Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

RobotDollOmega

Libidoll

RobotDollOmega

Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone else here owns a Libidoll, and if they do, whether they have purchased spare parts in the last three months and where from.

After exploring some stores in akihabara this month, I didn't have much luck (however I didn't visit all the doll stores).

My Libidoll is new (probably not recently made though). I chose to make her resemble one of my favourite characters, Lime from Saber Marionette J.

Here's a comparison of one of the shots from anime and my doll.

VideoSnapshot_20200210_131147IMG_1686

She's an absolute joy  😍

• Like 5

Singer Yuna

I didn’t know she was made of hard plastic, I thought it was vinyl ^^
I saw the display in 2017 at a little shop on a building on akihabara where is a surugaya videogame in the main floor and in the first was this little one full of charms and stuff. Surely is gone now the libidoll display, it’s been a long time.

• Like 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

RobotDollOmega

Yep, I was actually surprised that dollfies are soft to the touch. Libidoll has some give ( the hollow torso area) but otherwise tough.

Not sure if you are talking about Mandarake? There are actually 2-3 shops I haven't visited yet. Of those that I did see however, the advertisements have been long gone.

Asked the clerks who mentioned they haven't seen them in a awhile either.

Keijogirl
On 2/11/2020 at 6:53 PM, RobotDollOmega said:

-snip-

She's an absolute joy  😍

She's a cutie!  Thank you for sharing!! Do you have any other photos of her posing at all? I'd love to see to see how her body works! Never seen a Libidoll!

Edited by Keijogirl

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

Meguchi

I have one too, mine is 5 years old. She's a little old and yellows from time to time as she sits on the table by the window without a case so I have give a peroxide bath here and there. Loose magnets and what not; but still cute and kicking. Just a tip make sure to move her knee joints from time to time as it would mold into the magnet making it flat (now we dont want that). Mine deformed awhile back and I'm still regretting it to this day, but I still have her nonetheless after all these years being my 3rd oldest besides Miku and Al Azif. as for parts... Mandarake sell them (in full set) every now and then from old owners discarding her because of stains  and yellowing. She normally fetches for 10k yen to 25k yen depending on the severity of the damage (but I highly discourage buying a used one, due to umm... the nature, function and how the doll was marketed it even says it on the name Libidoll ) not unless you dont care about questionable stains here and there. I'm pretty sure 80% of the time it's because of knee joint deformation. Nice seeing another one though; not a lot of people have one.

Edited by Meguchi
  • Like 1

31331.png.dfd4a63f40636b8096732abe211870c7.png

RobotDollOmega

Niiiiice! Good to know there are more Libidoll owners out there @Meguchi 😄
Yeah, even though my Lime was new, she already had some staining (one of my posts has photo album showing the doll taken apart where you can see it). Perhaps it's the PVC that the manufacturer used?

Thanks for the warning about the magnets moulding. I regularly change her from sitting to lying/standing positions so should preserve her knees a little longer.

One of the extra parts I did want to get was the bigger bust, but I haven't really seen anything other than some eyes or wigs online (in Japan in person I haven't been able to find anything).

She's was made for a mostly Japanese audience, and even then much more niche than what most BJD enthusiasts would want. I like her though, putting on clothes is really easy too XD

Btw do you have any photos of your Libi (does she have a name) here? It'd be nice to see what she looks like outside of promotional photos!

Meguchi

**Sorry I hope you don't mind me posting photos here

Mine is named Mayu. She just usually sits on the table or chair holding Ichika,  Kaori(Dollce minisweet dolls) or my phone as seen on the photo below

50060287768_4fa228f64b_c.jpgDSC_0031 by Sanshikidan, on Flickr

Like I mentioned before her knee and elbow joints are molded flat to the magnet and I can't articulate/bend them like before. Kinda looks awkward lol

50060852186_0c78001993_z.jpgDSC_0012 by Sanshikidan, on Flickr

• Like 3

RobotDollOmega

Mayu's so cute! What a beauty! 😄

Oh, and I certainly don't mind, she's a Libidoll after all 😛

I've heard you could use a blowdryer to warm up the plastic for BJDs when making adjustments. Perhaps you could warm up her knee joints and push the material that's molded around the magnet?

• Like 1

Meguchi

@Oliver Thank you

@RobotDollOmega Thanks! Yes it normally works but mine is permanently like that since the plastic forgot it's shape; I can probably start remolding her myself. From experience she does get soft and malleable from short to long term heat. I found that out while treating her stains with benzoyl peroxide using a heating pad.

• Haha 1

RobotDollOmega

Who'd knew you'd learn material science when getting a doll? 🤣

Just remembered my modification adventures. I tried making her a bigger bust by glueing magnets to a DDS torso (as well as adding some extra plastic inside to hold the spine in place. Kinda worked, unfortunately the magnets were not strong enough and her arms kept dropping. Couldn't bare watching her not being to make arm gestures, so I reverted to using her stock bust.

There are also some advanced hands with individual fingers I bought at an event, but I still need to add magnets to her wrists to attach them.

Edited by RobotDollOmega
Extra wall of text...
  • Like 1