Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

February Collection 2020

Monty

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/event/dress/2002.html

Suit for DD boys SUITS FOR DD BOYS SUITS FOR DD BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!! (DD girls too of course)

The pompom skirts are back again, and theres some cute kigurumi stuff. Luckily nothing else catches my interest but.... suits for DD boys, nothing could make me happier.

edit: Oh, and it goes on sale on the 22nd.

edit 2: Pages are now working and its even better, it has examples of it on a girl as well (although with a different shirt - even though it does say it fits up to L buts for DDS and DD). Also love the suspenders, and the fact that it looks like those are the new shoes SB-SD-246 as well.
https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992427911.html

Edited by Monty

cfx

I'm sorry @Monty, I didn't see your topic when I posted. I checked before I started writing to see if there was already a topic, and I think what happened was yours wasn't up then but I took so long writing that by the time I submitted it was. I've asked Billy to delete mine and I've copied what I wrote below:

I never expected the existence of DD guys to lead to anything for me personally as I'm not interested in guy dolls at all though I'm happy they exist for others, but it turns out I'm getting clothing I want that I wouldn't otherwise.

I'm hyperventilating over that Dark Navy Suit, made specifically for DDs, and only DDs (DD/DDS/DDB/DDSB)! @onion30@

SB-SD-245 white ankle strap pumps should be nice, and SB-SD-246 will be nice dress shoes, if they aren't huge.

Happy to see the white pom pom skirt is back, between this, the Volks USA lottery for the Dolpa 42 release, and an eventual Volks USA lottery for this one, maybe Ranko can get what she wants.

I think those are it for me, but that suit makes me very happy.

It's interesting to see the red and ivory sailor dresses, which are color variations of the blue from Dolpa 42 that was a Best Rerelease though the full-size one never actually existed before.

As for something to bitch about, I hate how the event pages now only show a single picture of each item, and just link to the webstore. Dolpa 42 was the same way so it appears that's how it will be from now on. Since items are eventually removed from the webstore after they sell out, that means in the future there will be very little reference left online for previous outfit releases. Sadness.

@onion4@

Monty

I think what happened was we both sensed DD suits at the same time and got extremely fired up about them and couldn't contain ourselves. @onion37@

edit: Just realised that the white tuxedos may be recolours of a silver suit that came out in February Collection 2016. (Which also featured kigurumi). I really wanted that suit then, and am tempted again, but I dont think it would fit well on a DD like I hope it would. Luckily of course there's an actual DD suit now but I still wonder... it really makes me want a resin lad to put it on but that's not going to happen any time soon, especially not after Arle hit and run my bank account.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

cfx

Hopefully everyone else isn't as excited as we are or that suit will sell out in 30 seconds in the clickwar.

I do expect I'll be seeing a lot of 9ses in blue suits on Instagram later this month. :classic_laugh:

I think they just show the blue shirt on the girl DD to show it in a more casual look. So far the girls' suits have all had something like that to make them slightly less formal or more girly or whatever; the gray "fresh" suit from a year ago had ruffles on the shirt; the old one I have that I had on Luka in a pic has a collar with really long points that's meant to be worn open without a tie. I do find it funny that they show the DD girl wearing the SB-SD16G-078 shoes, which are not rated to fit DD because the front opening goes so far forward it leaves the toes exposed.

50 minutes ago, Monty said:

edit: Just realised that the white tuxedos may be recolours of a silver suit that came out in February Collection 2016. (Which also featured kigurumi). I really wanted that suit then, and am tempted again, but I dont think it would fit well on a DD like I hope it would.

Yes I don't think an SDGrB suit will fit DD well at all. I have some related experience that didn't work out well. The Deep Blue military outfits:

https://www.volks.co.jp/htd_osaka9/sumika_dc/

The "Stylish" one is stated to fit SD13B、SDGrB、SD16、DD(SS/S/M/L). I wanted this outfit and one finally showed up on Mandarake and I got it. Fit on DD is so poor I'm surprised Volks claims it fits at all. The sleeves on the jacket are so long they extend to the knuckles on the hands on DD. Sleeves are long on many outfits, but not that long. The jacket is also so long it touches the ground. And overall everything is just large and loose-fitting, though in that respect perhaps not worse than some other SD outfits are on DD.

Volks themselves either realized their mistake here because in the rerelease of these outfits as Abyss Black, that particular one no longer claims to fit DD, and there is the new SDB one that is the same design but smaller, and it does fit DD decently. I found it interesting--I laid the jackets from these two on top of each other and lined them up best as I could. It looks like they're made from the exact same pattern except the sleeves were shortened about 3/8" and the length of the coat by about 1.5" (I think, don't remember for sure how much it was now). In general, I suspect shoulders would be too wide for DD as well, but in the case of these military outfits, they have the extended/shoulder pad look so it's fine.

