Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Animaster888

Matsuno Todomatsu custom smartdoll

Animaster888

Hello!

I'm seeking ideas on making a custom Todomatsu Matsuno Smartdoll from osomatsu-san.

does anyone have any?

This is him

spacer.png

Monty

This is just my opinion, but I dont think a smart doll body is going to suit him at all. The smart doll boy body is very mature and quite muscular, and also very lanky - which is very at odds with the rounded, kinda squat appearance the Osomatsu-san characters have. If it were me, I would be using an Obitsu 40 or 45cm boy.

Of course it really depends on your own vision of Todomatsu. A lot of the doujins and fanart have the Matsus drawn in a very exaggerated way only barely resembling the original art, more like typical anime bishounen. Theres also those weird colour-coded idol parody versions they had in the first episode. (although the pic you posted is of regular Todomatsu and not the pink-haired idol parody version) if you wanted to do either of them, -maybe- the smartdoll body would work. Even when far removed from the original artwork, what makes the characters recognisable in fanart is their colour-coded hoodies, so as long as you had that and a short dark brown wig and used a face with a :3 kind of mouth (either painted or part of the sculpt itself) I think Todomatsu would be recognisable.

But, I would still recommend going with obitsu if you wanted to make him resemble the show more - unless you do a complete custom sculpt theres never gonna be anything that will look like the shows art style and frankly as a doll with insert eyes in that kind of Jon Arbuckle shape might be kind of creepy, but giving him big brown eyes and a smile could potentially be cute.

Anyway I was looking for examples of Matsu dolls I've seen and found this for Jyushimatsu and Karamatsu.

http://sutorodoll.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-206.html

Obviously, they don't look like the shows art style but you can tell its them from their hoodies and facial expressions (technically these dolls are only cosplaying the characters but the sculpt expressions work well) I think these body proportions, close to what the obitsu 40 or 45 boys would be, fits the characters better than a smartdoll would.

Edited by Monty

Animaster888
7 hours ago, Monty said:

This is just my opinion, but I dont think a smart doll body is going to suit him at all. The smart doll boy body is very mature and quite muscular, and also very lanky - which is very at odds with the rounded, kinda squat appearance the Osomatsu-san characters have. If it were me, I would be using an Obitsu 40 or 45cm boy.

Of course it really depends on your own vision of Todomatsu. A lot of the doujins and fanart have the Matsus drawn in a very exaggerated way only barely resembling the original art, more like typical anime bishounen. Theres also those weird colour-coded idol parody versions they had in the first episode. (although the pic you posted is of regular Todomatsu and not the pink-haired idol parody version) if you wanted to do either of them, -maybe- the smartdoll body would work. Even when far removed from the original artwork, what makes the characters recognisable in fanart is their colour-coded hoodies, so as long as you had that and a short dark brown wig and used a face with a :3 kind of mouth (either painted or part of the sculpt itself) I think Todomatsu would be recognisable.

But, I would still recommend going with obitsu if you wanted to make him resemble the show more - unless you do a complete custom sculpt theres never gonna be anything that will look like the shows art style and frankly as a doll with insert eyes in that kind of Jon Arbuckle shape might be kind of creepy, but giving him big brown eyes and a smile could potentially be cute.

Anyway I was looking for examples of Matsu dolls I've seen and found this for Jyushimatsu and Karamatsu.

http://sutorodoll.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-206.html

Obviously, they don't look like the shows art style but you can tell its them from their hoodies and facial expressions (technically these dolls are only cosplaying the characters but the sculpt expressions work well) I think these body proportions, close to what the obitsu 40 or 45 boys would be, fits the characters better than a smartdoll would.

ty for the helpful information but tbh, I want a bishi type of todomatsu. one that can (I know this is weird) be a boyfriend to my oc doll