Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Subaru

Subaru's Photo Dump

baldylox
13 hours ago, Subaru said:

@cfx Thanks! Yeah since this is an old release. The sculpt has a ton of potential though! She's not that expensive either which is nice. (For Head/Body/Wig I paid ~$280 shipped from Mandarake)

----

Bonus pic:

DSC07015.png
I ought to invest in a chair or stand instead of using my water cup.

Oh my word.  I own an Excellen that Freya repainted so I know how good a sculpt this girl really is.  But you have done a truly AMAZING job with her!  She is completely gorgeous!  I've always loved your work ( I own 2 heads you did! ) and this one solidifies why I do.  She just comes alive now with your touch on her.  Congrats on such a beautiful lady!  <3 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime

I ought to invest in a chair or stand instead of using my water cup.

She's really stunning, and I think the cup just helps make her look like she's being very casual and laid back.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Subaru

Got around to painting my sakura who's been sitting around blank for 2 years...

spacer.png

• Like 7

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Subaru

some more stuff

DSC07047.png

DSC07050.png

DSC07066.png

------------

Wowwww this weekend I was able to resolve two headless bodies....... yay....... 

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 6

spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

cfx
26 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

That backlit pic of Sakura 😍

Yes that's lovely. @onion24@

It's probably due to the fuller face and all the hair, but it's interesting how Excellen's head looks so much larger than Sakura's in the pic of them together.

Subaru

@cfx yeah excellen’s head is quite a bit bigger. One day I’ll decapitate all the girls and line em up....

spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Singer Yuna
8 hours ago, Subaru said:

Weekend gals.

DSC07075.png

Excellent (pun intended) makeup job on both, I love them. But from all your new pics I choose Tawny, pure chocolate beauty @onion14@

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

lardroom
12 hours ago, Subaru said:

some more stuff

DSC07066.png

------------

Wowwww this weekend I was able to resolve two headless bodies....... yay....... 

Wow. I love this.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Weekend gals.

Your work is just awesome.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Subaru

I was able to get home early from work today due to the curfew... I enhanced Manaka’s default make-up with the extra time 

8860A919-87CB-4D59-B61B-3CD24EDC3F13.jpeg

C8890692-E0C4-4A29-9D3F-5D19010C4AA5.jpeg

image.png.494ec235c47140032c348d76c0a209ee.png

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 6

spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Subaru

Brought Manaka with me to work today to see if taking pictures of her would "cure" me of not bonding with her.

I think she's still really cute, but I'm still a little undecided.

49970531978_1d8803dab2_h.jpgDSC07135 by ☆プレアデス☆, on Flickr

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 2

spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

cfx

You've made Manaka into the only one I've ever seen that I like at all. :)

However, I just really don't care for this style of some old Volks DDs where the forehead is so tall and the face so vertically compressed, that the face is on less than half of the head, height-wise. It's further emphasized on Manaka with her eyebrows being so so far away from her eyes. It's her look, but it isn't my thing.

That's just my take on her, in case that somehow helps you decide how you feel.

Jezrah

? Your eyes are supposed to be in the middle of your head, height-wise, but moving the eyes slightly lower is a typical way to make a character more chibi. I don't really like Manaka when she's on a DD body because she looks so chibi, so to me it feels like she should be either an MDD, or maybe a DDP at most.

I like how you've styled your Manaka, especially the floofy wig. She reminds me of a Precious Moments doll in that outfit. :)

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

cfx

In the middle, sure. Below the middle, for me, no.

I don't like chibi at all, and think it's especially weird on DDs. Dislike DDH-01. Dislike most MDDs. Just my own taste. @onion37@

Maybe I'm eseentially agreeing with you since you think Manaka shouldn't be DD, and I think maybe that's what's actually weird to me; this very child-like face on a tall and very adult body. She seems more like she'd be at home as a MDD.

Edit: I didn't mean to just post negative crap about someone's doll in their own photo thread which I think in general is a lousy thing to do; @Subaru isn't sure so I thought I'd add how I feel about her; maybe I made a bad choice.

Edited by cfx

Subaru

@cfx nah its fine.

And yeah, like everyone else in this thread so far. I do think Manaka looked weird on the DD body, I think she still look a little too mature for the MDD body, so I've put her on the DDP body. I think it works really well proportionately. (tho my picture makes her look reallly leggy/elongated lol)

DSC07145

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 3

spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

cfx

I think that works quite well and as Jezrah said the floofy hair is a good look for her. :)

Considering how she's meant to look younger than Tamaki, I'd have to think had DDP existed back then Volks might've made her that way.

Jezrah

I like her on the DDP, it's a good balance. I don't think she looks too leggy at all. 🥰

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Singer Yuna

Wow, she is impressive in DDP, teenage lil angel ^^

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Subaru said:

I do think Manaka looked weird on the DD body

She makes me think of Alice in Wonderland.