Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

February Collection 2020

Monty
36 minutes ago, sky said:

I also love the suit. Is this the first time they've used a DD boy to model something?

No - theyve used them a few times for SD stuff that also fits and unisex Tenshi no Koromo stuff, but this is the first time its something that, while technically unisex, definitely seems to be made with DD boys in mind first.

cfx

I remember that there was that qipao from last February's collection that came with pants so could be used as a boy outfit, but that falls into the unisex Tenshi no Koromo category. It does seem like they were showing it in that mode as the featured default though:

https://www.volks.co.jp/htd_kyoto16/sumika_tnk.html

It's great we're getting this stuff not only so the DD(S) boys have more things to wear, but also for the girls who are characters that would tend to wear boyish clothing, like Makoto Kikuchi. :)

Beani

I found some pics of the Mermaid Dress on Dollfies. I’m not sure how mad I am about it on Towa (something just seems off, maybe the frill being straight rather than on an angle or something) but on Ruler I quite like it. Thing is that Ruler is not DDDy there by the look of it so I’m more confused since they don’t list other DDs as compatible with this dress. Anyone able to tell for sure what Rulers body type is here?

At least the Dynamite isn't falling out everywhere as much as I expected...

833B9298-9F04-4C5B-AA4D-23DDBCBCD120.png

A60BBB70-2760-4FB6-B9AF-EE3A7D6DEA6C.png

Edited by Beani

cfx

Ruler's default body is DD with the Shapely L bust, and to me it looks like it is what she has there. Her hips don't look wide enough for DDdy nor does the bust look like that. The bust looks higher up than the regular DD-L and the Shapely is like that, and also has the pointy bits up higher like that looks.

I assume that's a Volks store display. If it is, it's not the first time Volks has shown an outfit on a doll that it's not rated to fit. Some of the pictures you've taken at Doll Point show DDs wearing SD guy shoes, which aren't ever rated for DD (and do look huge, but then again so do many that are rated for DD).

Assuming they haven't done anything sneaky like pin it in the back, it looks like it fits better on Rule than Towa, because it's not pulled or bunched like it is on the DDdy.

Speaking of shoes, I'm glad to see the black dress shoes on that DD to see how large they are. They do look a bit long, but not too bad, especially compared to some.

The skirt on Towa looks like it's too low as well as it being straight makes it look bad. It looks like it's in the process of falling off, really. It also messes up her bodyline and makes it look like her butt is huge.

Edit: I found the picture on the Volks store blog and it lists the model as they usually do; it says "DD Ruler" and if they'd changed her body I think it would say that. It also verifies that's DDS Len so they must have made the arm and pants leg lengths such that they don't look overly long on DDS while still working on DD. I can see the pants are bunched up a bit at the bottom but it's not bad.

Edited by cfx

Beani

@cfx Thanks for clarifying on Ruler’s body. The fit looks so good on her I doubt they pinned it but one never knows. I’ve done some good pin illusions myself at times. I expected this dress to really bulge at the waist of DDs but I guess the material is super stretchy. 

I gotta say I’m really disappointed. I knew there was a chance the Dynamite bust wouldn’t fit well but I didn’t expect an L bust DD to look so much better. I can’t just buy a new body for one dress (that’s insane sounding even to me) and I doubt I will luck out and this would look as good on smaller bust DD’s like what I have. I had considered trying to swap 2B down to an L bust when in lighter colors but that wouldn’t help here as the dress hates Dynamite thighs. The bottom part is really what fails on Dynamite and I didn’t expect that (it was my favorite part of the dress too). 

Maybe it will just be best to skip the item.. I’d planned to buy a new wig as well so 2B could look super glamorous for my birthday next week as a present to myself but oh well.. can’t have everything I suppose.@onion32@

cfx

It won't solve anything with the lower half, but the top of the dress may fit 2B better than Towa in that picture, as it's my understanding that the DDdy shapely bust is smaller than the regular DDdy bust. As I don't own any DDdy that's just from what I've read though and may be wrong. I do know that there are a few Volks outfits that say they fit DDdy only with the shapely bust.

