Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Silent

mini dollfie dream head - size

Silent

Is mini dollfie dream head smaller than regular dollfie dream head? If yes, how much approximately? :)  Or do mini dollfie dreams share heads with other dollfie dream models?

DML
1 hour ago, AmaFromEU said:

Is mini dollfie dream head smaller than regular dollfie dream head? If yes, how much approximately? :)  Or do mini dollfie dreams share heads with other dollfie dream models?

They are the same size a regular DD head.  Just every head from 01 to 10 has a different  forehead , eyes, cheeks, nose, mouth and chin shape. 01 and 10 is usually is best suited for a MDD body.    

Edited by Meow

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, AmaFromEU said:

Is mini dollfie dream head smaller than regular dollfie dream head? If yes, how much approximately?

Can you provide some context for the question? If you are interested in wig sizes, then the answer is more complex than “one size fits all.”

As far as the bodies go, the neck peg will fit every head, but some heads will be oversized on an MDD or DDP neck and you will see a gap in the fit. For example a DDH-09 will look a bit bobble-headed on a DDP body, but you certainly can attach a DDH-09 head to a DDP

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Silent
3 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Can you provide some context for the question? If you are interested in wig sizes, then the answer is more complex than “one size fits all.”

Not a wigs. Just the size of head itself.

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
23 minutes ago, AmaFromEU said:

Not a wigs. Just the size of head itself.

It would be really great if someone could maybe put together a head chart with sizes and comparison photos. We’ve talked about it in the past, but it’s never happened. 

By the way, I love your Volks Europe signature! I’m in the USA, but I strongly support the idea of a Volks EU branch. You guys really need a Volks branch within your own customs union.  

The US got lucky because the Shigeta family’s son and daughter went to college in the US. I think that made it easier for them to start a branch here. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

I used to have a link to some pages that showed the DDH-01 (what is most often used for MDD) together with some of the larger heads like DDH-07 and DDH-09. Unfortunately, it was a Yahoo Japan blog, and those all disappeared when Yahoo discontinued the service.

@turbow has a picture comparing DDH-01 and DDH-10 (also most typically used on MDD or DDP) here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbow/28150753883/

One thing to be aware of: while DD heads are all compatible with all bodies, in terms of the neck hole that goes on the pin being the same size. the well that fits over the vinyl neck is smaller on DDH-01 and DDH-10, so you get a bit of a "giraffe neck" look with those heads on the larger bodies. In the same way, the well in the other heads is larger than the MDD or DDP vinyl necks so the heads don't fit as stably and wobble around more. This is true even for the licensed Iori and Yayoi though so it's not a huge deal.

The head diameter, as relates to wig size, isn't much different, but DDH-01 in particular is a much rounder shorter head, probably just because it's meant to look like a child.

3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

It would be really great if someone could maybe put together a head chart with sizes and comparison photos. We’ve talked about it in the past, but it’s never happened.

The head chart is on my list of things I want to do, though I won't have that many different heads to actually be able to put into it.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, cfx said:

The head chart is on my list of things I want to do, though I won't have that many different heads to actually be able to put into it.

I was originally thinking of more of a group effort with people photographing the heads they have and having them added to a database that contained information useful to people who want to customize dolls.

cfx

Sure. Someone has to start it though, and come up with some general guidelines like how to photograph the heads and measure them.

Edited by cfx
I sound agressive, not intended...

Singer Yuna
23 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

By the way, I love your Volks Europe signature! I’m in the USA, but I strongly support the idea of a Volks EU branch. You guys really need a Volks branch within your own customs union.  

I love it too! Can I add to my signature too Ama? I still remember the shutdown of Volks Korea, they deserve theirs back too.

17 hours ago, cfx said:

Sure. Someone has to start it though, and come up with some general guidelines like how to photograph the heads and measure them.

I’m SO in! I cherish a lot the work done by Okami with his DD collection, specially the im@s girls. I would like to see in that database too the hidden numbers in the heads, but with only the profiles and the different head shapes I’m happy too ^^

And now, back on topic, the MDD with bigger heads it’s a matter of tastes too. You can use every head if you put turtleneck sweaters or so for the eye not noticing the how big is the head and how little the shoulders, but for example to me there are some heads that look disproportionated in MDD so I mainly stick with DDH01 and 10.

Edited by Singer Yuna
  • Like 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Silent
On 1/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, Singer Yuna said:

I love it too! Can I add to my signature too Ama? I still remember the shutdown of Volks Korea, they deserve theirs back too.

I would be glad. :)  I also have it on T-shirt. By the way it is some kind of campaign. I will be glad if this sitgnature and picture gets viral and/or is put on items like t-shirts, mugs, jumpers etc. I should somewhere have the original file. I announce that my signature and its visual is open source (just remember it is made by me - that is all :)  )

• Like 1