Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AshbelEro

Shaping vinyl heads?

AshbelEro

So I'm getting a pretty standard parabox head with the Pure Neemo body I ordered... And I'm wondering how much sculpting it would take.

For instance, could I heat the vinyl and shape a mouth and lips with tools? How easy is it to cut the eyeholes and make a significant shape to the rims? I'd love to give my girl some nice full lips and a slightly open-looking mouth.

Tira

I don't think you can reshape the vinyl if you want fuller lips; you'd need to sculpt them on the head with additional material. As far as cutting the eyeholes, I'd recommend getting cheap fashion dolls somewhere, like Goodwill, and practicing on those first; cutting the vinyl itself won't be hard, but getting the correct shape at 1/6th scale will probably be difficult.

Given how much you want to modify the head, I think it might be easier to just get a different head from Parabox. They have several 1/6th head molds with eyeholes, in both anime and more realistic styles.

AshbelEro
1 minute ago, Tira said:

Given how much you want to modify the head, I think it might be easier to just get a different head from Parabox. They have several 1/6th head molds with eyeholes, in both anime and more realistic styles.

That's true, but they aren't going to have any kind of mouth I want. I'd still need to modify them for the particular design I'm thinking of. What additional material takes well to it? Because I can't seem to find anyone who agrees.

Tira
6 minutes ago, AshbelEro said:

That's true, but they aren't going to have any kind of mouth I want. I'd still need to modify them for the particular design I'm thinking of. What additional material takes well to it? Because I can't seem to find anyone who agrees.

I'm not sure what material works best for vinyl; I know epoxy is frequently used with resin dolls, but I don't know if it works as well with vinyl.

Even if you can't find exactly what you want, it's worth taking a look. Adding more to pre-existing lips, or even just emphasizing them with the face-up, seems like an easier task than sculpting lips from scratch on a head that small.

AshbelEro

I have actually looked at all of the parabox heads on offer. I have considered several models. I'm just not sold on anything yet.