know a lot about vaccines. This virus is only the beginning. Trust me. The Spanish flu was horrible. It took almost three years to run its course. The problem with that was the fact that it, the normal H1N1 influenza, picked up a bird flu strain and mutated. It became so bad that there were 50 million deaths worldwide and 500 million people infected. If you want to talk about the bubonic plague, it wiped out nearly 20% of the population. But that 1918 Spanish flu didn’t go away until 1921. Those numbers are terrifying. This novel coronavirus is also incredibly different from anything we’ve seen so far. 
 

I will say one effective way to stop the spread of it is by using a mouthwash with at least 28-40% ethanol for 30 seconds. This will destroy the lipid envelope surrounding the virus and prevent the spread. It doesn’t last long and we’re looking into other options, and even still the data is limited and not very reliable, but I truly believe that it helps. Gargling for 30 seconds can and rinsing with a mouthwash should help. They’ve already proven it work in-vitro and in-vivo to destroy COVID-19’s lipid envelope, but how long that last and whether or not it’s effective is another story. The data isn’t sufficient enough. But it can’t hurt to try. The mild irritation isn’t as big of a deal imo.

 

So while what you say could happen, it’s not likely, and the vaccination for this isn’t as easy either. Even in people who have contracted and beaten it, their antibodies are disappearing. So how are we going to develop a vaccine for something like that? It’s crazy right now. I just happen to know a lot more about the medicine behind it because of schooling. We’re in for the long haul. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Silverwing

Yikes January. I've been locked in my house since about march when things started to get serious But I know it was getting bad in the seattle area way before that. I'm lucky though I can work from my house and I don't really need to head outside other than to get food occasionally or groceries. That's really cool that you have medical training though! I was a 68W M6 (combat medic/Practical nurse) when I was in the army Towards the end of my career I was working as a lab tech and field analyst for USAMRIID. Though most of my work was centered around filoviruses like Marburg and Ebola. That's really interesting about the mouthwash burning off the lipid envelope though. I hadn't heard that yet. Even if it doesn't last long every little bit helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ui-

I finally am vaccinated. I truly hope Sakura Con happens next year. I can’t wait to meet you guys. One of my friends will come along to help me carry my dolls since I only have so many proper doll cases haha. I have a few (like Jibril and Shiro from NGNL) who are custom that I really want to share with y’all. 
 

Glad I’ll be able to bring the new Snow Miku too. :) That dress is sooooo gorgeous. I just wonder how I’ll style the huge wig.  :3

 

Hope to *finally* meet up, everyone! Next one will be the ooonnnnneee! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.