Another Edit (lol): I just realized that the Flower Fairy and Water Fairy outfits are modified rereleases as well:

https://www.volks.co.jp/dolpa33/sumika_dc/

I really don't like the fur they added to them. I probably like the old colors better but I bet these would be nice too without that fur. :-|

Volks does this sometimes anyway, but this does suggest they may do some rereleases that are likely based on the voting results but won't be labeled as a Best rerelease.

Edited by cfx

Katiazza

This is an outfit I owned years ago from YJA. I don't have it anymore but the similarities between this and the Syrup Rabbit outfits is a bit uncanny

Edit: This outfit also came with a detachable pom-pom bunny tail

Screenshot_20200207-122908~2.png

Edited by Katiazza
More info

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

MichelleAK

I love the Water Fairy outfits. I'd like to get both the Mini and DD-sized so my "sisters" can be matching. (My MDD Liliru arrived yesterday! She's so cute!) The bunny slippers and purse are cute, but I don't care much for the outfits that go with them. For my resin boys, I really like the boy's white tux. I'd like to get it for my Shirou. 

angelicore

oh my goodness, the syrup rabbit outfits! i don't even have a doll the proper size for those yet but they're so cute that i still want to buy them just for when i eventually do ♡(.◜ω◝.)♡

♡ (they/them) ♡

mayaiincho

Maybe those bunny slippers... My girls could use another pair. 

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Gallye

OoooOOOoooh, those suits! It leads me to hope that maybe we'll get a DDB standard model at some point...

Galvatim

I'm not that impressed with the updates to the fairy outfits.  I have the tree fairy set, which is the basis for the new flower fairy, and much prefer the original earthy tones.  I'd love to get the original flower fairy set, which is the basis of the water fairy set, and it's very confusing to have 2 different outfits with the same name.  Hopefully that's just Google Translate.  

I'm pretty sure I voted for this collection in the Best Of poll, too.  It's disappointing that what Volks is doing isn't quite what I wanted.  On the other hand, the new trim on the bustiers won't deteriorate like the faux leather trim of the original is.  

The suit looks nice.  I'm not sure I'll get it, but those of you with Makoto , like @Silverwing, should strongly consider it.  If it looked more like Saber's suit from Fate/Zero, I'd be all over it.  

BeyondTime

That dress on Oscar. @onion1@

Those white Tuxedos. @onion1@

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani

I’m loving the Mermaid Dress and really want it for 2B but I do wonder how well it will fit. They list DDDy as compatible but I just worry it won’t sit as well as on the sample SD. Maybe I’ll luck out and they will have it on a DDDy in store. 

Nice to see a DD tux. I have no use for it but I know plenty of others wanted one, specially with all those 9S’s floating around now. 

Im also a little disappointed that they swapped the colors/design for the Water Fairy stuff. I loved those original releases but not so much this pallet. 

cfx

I'm happy that Volks is releasing stuff to cover such a variety of tastes lately. I just realized that, because of how excited I am for the DD suit, while others here at talking about rabbit outfits and I was thinking I didn't even know what those were and I had to go back and look to see. Then I realized why; I looked over the stuff initially and saw those and thought "oh, more cutesy pastel stuff I have no interest in as usual" and immediately I forgot about them or they didn't even register on my mind since I was so wowed by the formalwear.

@onion37@

5 hours ago, Galvatim said:

I'd love to get the original flower fairy set, which is the basis of the water fairy set, and it's very confusing to have 2 different outfits with the same name.  Hopefully that's just Google Translate.

Nope, that's how the names are. However, in Japanese there isn't really confusion, because the new outfit naming is:

• ウォーターフェアリー (actual English words "water fairy" written in katakana, the Japanese character set used for foreign words)

• フラワーフェアリー (actual English words "flower fairy")

The old ones are 花の精霊使い and 樹の精霊使い which are true Japanese language. I also think these better translate as "spirit" than "fairy" but it's quite likely I'm wrong.

On the other hand, the new trim on the bustiers won't deteriorate like the faux leather trim of the original is.  

It'll just shed like crazy instead. I have the old Wooly Poncho Set which I bought just for the cute dress fortunately, but that poncho has shed hair all over everything in the package. As far as I can tell, the new bustiers themselves are still made of some kind of fake suede or vinyl and not cloth so deterioration will still be an issue.

I have the older Tree Fairy, and it hasn't started noticably deteriorating, yet. However, I don't remember if it's this outfit or another, but something I have I remember one of the hooks damaging the vinyl during the process of getting it into the thread loop, so that one is probably working on it. 😕

@archangeli has reviews and pictures of the Tree Fairy and Flower Fairy. I liked the styling and fit of the Tree Fairy better and it also seemed safer since it doesn't have the straps to touch the doll so it's the one I got.

The suit looks nice.  I'm not sure I'll get it, but those of you with Makoto , like @Silverwing, should strongly consider it.

I hadn't thought about that. Since it has the cumberbund, it's probably as close as we'll get to the tux she wore in the iDOLM@STER episode where she was the "groom." I was getting it anyway but now I need it for my Makoto. The pants will be too long for her though.