I assume Volks doesn't pin anything on their store displays, as while they want to make the outfits look as good as possible, that's going to an extent that would be dishonest in my opinion. Plus anyone can walk around and see the back of the dolls anyway.

Edited by cfx

lardroom

Hmmm.  was going to buy the mermaid dress for my 2B as well. Those pictures on the DDdy Towa are making me reconsider that. I'm hoping that whoever fit the dress did a bad job on it. I may get it anyway, as I don't mind the super hip hugging look on it. Have to put her in heels and fix the frill.

cfx

Digging through the Volks store blogs again, I found some pictures of the mermaid dress on SD16 which also shows the back. It zips up so it's not one with the adjustable hook/loop closures:

https://www.volks.co.jp/blog_nest/osaka/2020/02/20/010664.html

There's a picture of Karin wearing the men's dress suit with the separate white/blue stripe shirt on this page:

https://www.volks.co.jp/blog_nest/sapporo/2020/02/21/010679.html

• Like 1

Beani

@cfx The dress looks so beautiful on SD16.. @onion11@

Such a shame... but at least I don’t have to wait out in the cold this morning now.

Edited by Beani

cfx

Ugh the clickwar isn't even started yet and the Volks site is already inaccessible, as usual.

Oh but we get a new error page, now with English and a cute picture of a Volks store in panic because it's being overrun by people, lol.

Edit: This is actually the absolute worst website experience I've had on the new Volks website with any recent clickwar; I haven't even seen the front page since before the event started. I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep trying when I see nothing but that error page.

I'm too happy about Ranko to let this get me down. There's always the eventual Volks USA lottery for this stuff and win rates on their outfits seem pretty good as I've won the few things I've tried for that way.

Edited by cfx

cfx

Anyone else trying for stuff in this clickwar?

It took me an hour to get in, but strangely right at 9PM (CST) I got in. I had a problem where I had to reset password which I feared would kick me back out but it didn't. Once during shopping I did get the error message but I was able to continue. Once in the website seemed responsive, so it does seem like they are doing some kind of queue to keep the number of people actually accessing the site at once to a level where it isn't bogged down.

Anyway, everything I wanted except the white pom-pom skirt was still in stock, including the DD dress suit. :) I even risked ordering a couple of other outfits (last year's suits) that weren't part of the clickwar.

Before I got in I never even saw the site's front page, which seemed like was going to be worse than last time. Even during the Ranko clickwar it took only about half an hour to get into the site (which was too late then).

Anyway, I'll update today's DD To-Do List again:

• Ranko lottery celebration or heartache

Ranko says "Lucky!"

Paid for already

• Start of Volks USA lottery for Dolpa 42 outfit collection

Entered just now for both the black and white pom-pom skirts. Ranko wants them!

• Volks Japan clickwar for February outfit collection in the evening

Frustration of one hour to get in, but fine once I did and got what I wanted except the white pom-pom skirt, hopefully taken care of above

angelicore

i was refreshing repeatedly in hopes of getting the syrup rabbit outfits, but since i've only gotten through to the site once in this whole time only to be returned to the error page i'm just giving up at this point... the outfits are cute but not so unique that i'll die without them especially given that USA lotteries might still be an option (?) 

♡ (they/them) ♡

BeyondTime

I finally managed to get in and grab the two SD16 dresses, which were the items that I really wanted.

I'll go after the suits in the Volks USA event.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
10 minutes ago, angelicore said:

i was refreshing repeatedly in hopes of getting the syrup rabbit outfits, but since i've only gotten through to the site once in this whole time only to be returned to the error page i'm just giving up at this point... the outfits are cute but not so unique that i'll die without them especially given that USA lotteries might still be an option (?) 

