Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Anouc

"broken" neck spring...

Anouc

Hi volks...

I got my white body last week, and am a little disappointed T_T ...

The spring in the neckpiece is "broken" ... will mean, someone tried to change it and put a to long piece in it Ò_ó ...

Photo...

6697488921_aa86a738d7_z.jpg

6697488359_0eda379f94_z.jpg

6697487627_8b30f343ea_z.jpg

Doese anyone know how to fix this problem Oo ...

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

scripple

I suspect you're going to have to get a replacement part at this point. Cool cats sells replacement neck pieces that are more poseable but a little smaller so heads fit kind of loosely on them. There are various other brands of replacements available on YJA as well.

mitsuki

That is terrible to get a new body and already need repairs. I have a white skin girl with a very loose neck joint. If I twist the spring tighter, it helps a little but I decided to just get her a replacement neck joint from Cool Cat. Yours looks much more stretched out. I don't know if it can be twisted or wound back to being tightly coiled and the right length again. I think this kind of stretching out is easy to do if a person pulls the head and doesn't hold onto the neck. I wish the neck joints were better designed and wouldn't break so easily.

Bellatrix
Hmmmm sounds that there isnt any other resolution than to buy such a part... T_T ...

At least they're on sale on Coolcat!

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Kumi

The spring in the neckpiece is "broken" ... will mean, someone tried to change it and put a to long piece in it

I, too, think it's the original spring. But someone tried to remove the head and just pulled it to that length.

I would find a similar spring at some hardware shop and replace it just to see if it works.

New spring should be much cheaper than the replacement neck part.

Anouc

yeah maybe i should try it, but now mitsuki-chan help me out *thanks so much *

...I will try to replace the spring one day (i keep the broken part) ... so maybe when it works, nice to know than ^^ ...will let you know, when i tried and it works ^^ ...

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

mitsuki

You are welcome, Anouc.

I changed out one of my white skin girl's neck joints with a Cool Cat one, so I am sending Anouc the old one.

cutemeow

So I have a similar situation on my girl as well and I got a neck piece from Coolcat. AS the previous thread had mention is it a litre bit lose so my poor Yukino's head had been come off more than usual. Is there any tricks to keep her head on a litter bit more secure, any suggestions?

waha
So I have a similar situation on my girl as well and I got a neck piece from Coolcat. AS the previous thread had mention is it a litre bit lose so my poor Yukino's head had been come off more than usual. Is there any tricks to keep her head on a litter bit more secure, any suggestions?

I believe what you can do is to put the head on without the head cap, and then put a rubber band or washer, or something similar on the peg.

Kumi

I have to try some idea I've read somewhere.

You need a plastic bottle cap and a drill.

You drill the hole in the cap, the diameter should be slightly smaller than the neck peg, and use it to secure the head.

cutemeow

Hummm thank you all for all the kind suggestions. The Bottle cap method sounds good but that probably beyond my ability to make, I will put my thinking cap on and think of something that I can manage to make to stop her head from slipping off meanwhile I will be carefully when I put wig on and off her.

Manoogany
On 7/1/2012 at 4:15 PM, cutemeow said:

Hummm thank you all for all the kind suggestions. The Bottle cap method sounds good but that probably beyond my ability to make, I will put my thinking cap on and think of something that I can manage to make to stop her head from slipping off meanwhile I will be carefully when I put wig on and off her.

You can try thickening the neck peg. I would try a few layers of super glue or mabey some epoxie to see if the head fits on it more snugly. I have also just used the rubber band method just fine but it can be time consuming.

OccultBeast

@cutemeow I can't seem to find it again right now, but I remember seeing someone using a small binder clip to help hold (I think) a DD head on a Smart Doll body? and that might work for you too, and is easily removable if you need to take the head off or adjust anything.  It might be able to provide just enough tension to keep the head from slipping off the peg.  At the very least, if you have one of these clips lying around it can't hurt to try and would be very cheap + require no skills to do.

cfx

These extra ideas are useful information, but note that cutemeow's post is from 2012.

• Thanks 1