I don't know Fate/Zero so I don't know what Saber's suit looks like but I've seen pictures of DD Sabers wearing the older Stylish Suit Set, which is the one on my Luka in this picture:

http://www.dollfiedreams.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=416&image_id=1673

Is that more like it? Mandarake stocks this very rarely, but they do get it and it still sells for a reasonable price.

44 minutes ago, Beani said:

I’m loving the Mermaid Dress and really want it for 2B but I do wonder how well it will fit. They list DDDy as compatible but I just worry it won’t sit as well as on the sample SD. Maybe I’ll luck out and they will have it on a DDDy in store.

My suspicion is it will not look right on the DDdy bust, especially the "shapely" one like 2B has. At the very minimum, I think it's going to be too revealing and lose its otherwise elegant look. It's likely the waist will be loose unless it's adjustable for that. It really seems like Volks basically uses the bust of DDdy to take up the volume on SD16 clothing that on SD16 is just for the larger volume of the body.

I hope they do have a display on DDdy and that I'm wrong here.

Edited by cfx

BeyondTime
36 minutes ago, cfx said:

I was getting it anyway but now I need it for my Makoto.

Mine needs that suit, and the bunny slippers. 

The white tux is going to Belldandy, and the black label dresses to Lady Oscar and Ami Ayase. 

I like the blue label shirts, and having a second chance for the pink Pom Pom skirt. The formal shoes are a must too. 

What bums me out is that the Jewelry Box stuff never makes it to the US. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
15 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Mine (Makoto) needs that suit, and the bunny slippers.

@onion9@

16 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I like the blue label shirts, and having a second chance for the pink Pom Pom skirt. The formal shoes are a must too. 

More shirts are nice for me, especially since some of the other suits or outfits come with frilly ones that I tend to not like much.

I don't have any use for the pink pom pom skirt, but I hope that between this rerelease of the white one that Ranko can get it via either this clickwar, or the Volks USA lottery for the Dolpa 42 release or the eventual lottery for this one. She wants it. :classic_laugh: I'm also going to try to get the black one in the Dolpa 42 lottery, though I don't have a specific use for it like I do the white one.

I want those shoes, but only if they are not huge. They're shown on a DD on the suit's page:

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992427911.html

That looks promising, but the front one is head on where it's hard to tell, and the rear one is obscured by the front foot. I'm fearful they're going to be large again.

19 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

What bums me out is that the Jewelry Box stuff never makes it to the US. 

I didn't realize. It's usually stuff that isn't for me so I guess I just never noticed.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, cfx said:

I didn't realize. It's usually stuff that isn't for me so I guess I just never noticed.

There are outfits that those pieces accent well, like the one Oscar is wearing in the photos with the white dress. They are a way to make the outfit a bit more unique.

Edited by BeyondTime

cfx
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

There are outfits that those pieces accent well, like the one Oscar is wearing in the photos with the white dress, and they are a way to make the outfit a bit more unique.

I was thinking that was most likely what you wanted that for, and I guess that's consistent with what I wrote as while I think such outfits are pretty they're not my style so I haven't been buying.

I still want to see pictures.

BeyondTime
56 minutes ago, cfx said:

I was thinking that was most likely what you wanted that for

The Jewelry Box releases from last year would have gone well with some of the outfits from 2019.

nettle_tea

I feel so lukewarm about this collection... which I guess is a good thing, because the last event was hard on my wallet, haha.

A lot of stuff that I allllmost want. I would really be into those water fairy outfits but that fur ruins it for me... the rabbit outfits are very cute, but I'm not sure how much I would actually use them. And the suit would be perfect if I had 9S! But I have no idea if I'll be getting him anytime soon.

I may actually go for a second chance at those pompom skirts though. I only have the blue.

DesertPhantom51

That Silver Mermaid dress is gorgeous, but I don't have any girls it would fit.  I'm going to see about getting some of those pompoms again though, I missed on two of them last time.  Good luck in the click wars all. 

cfx

Volks' website performance wasn't completely terrible during the last outfit clickwar (unlike the Arle and Ranko clickwar) so maybe this will be ok from that standpoint.

Poofiemus

I'm another one geeking out over the DD size suit, it's very much the understated kind of suit that Yuuri needs--and more importantly, it's actually fit for DD boys. I probably can't go after it on Int because I won't start my new job till after that, but I might when it hits USA. I'm also tempted by the white SDGrB suit, but while it would probably be tolerable on Smart Doll boy, it's quite possible that it'll ONLY be "tolerable". Vitktor Nikiforov does not settle for suits that are merely "tolerable" lol.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Lynn

Poofiemus, I was also tempted to buy the white suit for my Crimson Kai, so I investigated the measurements a little bit. That suit will be too tight on chest, too loose on waist, way too loose on hips, very likely too tight on thighs, sleeves are going to be too long and trousers too short. I am going to pass the suit. It's not even tolerable, at least to my opinion. At least with that kind of price.

Edited by Lynn

sahn

I also love the suit. Is this the first time they've used a DD boy to model something?