I don't think anyone is certain on this bit, but based on some experiences in other recent clickwars after Volks updated their website, when you get that error page, click that button that is on the page to refresh rather than using the browser refresh function. It seems like Volks may be using some kind of queue system that may help which doesn't happen if you do F5 or otherwise refresh in the browser. I know there must be <something> because if I do F5 I get one of those firefox warnings about how I'm going to be resending data. The way it typically works now is once you do get in, you shouldn't get the error message. This time, I did, once, but I was able to get right back to where I was.

Volks USA will certainly have a lottery at some point for these items. Sometimes it's pretty soon afterwards, sometimes it's a bit longer because they might combine more than one of the events from Japan into one.

• Like 1

Beani

I’m happy to report that after seeing the Mermaid Dress on the DDDy at Doll Point I decided to take a chance on it and hope it fits 2B ok. Thought I’d mention it for those who were also dissuaded by Towa in it. The person who dressed Towa must have just done it really badly. 

Looking forward to trying it on her when I’m home. 

C2D42C1D-EABC-43AF-BDD0-C1EB9D0659C5.jpeg

Monty

I actually somehow forgot about this and came in an hour or so late - the suit I wanted was still in stock and I didn’t have issue loading anything. I guess it’s a good thing I forgot and didn’t have to deal with the site crashing - I’m glad the suit didn’t sell out in that time.

First clothing order from volks since the exchange rate fell off a cliff so combined with shipping it was a very painful price but I couldn’t not get an item I’ve been wanting since I first joined this hobby. And with 3 boys to wear it (not to mention the girls probably stealing it now and then), at least I’ll get my moneys worth and then some.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

angelicore

some good news from me too, actually! i checked back just now on a whim not really expecting anything and actually found that both colors of the syrup rabbit outfits were still in stock. i've ordered both and can't wait to get them. (❁´◡`❁)

also, thank you to @cfx for the advice, i'm new to volks events and had no idea what was going on, haha. ^^ ;; 

♡ (they/them) ♡

lardroom

I got all three items that i wanted (the mermaid dress, the white fringe dress, and the white shoes). It was frustrating because the Volks site locked me out for over an hour, but thankfully I wasn't after the suits.

I'm also going to dress 2B in these fancy fancy dresses despite seeing that awful unflattering Towa picture. I'm pretty sure I can do a better job.  If not, then these dresses will go to my future perfect SD16 waifu.

Gallye

Well, poop. I was happy because I thought I was going to be able to get the white shoes, but turns out my account has done the 'furigana is wrong!!' thing, so I'll have to email them to fix it. Maybe there'll still be shoes in four days! Ahaha.

cfx
49 minutes ago, Gallye said:

Maybe there'll still be shoes in four days! Ahaha.

There might be. Shoes used to go so quickly but they must make more these days as they're often available for a while.

I guess I'll enumerate what I got since I was kind of vague earlier:

• Tenshi no Koromo Dark Navy Suit (DD-specific)
  • SB-SD-246 Black Mens' Style Dress Shoes
  • SB-SD-245 White Ankle Strap Pumps
  • SDB Striped Dress Shirt

And from the February 2019 collection:

• Fresh Tight Suit
  • Stylish Tight Suit

And with the two old Tenshi no Koromo suits I already have, I'm working on having a gaggle of office ladies. :classic_laugh:

Gallye

Volks must have had all hands on deck for this event - they got in touch with me very quickly, and after a few emails back and forth they managed to fix my account. I was even in time to get the white ankle-strap pumps. PHEW. Shoes!

• Like 1

Beani

This may have been a tighter fit than her default outfit but I’m so glad the dress worked out in the end. That shapely bust works wonders.  @onion8@

49568987367_1ee9c24060.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

Edited by Beani
  • Like 7

cfx

In the picture her expression comes across a bit as "Why am I dressed like this??" :classic_laugh:

I suspected the shapely bust would work better. That aside, it doesn't look bunched up around the hip area like it does on Towa. Maybe Towa being in a walking pose is part of the problem.

Monty is right; it's a great color match to the pod. :classic_laugh:

lardroom

Looks great on 2B. I can't wait for my dresses to arrive. I have both the shapely and normal busts for her and I'm appreciating more and more the flat shapely bust she comes with.