Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gallye

Dollfie Dream Jointed Hands

Gallye

I bought (an absolute hot mess of) a modded Dollfie Dream from Mandarake, and she came with 3rd-party jointed DD hands! Used - obviously - and darkened with age, but pretty cool nonetheless.

spacer.png

You can see how the hands are slightly darker and yellower than the wrist sticks, probably from age.

The hands are held onto the rotating wrist balls with magnets:

spacer.png

The left hand above is curled into as much of a fist as these hands can make. They don't close all the way, but they could be made to close around basket handles or pistol grips or what have you.

The fingers are cast onto thin white plastic 'cables'. Unfortunately, because of age and use, the plastic thread inside the right thumb has stretched out and broken. (Maybe the previous owner turned the thumb back and forth a lot.) I can still push the end of the cable into the thumb hole and get it to stay, but a good thump will make it fall right back out again.

spacer.png

They hold a pose pretty well. Once I carefully push the fingers into place, they just stay.

spacer.png

You can see how the hands don't really match the semi-white doll body. I have no idea how much of that is due to age, though - it could have been a mismatch from the start, or possibly these hands were meant to match normal vinyl instead.

The wrist sticks are also a bit thin and tend to fall out. Again, they could totally just be worn down from age and use. A drop of dried nail polish on the wrist stick will fix that right up.

All in all, I think the jointed hands are neat, but I don't know if I'll keep using them. The color mismatch is less noticeable under regular lights, but the broken thumb is a problem. (Also, I feel like non-jointed hands are more aesthetically pleasing on a DD, but that's just me!)

I did some research and found the original maker:

http://gensoushop.cart.fc2.com

Among other things the shop has jointed hands for several sizes and jointed 'high heel' feet. A bit pricey, but quite nice!

• Like 2

cfx

Unless all of that has significantly yellowed, I believe they're intended for normal/flesh, because that skin tone is more yellow than semi-white that's more pinkish.

I'm not sure yours have yellowed or at least not significantly. The banner on the maker's site shows the hands with the same color variation as yours, with the body of the hand darker than the fingers.

I've seen these types of hands being used in various pictures here and there. Personally I find them an interesting curiousity, but not something I would ever use because I think they're kind of ugly, and remind me too much of skeleton hands.

RaveOfNightmares

That's pretty neat, kinda reminds me of PG Gundam model hands.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

sunlightandtea

Wow, those have got to be the coolest dollfie dream hands I've ever seen. They look like so much fun to play with! 💖

bulgogi017

Aw, it’s unfortunate that it’s mismatched! They don’t look too huge on the DD body as I’ve seen with jointed hands on some other DDs.